Emmure’s Frankie Palmeri’s “Cold Soul” Merch Store Shut Down For Offensive Designs (Updated)

Emmure frontman Frankie Palmeri recently had the online store for his Cold Soul merchandise line pulled—allegedly as a result of offensive designs. Allinmerch.com, who were operating the store confirmed the closure via Twitter.

Some of the offensive designs in question that are thought to have resulted in the store being shut down can be found below. One shirt in particular featured a picture from the Columbine High School Massacre with the caption “shoot first ask questions last” on the back.

Update – August 07th 1:44pm:

While he hasn’t replied directly to the situation, Frankie Palmeri seems indifferent to the criticism leveled at his design choices. Earlier today he retweeted two responses from fans, including: “I still want that columbine shirt. Idgaf ” and “where can i buy some Cold Soul shirts man?”

Frankie Palmeri's Cold Soul Shirt

Frankie Palmeri's Cold Soul Shirt

Frankie Palmeri's Cold Soul Shirt

COMMENTS

• Bitter Old Man     August 7, 2012 at 7:51 am

I second this comment for sure….and I much as I hate starting any violence I agree with the Wurst dude….someone just needs to stomp this guy hard and finally shut his mouth.

• FarBeyondDriven     August 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Yea… about that, how many of you think this dumbass actually got permission to use a picture from that movie in his “designs” I hope this draws attention to the stupid fuck and he gets sued for copyright infringement.

• Justanotherpassenger     August 7, 2012 at 11:12 am

Well a few things. I don’t know how really liking a movie makes me “suspect.” I’m a big Eddie Furlong fan, so I of course, love his character. The point of his character is not that he’s some racist punk, it’s that he’s an impressionable youth and younger brother and is greatly influenced by the community of peers he grows up around. I guess you missed the part where Danny follows Derek into a path of peace, tolerance and love for those around him instead of sheer contempt and outright hatred. How dare I enjoy a film. Just because some douchebag with a microphone and a webstore happens to like the same movie doesn’t make me anything.

• Swagadelphia     August 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

I apologize but when discussing a film that has a number of questionable fans referring to it as the shit leaves alot to the imagination. and when referencing it to a picture taken out of context it has the ability to raise some eyebrows.

• Big Edward Furlong fan? Oh yeah, I forgot about that award-winning performance in Pet Cemetery 2 and, most recently, the Night Of The Demons remake. Stellar performances, I must say.

• Justanotherpassenger     August 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Sorry if Terminator 2 was a big favorite of mine. I also really like Detroit Rock City. How dare me! Fuck all these personal preferences that don’t impact anyone else in the slightest. What an ass I am for having an opinion that is not directly symmetric to yours.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     August 7, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Hell yeah, Detroit Rock City! I hate KISS but have always loved that movie. He was also great in Pecker. His career really went down the shitter after that, though.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     August 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm

hey frankie, idk if you realize this but theres a lot of people still sensitive about columbine, especially with the aurora shootings. oh, and that sikh temple shooting on saturday in wisconsin. youre a CUNT! and i know you never got hugged enough as a kid and you crave attention like an un-sub on ‘criminal minds’, but i think no one would blame you for committing suicide at this point. i for one would love to help you tie the noose up!

• adamonfire     August 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm

It was during their set on Saturday that we chose to leave our comfy pavilion seats and take a break laying down on the lawn not even watching this turd. He kept bitching about people standing up and showing him respect or some shit, I don’t know I wasn’t really listening.

• Usually by now there would be an Emmure fan on here sticking up for Frankie, but i am so glad to see thats not the case. Either its becuase you know you stand no chance, or despite your love for his weak ass music, you too are disgusted by these shirt designs. Either way, hope Frankie checks thePRP every now and again, so he can see a collective reply from a metal music news site…dude, hang it up, fucking disappear, hopefully this dumbfuck move of yours is enough to convert people away from your music so that you cannot financially continue to tirade of bullshit.

• Seriously, did the band decide their wretched excuse for music wasn’t trashy enough, so the “singer” decided to up the ante and raise the douchebag factor up to 11? This is disgusting, especially in light of recent shootings that have occurred in Seattle and Wisconsin. Fuck this band, fuck this merchandise and fuck their music. I hope any member of Emmure checks this site and realizes their singer isn’t fit to share oxygen with the rest of the planet and goes on to greener pastures.

• I should’ve mentioned Aurora as well – it was late. But yeah, I live in Seattle and a couple months ago, some guy barged into a coffee shop and shot five people, then carjacked and killed a woman, led police on a high-speed chase, and then offed himself when cornered.

• 8 bit ninja     August 7, 2012 at 8:48 am

I love t shirts, I have a great collection including many “offensive” ones that I like to wear when the mood strikes me but these are disgusting, I actually cringed looking at those pictures…and no Frankie, that’s not a good thing. These are not a wake up, a hard social statement, cutting edge or fiendishly explicit. These are fucking low and only prove how ignorant you really are. I dislike having to be an internet warrior from behind the comfort of my keyboard and it would certainly be worth it to get a ticket to your show and knock your teeth out in person…but then I would just be sinking to your depths and I’m so much better than that. Fuck off.

