Rumored 2014 ‘Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival’ Lineup Leaks

The rumored lineup for this years ‘Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival‘ has begun circulating online via the below leaked admat (which has been watermarked to theprp.com for this posting.) Korn, Avenged Sevenfold and Body Count have all been rumored for awhile now thanks to leaks from the bands themselves. However if the below admat is genuine, it appears the lineup will feature:

Avenged Sevenfold
Darkest Hour
Body Count
Ill Nino
Wretched
Sister Sin
Islander

The official lineup for the festival will be revealed March 31st. Dates for the tour have already been announced and can be found below:

07/05 San Bernardino, CA – San Manuel Amphitheater

Veil Of Maya
      Upon A Burning Body
      Darkest Hour
      Body Count
      Ill Nino

I’m in.

• Only band I dig on this bill is Mushroomhead. And even then, it’s not worth seeing them for 20-30 min. Miss the old days of better bills.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Seriously. Few bands have become such a punch line in the heavy music scene. This band is more Juggalo than Slipknot ripoff at this point.

Yes I’m aware that Mushroomhead predates Slipknot. Or at least aware people claim that.

• Lol…Not really. Funny comment though. I love alot of newer bands, well past ’04, just none listed in the bill above. I could tell you why I dont like each band above, but I’m not. Easy target is Korn. Everyone knows first 3 albums were the best. It’s not rocket science. I dont wanna hear skrillex dubstep with my Korn. Avenged is…thats too easy. Mushroomehad to me have that Dog Fashion Disco and American Head Charge style with a Mr. Bungle/Faith No more twist. Those bands alone are better than Trivium..Emmure, or Texas Hippie Coalition. Lol

• Again…I never liked Mushroomhead in the past..but I listened to all their albums, saw them live..and I dig what they are doin. Most of the time..lol. They seem more interesting to me music wise and put on a better live show than deathcore growlers and tech shred Meshuggah wannabes these days. To each their own. I like giving reasons why and discussing,rather than fight and bicker and complain like alot of posters do. Thank you both for commenting. Ive done my homework man. Mushroomhead are still going, and got some awesome singers and some eerie heavy tunes.

• nymets71087     March 6, 2014 at 8:28 am

Either my musical preferences have been changing every year or this tour has gotten shittier every year. I can’t name one band I would even want to see in this lineup. Maybe Body Count just to see a fictional cop scream about killing nonfictional cops.

• nymets71087     March 6, 2014 at 9:52 am

I never attended this festival for the headliners but rather for the small number of bands included every year that I would pay to see (LOG, Killswitch, Black Dahlia Murder, JFAC, Mastodon, Behemoth, Motorhead). However, you are correct in your assessment that it doesn’t get any worse than that.

• nymets71087     March 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

Main headliners I should say. Some of those bands played the main stage but I wouldn’t consider to be the main headliners.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 10:25 am

They seemed to get tit right in 2012 with Slipknot Slayer and Motorhead. Anthrax was there too. Thats a fair amount of bang for your buck. Since then its gotten more and more vanilla.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     March 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

“Anthrax was there too” could be used to pretty much sum up Anthrax’s career.

The ’80s was a great decade for heavy metal. Anthrax was there too.

Also

Metal made a big comeback in the ’00s, with many older bands finally receiving the respect and notoriety they deserve. Anthrax was there too.

• EyeOfEveryScorn     March 6, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I disagree Jiggles. Anthrax/Exodus/Municipal Waste/High On Fire was hands down the best show I’ve been too in the last 5 years. Granted, they played Among the Living straight through, but they are awesome with the mostly original lineup.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Completely agree Adam. Can’t wait to hear new material. First for some new ETID though.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 7, 2014 at 10:31 am

That Community Service line was an inspired Jiggle jag. The best comedy is factual comedy.

• EyeOfEveryScorn     March 7, 2014 at 5:04 pm

No doubt “The Damned Things” are probably one of my favorite side projects ever but come on…you are acting as if Anthrax didn’t exist before John Bush or something. I’ll be the first to admit they aren’t “Big Four” in terms of Thrash, but they fused the Punk attitude with metal just as good as their peers. Maybe I am fucking old but that is a brutal comparison.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 8:32 am

This bill will be perpetually yawn inducing until a band like Iron Maiden takes the plunge and headlines. It seems like whenever the headliners are mediocre the support acts follow suit. There’s a few good bands there but none I want to see in a parking lot in 100 degree weather. We need a Heavy Montreal in CA. might need a new name though.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I honestly couldn’t give a fuck about their new stuff. Its not bad but I’m good with Aces High, Wasted Years, Flight of Icarus, etc. for the rest of my days.

• EyeOfEveryScorn     March 6, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Wow this is brutal. I love me some Cannibal Corpse but that shit is way better at Harpos (Detroit) with $3 Pitchers of mystery beer. I do have a soft spot for Trivium but again, on a shared stage with so much garbage this is not even close to worth it.

• As a drummer(which I know u are Wurst) I’m surprised u don’t enjoy Dave behind the kit. The dude is insane.

• Never really heard anything from him that left me thoroughly impressed. Suggest something…

• Wait, did I say I was a massive Morgan Rose fan on here or was that just coincidental that you are as well?

Regarding the link… are you telling me you like the dude because of his stage presence of because of his playing ability? I can’t say my opinion of him has changed much from watching that video.

