Emmure Debut “Solar Flare Homicide” Music Video

Emmure‘s new music video for their track “Solar Flare Homicide” has debuted online below. The song itself is the first single from the groups impending new album “Speaker Of The Dead“, which will see a February 15th release date through Victory.

COMMENTS

• Emmure could stand to learn dynamics. Every song of theirs Ive ever heard, is the same tempo, and same chugha chugha part all the way through. I dont understand the appeal of this band, or the 1,000 or so that sound exactly like them. Emmure makes me feel like I have grown too old for music, but then bands like Reign Supreme and Trap Them come along and restore my faith…………

• The fact that Joey Strugis is producing their material now is a testament to how badly they want to fit in with the current “scene” and sell records. They tour with Attack! Attack! and now they want to sound like them, but the “tough guy” equivalent.

• this sounds nothing at all like Attack Attack. This sounds exactly like everything Emmure has always made, slapping Joey Sturgis’s name on the CD won’t make anyone who wasn’t going to buy this CD, purchase it. i’ll be buying this and enjoying every ridiculous lyric and tough guy breakdown. people complain about a band if they stay the same or change their sound. when there is music I don’t like, I don’t listen to it, bashing it won’t change anything.

• ballsofmetal     February 9, 2011 at 12:32 pm

This is the gayest fucking shit ever. wtf is it with the frontman of this fake outfit and Dr. Acula. One looks like a thug-life wannabe pussy and the other looks like harry potter. And yeah, their killing it alright, their killing the scene with all this poser/generic shit.

• jpmonster90     February 9, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Agreed; real musicians like say…….faceless or meshuggah try “not to sound” like every other band. Posers try to “catch the wave” of what’s “cool” and do anything they have to do to “fit in” including bringing in a whole horde of other posers with them. Looks to me like rap fell out of style in their hometown and this is what all the “cool kids” are pretending to be into.

• Kent Brockman     February 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Amen to that disfigured. Also calling them ‘fake’ is kind of redundant. I guess they would be more ‘real’ if they grew out their hair, wore studded leather outfits, and painted their faces with inverted crosses.

• Check out the metalhead in the white t-shirt head banging away with his wonderful shaggy mane of hair @ 3:53. How did he get past the flat-brim security check point!?

• RxInfection     February 9, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I gotta admit, Emmure has been a guilty pleasure of mine since Respect Issue, and I agree with Disfigured and Kent Brockman, anyone listening to this at this point and expecting it to be any different from their previous releases are setting themselves up for disappointment. It’s the same old Emmure, seven continuous breakdowns, shitty ridiculous lyrics, heavily drop tuned guitars. But when I’m in my truck and I want something that fucking slams, I throw this shit in. It was the same 10 years ago with Limp Bizkit, nobody took their bullshit seriously but it still makes for good entertainment. I’m looking forward to smoking a joint and cruising down the streets in my little town with my friends laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of the new Emmure CD. And I’ll take this ridiculous bullshit over that Dr. Acula garbage any day. Or any straight haired fag metal band all these douchebag kids nowadays think are metal.

• Disfigured     February 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

@kent brockman haha! fantastic point.

@rxInfection yeah emmure is a fun band to listen to especially while driving. I thought dr. acula was going to mix it up a little bit on this cd but i wasn’t fond of their new songs. they’ve come a long way since their first release (not saying they are brilliant or anything new now) but it’s still not anything i’m that crazy about. I do enjoy a Bill Murray reference every now and then though.

@Theapedosmil i met frankie and he was very nice and a real cool guy but I know he has that bad reputation. i’m looking forward to picking this cd up

• MidnightMachete     February 9, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I think this is an older dudes versus younger dudes argument. No will will see eye to eye. Personally, I think this shit is ridiculous, but not in a good way. It’s bland. There are no dynamics. I mean, shit, you don’t have to best the best musicians in the world, but at least throw in a little surprise. A little change-up. Something. This is just fucking boring. Seems like the dudes are just trying to be hard, but failing miserably.

