Brad Wilk On Rage Against The Machine: ” I Sort Of Had To Put It In My Head That That Band Is Over…”

Drummer Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine, etc. fame isn’t holding his breath for the band to ever get back together. He recently told The Pulse Of Radio:

“Well, as far as I know, we played our last show in 2011 at the Coliseum, and if that was our last show, that’s a good way to go out. I sort of had to put it in my head that that band is over in order for me to just move on with my life, to be honest with you, so that’s kind of where that lies. The Coliseum — awesome way to go out.”

COMMENTS

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     April 30, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Meh, from my point of view they never really came back from the original break-up in the first place. Getting the band back together for a handful of shows spread out over the better part of a decade does not constitute a reunion. This goes for you too, Glassjaw and Faith No More.

If you can’t get your asses in the studio and book a proper tour, just don’t bother. Take a page from bands like Failure and even Soundgarden. Do it right or don’t do it at all.

• Ummm if I may interject a word or two. I, like the rest of the world was really looking forward to the new Soundgarden album. Then when I heard it, I just thought, “well it’s not crap but…….”
        I just didn’t connect with it. Maybe the expectations were too high. I don’t know.

Sometimes things should just be put to rest. I have no problem with let’s say, Refused and FNM just touring every now and then even if the never play a new note. They deserve that paycheck I believe. But if the inspiration and passion isn’t there for a new record, I’d rather not hear it.

• Aggroculture     April 30, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I couldn’t get into King Animal either. But Helmet have made some great records since their “reunion,” and I like the new Prong. I think there could be some good stuff on a new FNM or RATM record. I’d rather the band give it a shot: just touring makes you a nostalgia act.

• Yeah thanks man KFAD was my anthem album when I was a wee little scrub. Star AD was like my wake up song for school.

• jampola     May 1, 2014 at 8:29 am

I used to wake up and fall asleep to Take this Bottle. Actually, I used to just keep it on repeat!

• “Take This Bottle” is the song you normally hear as you’re passing the fuck out. Great tune though.

• Jenkem Dealer     May 2, 2014 at 9:42 am

It’s a shame you feel that way about King Animal. I think it’s an amazing album. Soundgarden sound like they never broke up to me. Listen to the guitar and bass on “Non-State Actor”… it’s so good dude

• Background Noise     April 30, 2014 at 5:06 pm

With all of the political fiasco going on today with the NSA and foreign conflict it’s pretty damn ironic that they’re not back together…..

• Background Noise     May 1, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Just think of all the songs they could’ve made about everything from Bin Laden’s raid to the Benghazi attack to all of the civilian casualties from drone strikes and of course the Bundy vs. BLM standoff….I count about 3 albums haha

• We should be sitting on three more kick ass Rage albums, instead we’re left with a 5-song EP from Zack (One Day As A Lion). That’s bullshit.

• ocillotist     May 4, 2014 at 2:35 am

there are many, many reasons to not continue on as a band… the reasons to continue would have to out-weigh that… one being the creativity has been tapped out and if one has more to get out, then doing it with the final say is just a healthier way…