At The Drive-In Play First Reunion Show In Austin, Texas, Footage Available

At The Drive-In made their return to the stage last night (April 09th,) playing their first show since announcing their reunion plans. The set took place at Red 7 in Austin, TX and fan-filmed footage from it can be found below. Meanwhile, the set list for the night ran as follows:

01 – “Arcarsenal
15 – “Catacombs

One Armed Scissor“:

Enfilade“:

Quarantined“:

COMMENTS

• Fred Burst     April 10, 2012 at 9:52 am

Look at Omar in the corner actin’ like a sap. Back in the day that dude would’ve been hanging from the rafters, Shaking his pre-hipster Afro all over the place. He’s not even pretending to be into it here. Get that money, BRO.

• Cheeky Delinquent     April 10, 2012 at 11:14 am

that was the first thing i noticed. at first i was like is omar even there? how lame. i watched the new refused live footage and theyre all gettin down just like old times. best live video of atdi….

• Yeah I would never expect Cedric to sound like Cedric… That’s just the way he sings now, and if you think he was a better singer in the ATDI days your nuts. Listen to Noctourniquet and tell me that it’s not the best shit Cedric’s ever done. He’s 37 years old, he actually knows how to sing now. He used to just yell, admittedly it sounded awesome, but he’s not going to blow out his voice so a few guys on the theprp won’t bitch about how it doesn’t sound the same.

• Anyone can sound good on a studio produced album. You act like he is one of the amazing vocalists of our time. Maybe if he could pull off the same stuff live that he does on the albums, I’d agree.

• I never said a word that even implies anything regarding which vocal style is better. I can understand if he simply can’t pull off the screams anymore, though that doesn’t make it any less of a shame. But it’s not even just the screams–you can hear the higher tone to his voice with that TMV twang to it even during the melodic bits. Just because he sings like that in his current gig doesn’t mean everyone should assume that’s the only way he can sing now.

If I wanna hear ATDI, then well, I wanna hear ATDI. Something tells me that’d be the opinion of more than just “a few guys on the theprp,” as ridiculous a statement that was.

And for the record, no, he didn’t “just yell” in ATDI.

• He can pull the same stuff off live. Every time? No. The vocal parts he comes up with are so ridiculous, the fact that he even comes close is amazing. It’s impossible to replicate them every time out. I’ve seen TMV ten times and I’d say he sang perfect 3 of those times, 4 really close, and 3 really bad. You act like he uses autotune. He sings those parts on the albums. Is there multiple takes on each track? Probably. Is there some effects on some tracks? Yeah, but because it’s part of the sound. Anyone who doesn’t think Cedric is one of the best vocalists out there either hasn’t heard enough, is fucking deaf, or stupid.

• I was being extreme to make a point. Of course he sang, but the way he sings is different now. Chino Moreno is a prime example, he used to sing from his throat, blow out his voice, and sound shitty live…a lot. Been to a Deftones show lately? He knows how to sing and scream from his gut, sounds different, but you don’t have to worry about him half-way through a tour sounding like shit. Singers get vocal coaches and learn how to preserve their voices. I know Chino has one for a fact. Not sure about Cedric, but I’d bet he does. His range is ridiculous, and he’s just learned to harness that shit.

• Relentless_Beating     April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm

After finally getting to view the footage, Omar is just showing a gerenal disinterest in playing these songs. I have watched footage before where he goes a nutty in TMV, but this is the most I have ever watched him just stand there.

You can say its the drugs or whatever excuse you wanna use, but these songs have a groove almost anyone can get into when playing them, and he just doesn’t care. C.R.E.A.M. BABY!

• This reunion is absolutely a cash-grab. I think they’ve admitted as much. I guarantee Omar would be going off if he wasn’t a bit out of sorts from his mom’s passing though. Only Omar knows for sure, though the reason they broke up in the first place was because Omar and Cedric wanted to get a little nuts, while Jim Ward wanted to go a more traditional alternative route, so who knows, maybe he is bored, maybe he’s itching to do a Noctourniquet tour.

• coolguy2424     April 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Damn, no Arcarsenal footage. That is my jam. All you folks whining that this is not heavy or aggressive enough are missing the point. I always envisioned that ATDI were the bastard child of Fugazi and Pink Floyd maybe with some semen from the Stooges mixed in as well. The fact that they are playing shows again ends everything. Plus, Omar’s mom just died as others have stated. That kind of thing would chill anybody out.

• Dixon Cider     April 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Omars mom died a couple weeks ago, the man showed up instead of canceling. I feel sorry for all you sad fucks who don’t have a close relationship with your mothers. Its truely the most important love you can have while alive. Those of us who do, most likely would have canceled/postponed.

• Who said the prp isn’t good for life lessons? Thanks Dixon Cider, I am going to call my mom and reconcile all of our issues! Look at you, doing the good lords work!

• Also, just because someone doesn’t have a relationship with their mother, doesn’t make them a “sad fuck.” There are some piece of shit mothers out there, genius.

• Dixon Cider     April 11, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Well since you need a little help in reading comprehension, let me give the crib notes.

sad fucks=the person/people ripping on this guy.
          Has nothing to do with not having a mother/mother relationship, genius.

and ofcourse there are piece of shit moms, brainiac. Hence the: “I feel sorry…” statement.

P.S.
          If you’re going to have a screen name that screams out idiot/mentally impaired. Atleast try to appear that you’re somewhat educated…..Farts

• Moron, read what you wrote! You said “I feel sorry for all you sad fucks who don’t have a close relationship with your mothers.” This statement, implies that the “sad fucks” are the ones “without a close relationship to their mother.” Or am I just completely missing something here? Also, your “screen name” is Dixon Cider, so get off my nuts. Finally, I don’t need to, nor do I care about “appearing” intelligent, especially for anyone on the fucking prp.com…

• P.S – you misspelled a few words (figured I’d point em out since you’re such a “brainiac.”) 1) Canceled – CANCELLED 2) Truely – TRULY and 3) Atleast – AT LEAST.

• Dixon Cider     April 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm

and I’m honored you consider me a brainiac, because i surely never said such a thing.

“I don’t need to, nor do I care about “appearing” intelligent” – Farts

• hmmm there was moshing and crowd surfing going on. They used to stop shows because of that back in the day. Sellouts amirite????!?!!?!

Get over yourselves. People have been clamoring for ATDI and Refused reunions for fucking years and yet all people can do when the reform is say it’s for the money or they look like they don’t give a shit. You wanted them to be puppets and perform for you, now go buy a ticket and shut the fuck up.

1. Pingback:    Video: At The Drive-In Perform First Show In 11 Years | Metal Insider