• Kent, your gay dude…seriously you’re the only homo here that’s redundant. Too many fags on this forum. Emmure is for 15yr old boys with penis envy for the likes of them, Attack Attack, BMTH, Dr.Acula, etc. That’s fact. This band is gay, all you fags get over it, you thought you were trendy and hip and all but you aint. suck a dick, swallow glass, walk into a knife. Be gay forever, but at least know you are.

• Kent Brockman     February 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I’ll listen to whatever I want, as will you. When people start mistaking their subjective opinions for objective facts, you drive your 2008 Dodge Durango right into ‘calling-people-gay’ country, (population zomgpapi). The people here are angry, dumb, and loud, though they don’t really know why. Kind of like the Twilight Zone.

• “Gaaaarhh! I’m 17 and I like REAL hardcore, like The Ghost Inside and Oceano! I wont admit to anyone that hardcores full of trends, but I just think its cool to show how angry I get over music that I used to listen to 3 years ago! I need to show how tough I am by angrily voicing my disapproval!”

The side of listening to ridiculous and heavy shit loud in the car while stoned has my vote. I liked it when I was 15, I’ll enjoy the trip down memory lane with their new CD at 20. Get over caring about what other people think is cool and just listen to the music for what it is, not what everyone tells you it is. Im gunna go download this thing right now.

Good ups on the RN shout-outs by the way, I don’t dig the demo they put up a while back though.

• Relentless_Beating     February 11, 2011 at 11:01 am

I love hardcore to no end, and as much as I love RN, I can’t even really say they are REAL hardcore. Real hardcore doesn’t have breakdowns. Real hardcore is Blacklisted/Minor Threat/Terror/Raised Fist and stuff along those lines. But I will say, if you want to listen to the bands that did the hardcore mixed with breakdowns the RIGHT way, then you fucking listen to RN.

• I go with the older being wiser (knowing what is real and what is marketed to lil’ ones) and the younger consuming without knowledge of self or hardcore and all things hardcore influenced. that sad, we all have guilty pleasures. but this is not one of mine. FUCK THIS BAND.
      @ Element, funny shit bro

• I agree with the Minor Threat, I would say that the avgerage hardcore fan is going to think of hardcore as the breakdown tough guy nonsense. I grew up listening to Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, etc. so to me that is real hardcore but unfortunately we don’t like in that time anymore.
      I think the new RN is supposed to be out this summer.

• Relentless_Beating     February 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm

@American. I agree, the word “Hardcore” is lost on most people these days. I get so mad when I hear kids say things like “man, Emmure is such a sick hardcore band”. No, they aren’t. I also grew up on the old school hardcore stuff, Black Flag and such. Agnostic front being my favorite old school hardcore band ever. I do like that there is actually a lot bands these days have actually managed to keep the old hardcore feel alive, while adding a modern feel to it, just these kinda kids are to stupid to understand it. Did you most kids these days dont know who REFUSED is? That blows my mind. Their last album is still years beyond modern hardcore.

• I remember buying The Shape Of Punk To Come on vinyl and listenong to it like 10 timea in a row and just having my mind blown. Refused, Black Flag, American Nightmare, and Converge are my hardcore bands. Those are the bands that just floored me when I discovered them.

• @zomgpapi You’re so gay, that you’re gayer than a faggot gay dude with gay aids, you fag.

Alright, I feel like I’m now down to your level. Except now I cant read or comprehend past a 6th grade level. Damnit, this blows gay dick :(

• Relentless_Beating     February 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm

@American. Anything Wesley Eisold touches turns to fucking gold. Some girls was amazing. I almost own all his music. And then Converges Jane Does changed my life in music.

@Vautour. If there’s a comment box, I’ll say whatever the fuck I want. Enjoy your shitty Emmure album, Child.

• Russ2theCORE     February 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Can we just agree that no matter how flat your brim is, this band will never be considered anything remotely close to hardcore? Hell, how about we just all agree these guys should just invest in a shotgun with a toe attachment and pull a Kurt Cobain? I also didn’t know the winter hats with the ear flaps are apparently now cool to wear in the d00dz-flatbrimcore scene. Shout outs to @American_Natemare and @Relentless_Beating for knowing their shit and having taste.

