As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis To Face Arraignment On Thursday For Murder-For-Hire Plot

As I Lay Dying etc. frontman Tim Lambesis will have his first day in court tomorrow, Thursday, May 09th. According to information provided by sdsheriff.net, he will be arraigned at the North Division Court in Vista, CA at 1:30pm PDT on charges of solicitation to commit murder and conspiracy to commit a crime.

If eventually found guilty, the Solicitation of Another to Commit Murder charge alone is punishable by imprisonment in a state prison for 3-9 years in California. According to the record provided, Lambesis is not currently eligible for bail.

Lambesis was arrested without incident yesterday (May 07th) on the aforementioned charges in relation to an alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting his estranged ex-wife Meggan—with whom he has three adopted children. She is said to have filed for divorce from him this past September.

Lambesis was picked up yesterday after allegedly attempting to solicit an undercover detective to murder Meggan. Further details on the investigation, which the police began this past Thursday, are being withheld due to the ongoing case/investigation.

Lambesis is currently being held at Vista Detention Facility in Vista, CA.

COMMENTS

• Lifeseclipse     May 8, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I was going to say something to that effect, but I really want to hear Triple Brutal.

If it bleeds(once a month),we can kill it.

• This is crazy town! I can understand the whirlwind of emotions when going through a divorce. Maybe his wife was claiming a giant stake of his assets? Either way, it doesn’t make it right. He seemed like such a great individual…

1. Pingback:    As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis Arrested for Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot to Kill Estranged Wife

2. Pingback:    As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis Arrested for Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot to Kill Estranged Wife | PLANET 105.1

3. Pingback:    As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis Arrested for Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot to Kill Estranged Wife | THE Q ROCKS

4. Pingback:    MetalSucks | Lambesis Update: Sherriff’s Department Comments on Arrest, Arraignment Set, and Members of the Metal Community React

• phil supposedly made a facebook post, but its been deleted

“Hey everyone, we’ll be making a public statement as a band shortly once we recieve more information on the current incident. Thank you all so much for your continued support as we go through this difficult situation.”

• I can’t imagine what the band is thinking throughout this. Or his wife, who might not have known anything until the last few days.

5. Pingback:    AS I LAY DYING Frontman Tim Lambesis' Arraignment Set, Sheriff's Dept. Comments On Arrest - Metal Injection | Shocking Revelations | Metal Injection

6. Pingback:    Tim Lambesis To Be Arraigned On Thursday | Metal Insider

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     May 8, 2013 at 9:03 am

Just want to throw in my 2 cents, and this is coming from a law enforcement educated, 6 year correctional officer. And this opinion is based on my experience and the info you get from the sheriff’s website. Tim is being charged with 2 felonies, each of which is bad enough that I don’t think any lawyer is going to get him bail. Even for a first time offender, who could argue he’d stay at home on electronic monitoring, you have a massive task getting a judge to not rule you a flight risk or threat to others or yourself. In Minnesota, the courts would most likely agree to drop one of the charges in exchange for a plea deal for the other to avoid a lengthy trial. Or because MN is a joke, he could just point out the locations of 6 meth houses to the drug task force and walk free at 3 pm tomorrow. In MN, you could get caught molesting your own children with your psycho boyfriend, but testify that you were under duress and get your 1st degree crim sex charges dropped to child endangerment. (literally happened in my county 2 years ago).

Unfortunately, this is California, and you so much as get caught driving while black on a Tuesday and you’re fucked. Look at the sheer number of bookings this jail has had this year, (13) the year, followed by the number of people booked since January 1st (731393). They love to lock people up in Cali. It also doesn’t help his case with it being a domestic relationship and a the alleged victim is a female. That right there tells me that he will most likely be forced to serve 2 consecutive sentences of maximum length. So somewhere between 12-18 years I’m guessing… Now before I get shit on for speculating with my “expertise”, keep in mind that someone doesn’t get popped for a crime like this unless the cops have major evidence (i.e. video or audio recordings of the conversation that lead to the conspiracy count, which then parlays into the additional soliciting charge). OR his ex is currently dicking the D.A., a judge, and the chief of police but she has 3 kids to take care of and I imagine a severe lack of energy and free time…

• adamonfire     May 8, 2013 at 9:59 am

I think that’s in your head for the most part, these guys were never For Today or The Devil Wears Prada or August Burns Red when it comes to being annoying preachy. Ironic? Yes. But I also don’t think Tim is a believer from what I’ve seen.

• TattooPanda     May 8, 2013 at 10:00 am

Lol, dude, seriously? As a Christian…where the fuck have you been for the past, oh, I dunno…20 years? I’m 32, a metal head AND a Christian…I don’t dare tell people I mix those two though. Heaven forbid people in the metal world be allowed to think and feel for themselves. No. You must worship Satan and Slayer (which is a shit band, QQ.)

• Slayer is a shit metal band? Slayer is to metal what John the Baptist is to your religion. You can just fuck right off.

• The Shark™     May 8, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You do realize that all you’re doing is confirming what Christians have been preaching about for years, right? That if you even so much as mention (and holy fuck, let alone listen to) a band like Slayer, that you have an affiliation with Satan. Moreover, it appears that the opinions of others here don’t sit well with you.

How’s thinking for yourself working out for you, junior?

• MyDarkPassenger     May 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

You indignant young fuck. There is no heavy metal without Slayer. Add this guy to the list of users who officially have no worth contributing comments here.

• I’m just saying that it gives all non believers another reason to jump on the anti-christianity bandwagon. I myself am a christian who loves everything metal, including Slayer. Obviously, metal in general is anti establishment, but it is refreshing to hear bands with conviction when faced with such opposition. Perhaps AILD used christianity as a marketing tool, or maybe Tim is a true believer who bought into his own hype. Regardless, there will be plenty of metal fans and people who disregard christianity, and to a greater extent christian metal, because of the actions of one seriously flawed being.

Now, excuse me while I go burn my copy of ABR’s Christmas album.

• adamonfire     May 8, 2013 at 10:56 am

Yeah, because a band such as Mayhem already existed, right? We’ve been over this in a number of threads where most people don’t give a shit what the beliefs of a band is if the music is solid. Oh, Sleeper is a Christian band that tells a story about god vs. the devil and it is way more better than the horns for jesus garbage For Today does – and it helps that the vocals and instrumentation are better. Emery, Thrice, AILD, Underoath, Norma Jean, Demon Hunter, etc. At the same time, I think a number of other faith-based bands suck D, and most of them happen to be pretty preachy but I don’t believe there is a direct correlation between the two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbGbB9Ivzmg

• BlueBalls     May 8, 2013 at 10:57 am

Nah. I’ll continue to disregard all Abrahamic religions based on the historical and scientific inaccuracies of their teachings while taking into consideration all of the pain and misery they have brought to the Earth over the last couple thousands of years. The story of Lambesis will be nothing more than a footnote in the long and despicable history of his religion.

But lets not act like the Christian stigma attached to divorce didn’t contribute to his decision to off his wife…allegedly.

• Lifeseclipse     May 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I’ve been calling Xmas, “Yule” for the last 7 years. I’m getting nowhere.

• MyDarkPassenger     May 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm

The Christian argument is barely worth the breath required. Christian or atheist, a well adjusted human being knows taking another life is empirically wrong. Adding religion to the mix just gives people an eye in the sky to keep them in line. Personally, I trust my own judgment in such areas.

7. Pingback:    AS I LAY DYING Frontman Tim Lambesis' Arraignment Set, Sheriff's Dept. Comments On Arrest - Metal Injection | Tim Lambesis Trial | Metal Injection