Linkin Park & Incubus Summer Tour Rumored

Rumors abound that Linkin Park and Incubus will be touring together this summer. Members of Incubus recently let word of the tour slip in footage that has since been pulled.

COMMENTS

• MARIACHI EL willX     March 17, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I hate both. Incubus has been dead to me since science (though I believe as dudes they seem cool). However, I do tip my hat to “a crow left of the murder…”. Linkin Park was always shit imo. But hey, both of those artists have million plus sales I have to settle on hating shit via my puter so fuck me.

• My Farts Linger     March 17, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Do you find them to be superior to ‘SCIENCE?’ I can’t honestly say which one I like best. They are all different and awesome in their own way. I’ll admit I don’t listen to them often(as I typically am listening to some type of metal), but I listened to them a lot when I was younger.

• My Farts Linger     March 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I agree with Adam, I really like ‘Make Yourself’ and ‘Morning View’. The song ‘Aqueous Transmission’ from ‘Morning View’ remains one of my favorite tracks to listen to while I am stoned!

• CaptainCream     March 18, 2012 at 10:07 am

Only good song on a Crow is sick sad little world. I hate that album, Pistola is the most annoying song by them. Morning View sucks too. Havent really given the newest one a chance.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     March 18, 2012 at 10:39 am

I haven’t like anything from Incubus since Morning View either. They lost the funk and I lost interest. Linkin Park has always been bad. Hybrid Theory marked the end of numetal in my eyes.

• adamonfire     March 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

I didn’t like Crow a whole lot until I started seeing live renditions of the songs, and the more I listened to it the more I liked it. Pistola is amazing, my second favorite on the album behind SSLW. Megalomaniac, Priceless, and Agoraphobia are all great tunes. Light Grenades is a little more mainstream, but still a very solid album overall. Their only miss is the new album – I only like Adolescents, Promises, Promises and Switchblade.

If you think Morning View sucks, you need some hearing aids.

• southpawchew     March 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

i think i remember reading a small post back in the blue days (of the prp) about linken park i checked um out and thought this band is gonna be huge told a small group no one believed me then about 2 months later everyone had their cd. i saw um once, after snoop dont remember anything about their set

• Linkin Park was one of the worst bands I’ve ever seen live. They sounded like garbage at an Ozzfest, I can’t believe they were on the main stage. I don’t think it was the size of the venue, either, they just sounded bad.

I’ve never seen Incubus, but I’ve always liked them, especially the Fungus Amongus / S.C.I.E.N.C.E funk-metal era. I do enjoy a lot of their tunes, though. Their newest (Light Grenades, If Not Now, When?) were definitely not metal, but I enjoyed them nonetheless for what they were.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     March 19, 2012 at 9:49 am

I saw Linkin Park on Summer Sanitarium in 2003. Fucking awful. They couldn’t even get a crowd full of drunk Limp Bizkit fans excited. I’m also fairly certain that Chester character was lipsynching. If not, he had more vocal effects than any vocalist should ever have. His “screams” carried on for several seconds after closing his mouth. Having a large video screen did not work in their favor.

I saw Incubus once on the 98 Family Values Tour. The vocalist had dreads down to his ass back then and he played the bongos throughout the set. I didn’t know who they were at the time but I immediately became a fan. They just killed it. I haven’t given a shit about them in years though.

• Agreed with Chester, he simply could not keep up at all live. Neither could any of the musicians, and I use that term loosely.

1. Pingback:    Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda Recruits Deftones’ Chino Moreno for ‘Raid’ Soundtrack, Listen Here