Attila Frontman: “If Our New Album Doesn’t Blow The Fuck Up, Then I’ve Officially Lost Faith In Music”

Attila frontman Chris Fronzak has high hopes for his bands forthcoming new studio album. Fronzak recently took to his Twitter to make the following tweets:

“If our new album doesn’t blow the fuck up, then I’ve officially lost faith in music and I quit ha. Real talk though. Go huge or I’m done. I just put too much time and effort into what I do for it to fail. I sacrifice seeing my family to make music for YOU. Think about that : )”

The group recently tracked the outing with producer Joey Sturgis (Emmure, The Devil Wears Prada) and expect to have it in stores this June.

COMMENTS

• My Farts Linger     April 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm

With lyrics like:

“Who the fuck are you?
      Who the fuck do you think you are?!
      You betrayed me this whole fucking time
      I’m the baddest motherfucker in the building
      So remember when it’s time for me to get my revenge

I will find your fucking bitch!
      And fuck her, right in front of you…”

…How could you not, “blow the fuck up?”

• BloodyBoneKummer     April 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm

” I sacrifice seeing my family to make music for YOU”

Cool, I don’t recall anyone asking you to make the music for us tho.
      Don’t try to pin your piss poor fathering/brothering on us you fuck.

• I think Im the only Attila fan on this site. Rage kicked ass and Outlawed was even better. I have no doubts this album will kick some major fucking ass. Looking forward to this shit!

• Kturl I legit checked them out because you dug them a couple months back, curiosity and all. Man, i just don’t get it…these guys are fucking useless, but to each their own!

• tentonwolf     April 15, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh….
          Some potential there musically but….
          This band couldn’t possibly be any more devoid of even mediocre intellect. Not saying my Metal requires profound shmarts but if I feel dumber after listening to something it’s a bit of a turn off. Sorry but I hope this fucker tanks, nothing this band has “achieved” up to this point is worthy of the notoriety they’ve acquired so piss of shitbirds.

• BloodyBoneKummer     April 14, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I think we all give up family time doing something for someone else…
      It’s called having a ‘Job’…
      Save me your pity stories.

• I’ll be sure to check back tomorrow to see Attila’s singer’s official retraction of his statement, since we obviously misunderstood him.

• Hotdog Fingers     April 14, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Nothing I despise more is an entertainer w/ no humility. I may have only heard about 30 seconds total of this band and obviously they have never done anything to blow my skirt up and highly doubt they ever will.

• CanYouTransfuse     April 14, 2013 at 9:26 pm

He really should……..every musician is away from their family and friends. If you are into making music for the masses to enjoy, then you are in it for the wrong reasons. Who wants to appeal to a bunch of losers who don’t even understand what they are listening to?

I actually gave you a thumbs up for that comment. Thanks bro!

• Lifeseclipse     April 15, 2013 at 2:13 am

I was reading this thread top to bottom. G Scotty, when I saw the words “silly, sad fuck” together like that, I loled hard. You are a true wordsmith, and if you don’t blow the fuck up, then I’ve officially lost faith in forum users.

• to be completely honest, as i know this may blow my cover of comedians should always deliver a joke straight-faced and never laugh at their own shit…but as it left my fingers and went up on the screen, i couldnt help but release an audible chuckle, followed by a wide grin as a clicked the post button. Thanks for the cred!

• G Scotty, be aware that CanYouTransfuse will probably don’t understand your joke as he’s not a comedian and therefor is unable to appreciate humour!

• I’m not a professional comedian either, you better not have laughed at that shit prp…unless you can post a link to your stand up material that is

Is it just me or does this not get old, not at all, not even a little bit?

• CanYouTransfuse     April 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Knowing that none of you make any music of your own will bring me endless gratification with the success of these trollings.

Silly sad fuck? Quite the opposite my friend.

;)

• BlueMoonRising     April 15, 2013 at 2:36 pm

There you go lying again Transfuse… I sent you a link to my music.

Also I totally agree with G Scotty- “Is it just me or does this not get old, not at all, not even a little bit?”

You are trolling us… and we are trolling you.