• Russ2theCORE     February 11, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Also has anyone else noticed that regardless of the fact that it’s 125 or -24 degrees, Frankie “Fuck Stick” Palmeri is always sweating profusely? Maybe he should shed the flat brim and let some of that body heat out. Also surprised they managed some nifty movie magic to turn the 7 and a half kids who showed up for this into a whole crowd!

• How about Give Up the Ghost, I kind of did a little reverse in the sense I got into them before American Nightmare, how many people here know buddy only has one arm, probably no one since they have no music videos. I also remember that time, when a band released an album and didn’t have enough money to make a video, people still loved them, can you believe it! Emmure is a band that tries to jump on a bandwagon that thankfully seems to be slowing down, the whole over produced five vocal layer garbage that comes out of so many bands on Rise/Victory/Sumerian these days. I think it’s an age thing, I don’t think there are any Emmure fans over, maybe lets say 23? Poison the Well – Opposite of December album of the universe!

• I actually like We’re Down Till We’re Underground the best. And I’m not sure his condition but Wes has an arm, it’s his hand that’s fucked up. And he’s a genius. And they actually have 2 music videos. They’re live footage videos overdubbed with the song.

• Yeah that was the only album I actually bought, I remember seeing them play in a hall in Cambridge in the UK and them videotaping something to splice with live footage they already had to make a video, it was a pretty amazing show.

• Relentless_Beating     February 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Since Give up the Ghost/American Nightmare are the same band, I never really get thrown off when anybody says either. They had to do the name change due to league bs. Both amazing. I also heard AN first, and then found out about GUTG being the earlier stuff.

• yeah they are the same band. first American Nightmare, I thought GUTG came 2nd, ie the switch after said legal issues. sorry, been easy dropping on your “BFF” conversation. ;)

• ps. I have been trying to put my finger on what I hate about “deathcore” recordings for sometime now. it always sounded like they turned it to 11 in a bad way. the 17,000 vocal layers explains a lot.

• I was lucky enough to see AN twice (once as American Nightmare and once as American Nothing during the name change bullshit) and they were unbelievably amazing and violent live. The only time I’ve ever been hurt at a show was seeing them open for Glassjaw. Busted my eyebrow open and bled all over the place while watching GJ.
      And since there seems to be some confusion, it was Nightmare first, then Nothing, then GUTG.

• Ha yeah same band, copy write infringement or something I remember. @Will absolutely man, so many bands these days play over back tracking as well, so they basically play their own album over their live show, it’s a complete farce. You don’t have to be looking for it to hear it. I almost broke my nose and chipped at my tooth at the first Misery Signals tour at the Underworld in Camden, tried to stage drive drunk and just faceplanted the floor, bled everywhere it was wild.

• While we’re all swapping stories, I’d like to bring up the time I went to see Mis Sigs, and got my upper jaw broken. One of my teeth was pointed inwards and I was a bloody mess. Needless to say, while sitting outside the venue after the show, bloody face, fucked up mouth and all, I asked Every attractive girl to makeout with me, I got like 3 or 4 numbers outta the deal haha. I’m pretty sure I saw one of the girls on isanyoneup a few days ago too…

• Russ2theCORE     February 13, 2011 at 9:42 am

@AMeN I’m adding you to the list of people who must know their shit besides @American_Natemare and @Relentless_Beating. I can fully get behind GUTG/AN. I can get behind @TCxHC’s mention of Misery Signals, but their albums were always kind of hit and miss for me.

• veganbassist     February 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

All the AN/GUTG reminiscence warms my heart. Such a good fucking band.

And it’s nice to know that there are people that still understand that Refused, Converge, Ag. Front, PTW, Bad Brains etc are the real deal.

Emmure is commercial. They do what they do because it sells, and they make money doing it. And it’s proof that you don’t need to have any relevant or real integrity to your band, so long as you can be marketed to the kids with rich parents.

• I Am Legend     February 14, 2011 at 9:08 am

if the singer would drop the stupid wigger rap/spoken vocal bullshit, i’d listen to this band. i think they’re musically “okay”, and i like his screamed vocals, but that spoken word shit ruins it for me.