Slipknot Expected To Announce “Knotfest” Next Week, Deftones, Lamb Of God, Etc. To Perform

@slipknot It looks as though Slipknot‘s impending big announcement won’t entirely be in regards to their upcoming greatest hits release. Instead, the band are highly rumored to officially be announcing this years edition of their “Knotfest” festival.

The event will take place at the Mid America Motorplex in Pacific Junction, Iowa on August 17th. Slipknot will headline the event with the following artists set to appear as well:

Deftones
Lamb Of God
Dethklok
Serj Tankian
The Urge
Prong

Tickets are due to go on sale on June 08th. More details are expected this coming Monday, June 04th.

COMMENTS

• FarBeyondDriven     June 4, 2012 at 5:30 am

Exactly the same thought I had… a ska-metal(ish) band really seems like an odd fit here. Maybe it’s a different the Urge?

• Stereotypical Evil Archer     June 2, 2012 at 8:44 pm

If Slipknot played Iowa in its entirety, that would be cool.

If the Deftones played Around the Fur in it’s entirety (including the unlisted track Damone) then I would endure the bleakness of Iowa to witness it.

• theguilty1     June 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm

The best thing to come from Slipknot’s success is the amount of bands that have actually paid attention to Iowa over the last 13 years since they hit it big. More shows come through our shitty little state than ever did before. I could care less about Slipknot, but I appreciate what they did for the music fans in the state.

• bands like slipknot never get the credit they deserve. they’re one of those gateway bands that gets people into metal and draws attention to the genre. it doesn’t fucking matter if you don’t like their music. they’re still important. if it weren’t for bands like slipknot and korn, i may never have discovered some of the music i love today.

• adamonfire     June 3, 2012 at 9:34 am

If you like hard rock music in any form, I don’t see how you can’t like Wait and Bleed or Spit It Out at minimum. They’re the kind of band that has more songs that I like than I actually realize.

• theguilty1     June 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

Isn’t that exactly what my post just said? I don’t care for their music, but appreciate what they did. Over your head, I guess.

• adamonfire     June 2, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Why, there are tours going around with the top 5 billed acts – Slipknot’s on Mayhem, LOG and DK will be on tour together, and Deftones and SOAD will also together – not to mention SOAD is immeasurably better than Serj solo.

• Darkdevout     June 3, 2012 at 9:15 am

Yeah and I live on the east coast so I’m going to all those tours, people on the west coast or midwest won’t get SOAD/ Deftones, so that’s why it’s in Iowa and not anywhere more east.

• adamonfire     June 3, 2012 at 9:32 am

SOAD/Deftones is hitting Metro Detroit and Chicago – but yeah you’re SOL if you’re in the western states. I saw people that flew in from San Diego for Rock on the Range in Columbus.

• slipknotmaggot50315     June 3, 2012 at 2:42 am

i knew they wouldnt leave us high and dry here in iowa even though meyhem totally passed us by!!!!!!!! im alot happier camper now. im taking my 6 yr old to his first concert!!!! (SIC) right???

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     June 3, 2012 at 2:50 am

So just to clarify, if a female attends ‘knotfest’ she’ll get trampled, whereas if she attends the ‘gathering of the juggalos’, she’ll get raped…

• damn (your mom's balls)     June 4, 2012 at 7:30 am

I wonder if Randy Blythe will have a separate solo set so he can rant about politics and women’s rights. This could be the Green Party Presidential Convention…. or maybe the Brown Party….. like my underwear.