• SpinSwimScream     April 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

CanYouTransfuse said… “It’s funny because the same 5 people keep showing up through each thread so I know which ones are the true failures, hahahahaha. Even my last comment got 5 thumbs down.”

This guy acts like we have no life because we come to The PRP, yet he does the same. When you really think about it, he has to be commenting at least 2 to 3 times more than anyone else, because it’s him against everyone. So he not only responds and talks shit to Wurst, but to all of us. Once again, these are simple concepts that are far too complex for this mystery man’s simple mind. Maybe you should call-off that super, wicked, sweet tour in Europe, brah. You should go back to school instead.

• tentonwolf     April 15, 2013 at 3:57 pm

CYT at this point you could be fucking Beethoven and your comments would still make you equivocal to dogshit. I’m sure all recording artists consider their “non-recording” fans as pathetic as you do. Fuck off pal. No one cares any more than one does to let you know they think you suck dick at fucking pussy. You could come out and prove to be the most “important” recording artist of all time(which you obviously are not/never fucking will) and no one will give two shits. Not going to tell you to stop because this is clearly your social life, and as annoying as your tirades have become, from time to time it makes me chuckle to see that there are still plenty of folks out there who are in need of mental health services far worse than most of my clients lol. Don’t know/care who the fuck you are, or who you think you are but you should certainly soak up the satisfaction you get from “roping a bunch of us in”, pretty sad existence, even if you were Elvis Presley you could say that you suck at life.

• CanYouTransfuse     April 15, 2013 at 4:46 pm

“This guy acts like we have no life because we come to The PRP, yet he does the same. ”

You are correct, but the distinct difference is that I get PAID to do this. 95 percent of the time commenting I am at my awesome job, getting paid to be on Reddit/thePRP/Facebook or even over at Lambgoat berating those failures as well.

“No one cares any more than one does to let you know they think you suck dick at fucking pussy.”

You guys sure are keeping up with me well enough to make me think otherwise, hahahahahahahahaha.

You guys get really cute when you get angry. I can literally hear the keystrokes. I am just glad that I have so many fans!

• tentonwolf     April 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Damn CYT you totally got me there. Hard not to keep up with a d-bag with a serious egocentric complex, narcissistic, maybe? Myself as well as any other cat on this metalnerdsite(no need remind us, we’re here and you’re here) likely feel compelled to add our juices to the pot much as you undeniably reciprocate to when we read something that provokes a response irregardless of your rationale. As I said before soak it up, I’m sure these are the gems of your life…

• Lifeseclipse     April 15, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I know what you mean. I usually have my mom come down to the basement to check my posts for spelling and make sure they funny before I hit post.

CYT, why do you assume I’ll never make music? I already have. I play guitar and sing for 2 bands and none of which are a cover band. I’ve posted links to my shit before on here, so I’d have no problem doing it again.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     April 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Never have I wished for a band to fail more than I have at this very moment, and I’ve never even heard a note of music from these guys.

• If I had a nickel for every band you’ve come to shit talk without having ever listened to them, I’d have a shit ton of nickels.

Not that I’m defending this particular douchenozzle. Just an observation.

• b_kh405, never seen you on here, creative username. Attila is awful. I’ve heard all of 30 seconds from the guys and I can tell you they suck. Here’s a nickel, get fucked.

• Ha, I mostly just lurk man.
          But, I’m proud of you for owning up to that 30 seconds of Attila. Also, I’ll take that nickel back to your mother and invest in your college fund.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     April 15, 2013 at 5:17 am

Sorry, I just know what I like and I can tell by homeboy’s general attitude that his music probably sucks. Enjoy the nickels.

• MarsupialRebellion     April 14, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I like Attila a lot, and Fronzak is a pretty chill dude (met him last month) but that comment is kinda douche-like. I’m pretty sure the size of their fan base is like, say as big as Kottonmouth Kings (obviously I don’t mean the same kind of music, I just mean in terms of their fanbase size) because I’ve seen both acts several times at the same venues, and they had the same size crowd with the same energy level. Now the difference is, KMK has been doing this for like 20 years, at an average of 2 records a year. And I know they’re doing well enough to warrant still doing it, or else they wouldn’t. I know Attila has spent plenty of time touring and has like four CDs out, but I mean are they just trying to get rich out of something they don’t enjoy doing, or what? It takes years to “blow the fuck up” and I know that record sales aren’t wonderful with motherfuckers downloading shit all the time, but I know that they’ve definitely sold enough to be on a decent sized label. Come on now.

