Marilyn Manson Announces Spring U.S. Tour

Marilyn Manson will spend a good portion of the spring on tour in the United States. While openers for the trek have yet to be revealed, The Pretty Reckless have been announced for at least two stops (April 29th & May 15th) of the tour. You can find the dates below.

Meanwhile, Manson is expected to release a new single by the name of “No Reflection” in May; with his next full-length album “Born Villain” to follow afterwards.

04/27 Providence, RI – Lupo’s At The Strand
05/16 Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theatre
05/18 Minneapolis, MN – The Brick
05/19 Milwaukee, WI – Eagles Ballroom
05/20 Columbus, OH – Rock On The Range Festival

COMMENTS

• Weird_White_Dude     February 15, 2012 at 10:22 am

This looks like a tour of mostly secondary markets. It’s probably just a run for him to test out some new tunes before his single / album drops. I’d expect to see him on a more extensive U.S. tour in the Summer when the record comes out.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Don’t act like you’ve been there Wurst. Detroit has some of the best venues in the country. But I’m a GR boy so I’m not complaining about getting the shows.

• Hahaha wow, maybe you should leave the state sometime if you think Detroit or GR has some of the best venues in the country.

• iv lived in both and i go to grap at least once a month, but damn, the two hour drive does get pricey… you kids have gotten a ton of great shows lately. ill be out there a few times in march. i miss the old intersection.

• The Fillmore is one of the best venues around, it’s absolutely beautiful inside. St. Andrews is a rock/metal/hip-hop cornerstone and Harpo’s/Blondie’s are metal mainstays (I haven’t been to either yet, but I do hear they are shady.)

I haven’t been to the Fox since I was in middle school but it’s also quite nice and is a registered national landmark. Cobo was an awesome venue that hosted many noteworthy shows including live records for Kiss, Seger, and Kid Rock. We’re Detroit Rock City for a reason… not to mention sports stadiums that are used for shows including Joe Louis, Ford Field, and Comerica Park.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 15, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Good post, but it’s not the Fillmore, it’s The State damn it! It’s cool though. I also refuse to refer to Pine Knob as the DTE Energy Center. There’s nothing shady about Harpo’s or St. Andrews either, both venues are killer. Clutch Cargo’s and Phoenix Plaza in Pontiac are good too.

• Yeah I was strictly speaking within city limits – there’s the Magic Stick and that new loft thing that Spineshank played in a few months back, too. Then there’s also The Magic Bag in Ferndale, The Emerald Ballroom in Mt. Clemens, and the Crofoot in Pontiac as well. You could even add Compuware Arena in Plymouth for a mini-stadium vibe, in addition to The Palace. The Royal Oak Music Theatre is nice but set-up strangely with its tiered levels…..

Come to think of it, I’m surprised MM doesn’t do a show at Compuware the day after RotR.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 15, 2012 at 5:14 am

What’s dumb about defending your neck of the woods when an ignorant fuck runs his mouth? There’s only one ten year old in this thread as far as I can tell.

• i assume you’re referring to me. i lived 15 minutes from Detroit from ages 22-26, i feel that’s enough time to form a solid opinion. For the record, I actually liked Grand Rapids.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 15, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I thought you just had family in Warren? Now all of a sudden you lived there for 4 years, huh? That seems like something you would have brought up in the first place. Next post you’ll claim you’ve lived there your entire life. You’re full of shit Wurst.

• never said it was my entire life, just 4 years. i moved almost ten years ago but i go see family, you asswipe, so that’s a little more relevant and recent.

• My Farts Linger     February 15, 2012 at 4:54 pm

There is no need for a comma in front of the word “time.”

When stating that something is “dumb,” it is usually good idea that you make sure that you aren’t currently doing anything to make yourself look “dumb” in the process.

Are you able to comprehend what I have just said to you?

• @my farts… because im typing on the interwebs, to get an a on a college paper… >.> thank you.

wtf is w all the pos trolls around here? how old are you all?

• My Farts Linger     February 17, 2012 at 7:08 am

So you intentionally misplaced the comma? I am just saying that it takes the same amount of energy to properly place a comma as it does to intentionally misplace a comma. So, which is it? You really are dumb or you really enjoy contradicting yourself?

1. Pingback:    Marilyn Manson Announces U.S. Spring Tour | Metal Insider

2. Pingback:    LOCK UP YOUR SOCIALLY AWKWARD ADOLESCENTS: MARILYN MANSON IS BACK | MetalSucks

• MyDarkPassenger     February 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I’m looking forward to hearing the new album, his last was a good direction after the very weak “eat me, drink me”. I saw Manson for the first time on Mayhem after a long time calling myself a fan, though, and was wholly unimpressed. I think the drugs and booze have just taken MM to a place he won’t ever find his way out of. Great for the music, not so great for the live rendition.

Not that I even have the chance to decline going since he’s opted to ignore the great state of California this time around.

• Thank you for posting a comment RELATED to the actual topic. Anyway, I have seen Manson live four times now. He puts on AMAZING shows when you see him in small settings/venues. When he performs at festivals (like the Mayhem tour, Ozzfest, and the likes) his shows aren’t as good. I am going to try to catch his show in RI, which will be at a smaller venue. I recommend trying to see him again in a different setting when he is the headliner. Just my opinion. Rock on.

• The High End of Low took pretty uncalled for beatings. I thought it was pretty cool. Wasn’t a big fan of Eat Me, Drink Me, but there were a couple of cool songs on there. I’m looking forward to hearing the new shit, and if he headlines (not a festival show) anywhere within two hours of me, I’ll see that shit. The last time I saw him was when he was touring Holywood, and that show was fucking incredible.