Five Finger Death Punch Bassist Calls Out 30 Seconds To Mars For Their Meet And Greet Practices

Five Finger Death Punch bassist Chris Kael has called out 30 Seconds To Mars for their decision to wear medical gloves while doing meet and greets with their fans. He made the following post regarding that via his Instagram:

Five Finger Death Punch On 30 Seconds To Mars

“#30SecondsToMars at a meet and greet last week – WEARING RUBBER GLOVES! Nice message to send to your fans. #LivingInABubble #WeWillNeverBeThatBand #Dicks #PleaseSneezeOnThemIfYouGetTheChance”

Some bonus commentary from Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta on the matter can be found below:

COMMENTS

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     June 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm

As much as I loathe Five Foot Penis Flap, I have to concur that donning rubber gloves while shaking the hands of over-eager 16 year old girls (the current 30STM fanbase) comes across as rather douchey. To add insult to injury, their last few albums have been so self-indulgent and self-involved that you get the sense that they view themselves as the next U2 or some shit.

I tell you, Jared. I know Bono, and you are no Bono. Also, you’re too fucking blonde! Get the fuck off my porch!

• TheMediaProphet     June 23, 2013 at 4:19 pm

As a hardcore Leto fan, I have been extremely unimpressed with their recent offerings. But the first two, especially the debut were great albums. I assume after The Kill was released, they were like, “Holy shit we can make a lot of money if we spin this right!”

• BlueMoonRising     June 23, 2013 at 10:16 pm

agree. First album was GREAT. Second was good. Everything since then blah…. I don’t HATE the new single, but I don’t really like it either.

• Can’t say I blame them. One of the members of Slipknot once wore gloves to a signing, and at the end of the night the glove was completely black from all the hands he shook.

• pour meshuggah on me     June 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I could care less about 30 Seconds to Mars and the only band I hate more than Five Finger Death Punch is Bon Jovi. That being said, I don’t think the gloves are a bad idea. That’s a lot of crotch-itching 16 year olds.

• Stereotypical Evil Archer     June 22, 2013 at 11:11 pm

So these wannabe tough guys are intimidated by Jared Leto? I thought Jasta was a more respectable person than that. All those lyrics about overcoming the odds and self improvement and self respect; shit, Jasta is just a poser.

• adamonfire     June 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I think it’s pretty smart, even if they do use the Sharpie excuse. In college we stopped pouring the beer pong beer into the cups and instead filled them with water to avoid drinking out of the same cups as everyone else at a party. It’s not exactly the same, but I’ll take the slightly less authentic experience over getting meningitis.

• Mastotronic     June 23, 2013 at 7:00 pm

i think 30stm are a joke and i’ve had a couple of personal experiences with leto that really make my dislike quite personal (shoulda punched him on more than one occasion, then y’all could have read about it here!) but until you’ve sat around and shook hands with dozens of random sweaty palmed folks at a show, reserve judgement. it’s not like we’re talking about the most hygienic folks on the planet. (but seriously, guys, man up and shake your fans hands)