Emmure’s Frankie Palmeri Vents On Criticism Of His Lyrics

Emmure frontman Frankie Palmeri hit his Twitter earlier today to vent on the flack he takes online regarding his lyrics. On that he offered:

“I love the comments I read online about what I should or shouldn’t be writing about in my songs. What a horrid age of unappreciative fucks.”

COMMENTS

• Are you sure it didn’t go more like this?:

“I love the comments I read online about what I should or shouldn’t be writing about in my songs. (Breakdown) What a horrid age of unappreciative fucks. (Breakdown)”

• brianvsshark     July 13, 2012 at 11:20 pm

It’s more like:

” I love the comments(breakdown) I read online(breakdown) about what I should(breakdown) or shouldn’t be writing(breakdown) about in my songs. (breakdown)(breakdown)(breakdown) What(breakdown) a(breakdown)..ahhh fuck it…(breakdown…breakdown…breakdown….etc. korn/90′s numetal…(breakdown)…chunk chunk chunk

• I’m confused by his use the the word ‘unappreciative’. I ‘appreciate’ my mom for giving me life, but that people don’t like this guys’ band, really has nothing to do with ‘appreciation’, unless you go the route, I don’t appreciate your lyrics about Mega Man vs Ryu, or cocaine dicks or whatever juvenile crap he’s writing.

And as far as ‘should or should not write’, the guy ‘s lyrics read like he’s at a fifth grade reading level, so maybe he shouldn’t be writing anything at all.

• wearesorta138     July 11, 2012 at 2:13 pm

To sum up…He’s happy writing about wanting to watch his girl blow another dude. However, not so happy for being made fun of for it.

• Moxy? Oh, Brian     July 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm

i’m not sure what he was hoping to accomplish by making a shallow, unintelligent complaint about people thinking he has shallow, unintelligent lyrics. i guess the problem with being stupid is you’re not smart enough to realize it.

• He doesn’t have to google himself to get shit rubbed right into his face because of his lyrics or his band’s music. Dozens (probably rather hundreds) of kids ‘like’ the band on Facebook just to comment on pictures, videos, whatever the band posts, saying how their lyrics and music suck. Doesn’t matter if you like Emmure or not – but spending time with shit like that is still even a bit less mature than Frankie’s lyrics.

• Fred Fred Burger (Darkdevout)     July 11, 2012 at 6:39 pm

This band is going nowhere, they’re just a mid-level band that opens for bigger bands at small clubs, this guy acts like he made it hence with the lyrics “I WANT TO SEE YOU SUUUUUCK HIS DIIIIICK” I think it was some guy on the PRP who told me he said that because people thought he would never “make it” well guess what all your money is going to your tour bus and your barely making enough money to afford McDonalds, congrats on making it!

• Despite all the justified criticism, I don’t get what you’re talking about. Each of their albums has sold better than the one before, also they’re doing headline tours pretty regularly (even in Europe and Asia). If they open for other bands, those bands are usually on the level of Hatebreed or Asking Alexandria (whom I don’t like, but they sell and do pretty well).

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     July 12, 2012 at 4:51 am

What I wanna know is, who the fuck is listening to this band enough to criticize them in the first place? Never heard a single note, never will.

• Lifeseclipse     July 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I have listened to nothing also. But instead of leaving that in a comment, I’ll just reply to yours saying that I am in the same boat. It’s alot less work for me this way. I’ve never even heard of Emmure, but it seems mention of the name gets everyone’s jimmies rustled right up.

• Hes probably talking about the Facebook group “Emmure Sucks” which at one point was 5000+ members strong. He got on there a couple times and started started talking shit to kids. Pure Gold.

1. Pingback:    HOW DARE WE NOT APPRECIATE FRANKIE PALMERI | MetalSucks

• What about “R2deepthroat”, it’s like a dick-sucking robot. Get it? “Immaculate Misconception” it’s like the opposite of Jesus being born, or maybe it’s about how the Franco Harris touchdown shouldn’t have been allowed? Frankie is so clever it’s open to vatious interpretations.

• Moxy? Oh, Brian     July 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

look at that…a dumb ass Pank comment that has nothing to do with anything whatsoever…followed by a Wurst comment talking about how funny it was.

…you two could be the most derivative comedy duo of all time.

• Moxy? Oh, Brian     July 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm

you could call it ‘Blackie and the Man’. I can see it now…Pank…a fat white guy in black-face like the old timey minstrel shows…and Wurst standing next to him laughing every time he says ‘nigga’. i think we’re on to something, here. i bet there’s like…30 people who’d watch that.

• All that because I like the movie “Dont Be A Menace..”? And you guys say every time I say something its negative or shit talking. I’ve been actively trying to stop fucking with people on here. Looks like you’ve taken over, sir.

• Moxy? Oh, Brian     July 12, 2012 at 11:37 pm

…as of right now I only fuck with you two. and i don’t think you can consider yourself ‘reformed’ if you’ve gone 24 hours without being an asshole.

• Pank On Da Inside     July 14, 2012 at 12:09 am

Okay nigga! hurr is sumfin related to the topic just like Frankie ur a FAG! Stop trollin me ya nigga hatin bukakke boy! Nigga yo middle name must be Dominos cuz u fuckin cheeeezy!

• Moxy? Oh, Brian     July 14, 2012 at 12:33 am

i’m not trolling you. when i encounter your non sequitor bullshit i feel inclined to say something. i’ll repeat this for you again: i AM black. you are NOT. and beyond being ‘racist’ or ‘offensive’ or any other lame buzzwords, i find this character you do to be exceedingly obnoxious. now watch who the fuck you talkin to with those lame ass comebacks. nigga.

• Pank On Da Inside     July 14, 2012 at 3:20 am

Damn nigga what are u my probation officer?! I see you trolllin you haaaaatin! It took my black ass 2 days to make my 1st response to the post and it took u a lil under 30 min to respond! Nigga u trollin!

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     July 12, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Frankies pain is totally self induced. The problem with writing adult songs with lyrics about your favorite childhood things, is that everyone thinks you need to grow up. I love g.i.joe but you dont hear me trying to cookie monster growl a tune about how badass shipwreck was!

• If Emmure put out a record about lesser cartoons of the 80′s… let’s say a DinoRiders or Silverhawks or Centurions album, I’d buy that shit. Hell, if you look back at the uniforms, there was plenty of homoeroticism being slipped in edgewise, so this should be a natural extension for Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Yeah, this dude’s name is Frankie.