• MarsupialRebellion     April 15, 2013 at 5:47 pm

See man I enjoy many types of music, and in turn many different metal bands/hardcore/whatever-core from ( Carcass, Botch, Death, Machine Head,or like Converge, to newer stuff like I Declare War, As I Lay Dying, After the Burial, some Chelsea Grin, Parkway Drive etc. to some death metal Cephalic Carnage, Pathology, Dying Fetus etc. ), obviously not every band who claims to be metal… But Attila have some good riffs and grooves in their music, I enjoy covering their songs on guitar even because it’s genuinely got some badass riffery. The vocalist doesn’t have the best lyrics and not always the best delivery, but he at least has an interesting style of doing it, and the music doesn’t bore me like many other bands that are new out there. Basically I DON’T believe that Attila sound alike many other newer bands, and I do see why some people don’t like it, and I got that, especially people on this site (I’ve been coming here since 2002 or so haha I know how many of the cats here are about certain bands), but there ya go there’s an overly long version of why I dig them. Just my opinion though ya know, it’s not necessarily worth anything haha.

• adamonfire     April 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm

The only thing I know is that for some reason they’re headlining over Cancer Bats right now, which I just don’t get at all. Oh well, $12 for Cancer Bats isn’t anything to sneeze at and I’ll give them a shot too.

• adaptedtorment     April 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Cancer Bats are killer as well! The whole line-up on that tour is sweet. However Cancer Bats are playing some tiny venues on off dates on the tour, like literally a basement of a house in Reno.

• I wish i was anywhere near Reno, i’d love to see Cancer Bats in a basement, that would be a fucking good time.

• adamonfire     April 16, 2013 at 9:35 am

They’re playing the basement of a venue here – where the rap battles on 8 Mile were filmed. They killed it as the surprise guests on alexisonfire’s farewell tour, damn shame they don’t get bigger tours like Mayhem Fest.

1. Pingback:    Humble ATILLA Frontman Says If His Next Album Doesn't "Blow The Fuck Up," He Will Quit - Metal Injection | Shocking Revelations | Metal Injection

• FRANKIE IS A TOTAL DOUCHE.     April 15, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I hate to play devils advocate here, but as someone who does NOT personally enjoy this bands music, this band and other bands like them may suck in our eyes, but ATLEAST it has potential to be good “gateway” metal for kids or people new to the metal world. I mean my name is a reference to Frankie from Emmure for fucks sake, but shit i hate to admit, but even them, as much as i hate that asshole and his bands music, we should all spend less time trashing shitty metal bands we don’t like, and more time trashing shitty pop music, etc. If i hadn’t listened to some of the terrible, easily digestible “metal” bands i listened to growing up, i might not have ever got into the better, less mainstream stuff i’m into today. Isn’t that worth something? but seriously, fuck you Frankie of Emmure. You suck.

• tentonwolf     April 15, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Do you even know what fucking direction you’re trying to take this one? You had me for a sec but damn…
        I’ll revisit after a few more beverages.

• Tortilla Man     April 15, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Ok this is the funniest thing of your whole statement: Since when is Emmure easily digestible, “metal” or mainstream? Besides all of this, why should anyone spend time “bashing” pop music? That sounds like something a juggalo would do…

• I have no respect for shitty bands, period. Possibility of being a gateway band or not, Emmure is just awful.

Over the weekend, I actually made myself listen to one of their albums, Slave To The Game, all the way through just to make sure I wasn’t barking up the wrong tree when I bash them. Guess what, they still suck and display everything wrong with this younger generation of heavy bands, or as I call it “kid metal”.

• My Farts Linger     April 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Agreed. When I listen to metal (or music in general), I want to have to pay attention; to see what happens next; to catch something I didn’t pick up on the first, second, third time around…etc. To me, bands like Emmure and Attila make nothing more than shitty background music for people with no attention span.