Emmure Perform Live Set Of Rage Against The Machine Covers, Footage Available

Emmure performed a set of Rage Against The Machine covers at the Hoodwink Festival In New Jersey yesterday, April 30th. Initial fan-filmed footage from the performance has surfaced online and can be found below:

Bulls On Parade“:

Killing In The Name Of“:

COMMENTS

• IAmSancho     May 1, 2010 at 8:31 am

I signed up just so I could post this. If anyone had any respect for Emmure, I hope to god that it no longer exists. Not because they covered RATM, but they did so for an entire set. And they did it horroribley might I add.

PS. HAHAHAHAHAHA

• i am not a fan of this band, but proops for trying this and giving proops to a band much “mighty-er” than they could ever hope to become.
      does sound like garbage though

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     May 1, 2010 at 2:05 pm

maybe limp bizkit will do a set of all led zepplin covers now just in time for the mayan calendar to strike doom… we’re all fucked!

• Weird_White_Dude     May 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Look at all those sweet bro’s on the side and in the back being stage potatoes and tryin’ to be seen / scene. What a bunch of dipshits. Not a woman in SIGHT! They’re all gonna go listen to Bury Your Dead and pound each others asses after the set. Mosh on, DAWG!

• peanutbuttercrunch     May 1, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Tom this is not undeniable proof…thats an ignorant thing to say. One, not all deathcore is like this untalented waste of a band, and two, a majority of nu-metal is better than this garbage.

• holy cow. i can’t believe how bad this band is. buttcrackguy hit it right on the head…this singer has horrible stage presence…good lord man. i dont know how this dude doesn’t feel ashamed of himself after a set like this.

• BranchDavidianStyle     May 2, 2010 at 8:51 am

Nice Durst-esque Yankees hat, bro. Way to represent, dawg.

If it isn’t undeniable proof that deathcore is the new nu-metal, then it’s definitely undeniable proof of why they don’t allow glass beverage containers at shows like these. I be throwin’ that shit and knockin’ a bitch out, yo.

• ….lol.. from what I’ve seen in the past of people using the term deathcore for bands.. this band doesn’t fit that catagory. You can say it’s shitty, you can say that all “deathcore” is shitty, but I just want to make one thing clear:

these dudes aren’t “deathcore” they’re more “hardcore”

there’s hardly in death in it at all.

do your research.

• Emmure make me piss and shit my pants, and projectile vomit with fear all at once. Can you even classify a band that can create that kind of reaction in a human being? Exactly.
      @will – finally! ;)

• James Deceit     May 3, 2010 at 12:43 am

I gotta say Emmure is better than a lot of shit that’s out there right now as far as new metal and hardcore bands they have their own distinct sound. Although they did take the Limp Bizkit route by feeling inspired by Rage Against The Machine. Why I have no idea. They might have just wanted to impress the trendy and gay Bamboozle audience. If you look at the lineup for that day there’s a good chance Emmure is the heaviest band on there so they probably didn’t want to feel out of place and wanted to play something that people might know.

• peanutbuttercrunch     May 3, 2010 at 5:17 am

“I gotta say Emmure is better than a lot of shit that’s out there right now,” then you have obviously been hearing nothing but absolute crap as of late…a suggestion…don’t listen to the radio. Emmure is not better than anything…they in fact belong in that group referred to as “absolute crap.” I remember seeing their cd at wal-mart, the label saying “the heaviest band out today,” that should have been my first clue…there is no such thing. This band is the equivalent of what it would sound like if Fred Durst had tried to start a deathcore, or hardcore (does it really matter?) band…good grief.

• James Deceit     May 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I haven’t listened to a fucking radio since 1999. If I want to listen to music I just buy Cd’s but there really is nothing but shit coming out these days it’s same shit different band and that can be said about any genre. But if it has a distinct sound and you like it and it stands out from all the others then your gonna listen to it. And there are tons of heavy bands out today the majority just don’t push the envelope enough to get the listeners attention.