Chris Spicuzza Leaves Chimaira

Keyboardist/programmer Chris Spicuzza has officially announced his departure from Chimaira. In the following statement issued to Theprp.com, Spicuzza outlined the reasons for his exit from the group:

“As of early January I decided to leave Chimaira. The choice was extremely tough and stewed around in my mind for quite awhile. Many things led to this decision. The situation in Chimaira had ultimately become a negative environment that I had to get out of. Secondly, the music industry is completely fucked and honestly, I became concerned for my future. The amount of work and stress I took on got the best of me. I guess if you’re not happy or having fun, what’s the point?

As far as the new Chimaira album, I have not contributed to it. There is no doubt in my mind that Chimaira’s sound will not suffer minus my presence. The demos I heard showed great potential and I’m sure the album will melt faces. I’m proud to say I was on five Chimaira albums and wish those guys the best.

I’ve decided to shift gears from music to gaming. A group of friends and I started up a mobile gaming company. We’re about to launch our first iPhone game. It’s a location based RPG. Think of it as foursquare meets Mafia Wars but full of zombies. If you’re interested you can follow us on twitter, @irlgaming, or visit www.irlgaming.com.

I will always cherish the amazing worldwide journey Chimaira gave me. I took many things for granted that I now regret. Watching our last DVD helped me realize how fucking amazing our fans are. Thank you for being so passionate. I have a lifetime of memories thanks to you.

The dude who made noise and headbanged, Spicuzza.”

COMMENTS

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     April 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm

chris you were more than just a dude who made noise and headbanged, just look at the “nothing remains” video. @obi-juan, who is morgoth?

• satansbakesale6     April 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm

i saw them play in Modesto ca and their was less than 60 people their. and after the show i stood around the bus to meet the band and i got to met the bass player and singer but it was a shake of the hand and thank you. but then i got to meet the keyboardist Chris and we got to sit and have a conversation about music, about the band, and was just a great time. he is a really cool guy and i wish him the best in the future.

1. Pingback:    Keyboardist/Programmer Leaves Chimaira | Metal Insider

• adamonfire     April 5, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I saw them open-up for Killswitch a few years ago, least amount of stage presence ever. It was like watching mannequins play instruments.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     April 5, 2011 at 3:04 pm

@obi-juan. That shit is hilarious, thanks for the heads up. I love these guys but i dont usually take the time to watch many bands dvds… perhaps ill pick this up.

• Bitter Old Man     April 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Noooooo!!!!!!! I think Chris definitely made a big impact on the band and helped develop their sound and kept them sounding a bit more unique than everyone else. Wish him best of luck though for sure. Wonder if they’re going to bother replacing him since they haven’t even announced a replacement for Jim yet.

2. Pingback:    CHRIS SPICUZZA QUITS CHIMAIRA | MetalSucks

• Bitter Old Man     April 6, 2011 at 9:03 am

Yeah although I’m excited about Matt and Rob jamming with Chris Barnes, I’m starting to be concerned about the future of Chimaira. Figured they would have at least announced a new bassist by now.

• Seems like Chimaira might be sorta done for. Maybe not officially, but it could turn out to be something lame where like the lead singer and the drummer are the only members left, and the whole sound changes because they get the entire say in the musical direction, with no one to counter their poor ideas (because all musicians have poor ideas and great ideas, the band members are supposed to filter the crap out). We’ll see how it goes, their last record fucking ruled.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     April 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

@mjclementz, yeah i thought that too, i just didnt want to say it out loud for fear of it coming true. Ive been into these guys since ‘pass out of existance’, and theyre still rule. It would suck moose balls if they were cut down in their prime.

3. Pingback:    Not A Good Day For Metal Keyboardists | Breakups | Metal Injection

4. Pingback:    Chimaira lose another member « DC Metal Review

5. Pingback:    Half of CHIMAIRA No Longer In CHIMAIRA | Breakups | Metal Injection

• Sucks to hear this…he definitely added some really cool sounds to the band, for sure. As much as it would be awesome to have him on the new album, according to Mark, they’re still maintaining the sounds he brought to the Chimaira table…which is great to hear.