1. Pingback:    FRANKIE PALMERI IS A CLASSY GUY | MetalSucks

2. Pingback:    Emmure Singer’s Merch Store Shut Down For Insensitive Designs | Metal Insider

• Swagadelphia     August 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

I am being serious like are you willing to not see a band you like because Emmure is touring with them? I am especially with that Hatebreed tour announcement.

• A few years back they played Thrash n’ Burn the first year of that tour with devildriver, bands before them were awesome, we left right before the came on, their merch table made me crack the fuck up though.

• veil your eyes     August 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

i will go to the hatebreed show, but when emmure play i will throw things at frank n beans, perhaps water bottles. i would love to peg that bitch in the dome with an egg or dozen.

wishful thinking

• BlueBalls     August 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm

If you take ketchup packets and twist them tight at one end, they’ll explode on contact. Shouldn’t be too hard to sneak into the venue either. Just a suggestion.

3. Pingback:    EMMURE's Frankie Palmeria Has A Talent For Making Shirts That Are Both Poorly Designed & Terribly Offensive | Metal Merch | Metal Injection

• Bleedsfromthesky     August 7, 2012 at 11:41 am

It is impossible to offend me, but the stupidity and lack of thought that went into these shirts actually managed to offend me. As if Emmure didn’t suck bad enough already…

• PeAcE MiNuS 0Ne     August 7, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I am just completely blown away at the first shirt. Who the hell can even joke about that nevertheless put that on a shirt? Kakkmuddafakka!

• Swagadelphia     August 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Victory records(Emmure is still signed to them I am pretty sure) dropped OLC for less than this. But they would probably just get picked up by a major and infect more people with this BS.

4. Pingback:    EMMURE's Frankie Palmeri Has A Talent For Making Shirts That Are Both Poorly Designed & Terribly Offensive | Metal Merch | Metal Injection

• lateraleye789     August 7, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I think everything can be funny or joked about and stuff like this doesn’t offend me but these shirts are just dumb. They don’t try to be creative or clever, all they seem to do is promote violence. The American History X shirt also seems to completely disregard the message of that movie as well. Not to mention they look like some bad bootleg shirt you’d get in the parking lot of a concert. For fucks sake that Columbine shirt has 4 different fonts on it, who the fuck does that? And since when did metal bands have their own clothing lines? This dude should stick to what he’s good at, pleasuring truckers through glory holes in rest stop bathrooms.

• southpawchew     August 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm

yeah, one of my best friends is a sikh. Hes gotten all types of shit for wearing his turban and had a person from his temple killed after 9-11. sikhs believe in peace for mankind, have fought against the muslims for years. but yeah, lets just shoot first and ask questions later.

• GotsTaGetMines     August 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

How can you say you don’t like a band if you’ve never heard any of the songs?

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     August 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Hearing is one thing; memorizing is another.

You’re a self-loathing closet fan, I suspect.

• GotsTaGetMines     August 8, 2012 at 9:34 pm

It’s not like this douche-bro is a lyrical genius writing thought provoking stories. This shit’s not that hard to remember after hearing once.

• well i knew i hated ‘design the skyline’ without ever hearing them, if you want a prime example.

• HoodooOperator     August 9, 2012 at 12:43 am

First: I caught shit on this site for never having heard any Emmure but commenting on how, based on what people on here w/ good taste said about them, I never had to in order to determine that they sucked. So after catching shit I listened to them. Mediocre at best. Very cut & paste. Turns out I was right.
      Second: A coward promoting cowardly deeds? Wanna see my “shocked” face?
      And finally C: Maybe Frankie needs some unprovoked, fatal violence to effect the children in his life and then see how committed he is to the promotion of shooting unarmed kids. My guess is he sees things differently.

• Haha, thanks man. I love them. Definitely wish they got more recognition. I think they are the only band I listen to that gets recognized less than Necrophagist.

• Dude, I fanboy out over their shit. Always have. I put in money on the Kickstarter for the new record and everything. I’m not that big of a “djent” fan, but there’s no way you can go back and listen to The Fundamental Component, or even the versions from the first self-titled, and say those dudes weren’t a decade ahead of their time. Incredible shit.

• Ska_Mitzvah     August 10, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Wear the first shirt to a school, the second shirt to an airport and the third to a KFC and see what happens…

but seriously, this guy needs to be put down.

5. Pingback:    Choosing Love: A Rejection of Hate in Heavy Metal | Natalie Zed

• All of you are fucking stupid. Frankie is an amazing artist. Just because you dont like his music or what he puts on his clothes doesnt give you any right to sit here and judge him or talk shit on him or anyone else in Emmure. If you dont fucking like it, then WHY THE FUCK, are you on his site? No one told you you HAD to come to this page. If you dont like him then LEAVE, you ignorant fucks.

6. Pingback:    Choosing Love: A Rejection of Hate in Heavy Metal | Toronto Standard Toronto Standard