• Morgan Rose was the dude I looked up to when I started playing. Shit, I started taking lessons my freshmen year and remember thinking half the shit he did wasn’t possible. As far as Dave goes as a drummer, its more his stage presence. I saw Ill Nino live in 03′ at Harpos. That dude was loud and crazy behind the kit. He can play for being a fat man.

• When it came to presence, I was always impressed with the little skinny dudes playing like animals, not the big guys. Dudes like Morgan, Tommy Lee, Shannon Larkin, Travis Barker (not a huge fan of him or his bands) and especially Jamie Miller when he was in Snot.

• Lol! Chris Farley! They must have some serious cash flow to still be around. More power to them that they are still together, but I didnt know they had a fan base at all these days. They have always been kinda like the watered down radio-ish Soulfy/Puya kinda band. Cool that they are still doin what they love doing. I remember the playing to tape thing they had when Marc Rizzo kicked the crap out of the singer.

• SpinSwimScream     March 6, 2014 at 5:07 pm

There’s a couple bands I like, with a couple I liked when I was 13, a couple others I wouldn’t mind seeing and some I’d get a good laugh at seeing… I don’t even know how to feel.

• Fred Fred Burger (Darkdevout)     March 6, 2014 at 6:12 pm

That’s a shame, Mayhem has been a tradition for me the past few years and has even been a tradition for my friends, who’m some have gone all 6 years(I think it’s 6 years) and even they’re thinking about skipping this year because of this projected line-up. Guess I’ll save my money and put it into some other shows.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 6, 2014 at 6:18 pm

This is less attractive to you than last years debacle of Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.? Then there’s the aforementioned Disturbed/Godsmack mess. I know these are headliners but that’s typically the memorable part for me.

• Fred Fred Burger (Darkdevout)     March 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I was speaking predominately about the side stages, in fact the headliners are better than last years and the year with Disturbed and Godsmack, but the utter lack of strong side stage support kills this for me. The only artists I really enjoy from this projected side stage is Cannibal Corpse and darkest hour.

• I would go to this, but literally the only band I have any interest in on this bill is Cannibal Corpse. Job for A Cowboy tore it up last year, too bad they cant come back.
      Hopefully the Summer Slaughter Tour organizers can make up for this shit show.

• Now I gotta go!!!

Strippers!!!!!! I want my dick sucked!!!!!
      Strippers!!!!! I wanna bust a nut!!!!

How can we all not go and sign that aloud? Even when BC isn’t onstage??

• stantheclam     March 6, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Is there any chance any other bands with be added? I’d love to see Acacia Strain, Whitechapel or Thy Art Is Murder be added.

This line up is actually shockingly bad. I’m still going to drink and have fun but I won’t be having as much fun as I’d hope to of.

• BooThisMan     March 7, 2014 at 6:28 am

Wouldn’t surprise me if any or all of those bands are on this year’s Summer Slaughter. Apparently Dying Fetus is a go already with Morbid Angel heavily rumored, in my eyes that’s already better than this drivel.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     March 7, 2014 at 10:17 am

Just curious: If the line-up doesn’t interest you, then what is the point in going? To knock back a couple of overpriced beers and/or energy drinks amongst a sea of dude-bros and drunken fat chicks?

• adamonfire     March 7, 2014 at 10:30 am

The Rockstars are free, so if you get a cheap lawn ticket you could hypothetically make a “profit”

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     March 7, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Add time spent on a lawn listening to mediocre metal with thousands of douche bags and you’ve got a substantial loss.

• stantheclam     March 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Well the bands are OK – there are a few I’ll have fun with but mainly I like to go out and do stuff. I have those days off work because of my rotation and I like to party. So I”ll go down and have drinks with my buddies and prob chat with the hot girls that are there the whole day. That’s what I did in 2012 and had a blast. I work hard so I like to get out and do fun stuff when I can.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 7, 2014 at 5:33 pm

There ain’t nothing wrong with that. For every dozen drunken fat chicks there’s at least one hot 19 year old with daddy issues. You could have a worse day with 25 bucks plus overpriced beer.

• EyeOfEveryScorn     March 7, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Lawn People…hehe. Yeah Adam, I will be throwing sod your way, pissing down the hill, and knocking em back with my dude-bro friends. Except, not at this show because this lineup blows ass.

• adamonfire     March 7, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Well I’m taking my parents to Chicago / REO Speed wagon so that’s the only other DTE show I have set in stone so far, but that should change with SG/NIN.

• Ilikegoodmusic     March 7, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Everyone should stop bitching about this lineup. It’s pathetic. A7X is awesome. They make great, understandable music unlike most of the bands on this list. Korn isn’t bad either. If you don’t like it, then DON”T FUCKING GO. For people who like the bands on the list, buy a ticket.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 7, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Will do buddy. I’m glad you made that all-important yet controversial proclamation.

“If you want to go, better buy a ticket! If you don’t like the bands, then DONT buy a ticket! Take that motherfuckers!”

Seriously though you’ve been great.

• meatrocket     March 20, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I just had to create an account…this is the winy est cyber place…im wondering where the cheese n crackers are…atleast there will b food…mushrooms n korn…y cant they get someone like gwar to headline….real old skool..i like the guy who said….ozzy save us…hey they coulda put the googoo dolls in here but then daughtry would have had a fit…wat if seven doesnt fold…wat if he hangs everything on hangers….my darkest humor…so dark i cant see my laughter….id rather you all didnt go…i can have that one 19 year old with daddy issues to myself…where can i get a roofie…and some duck tape….