Miss May I Officially Address The Alleged Stage Diving-Related Death Of Their Fan At NYC Show

Miss May I have officially addressed the passing of their 21 year old fan Alberto Scott during their performance at the Webster Hall in New York City, NY this past Saturday, May 03rd. Unconfirmed fan reports have suggested that Scott injured his head in an ill-fated stage dive.

The venue have stated that he collapsed after exiting the show, succumbing to his apparent injuries. Here’s what the group had to say today about the matter:

“As many of you will have heard, Alberto Scott, a Miss May I fan in attendance at our Webster Hall show on Saturday night tragically died. We were deeply shocked and saddened to hear this news. We are awaiting a full report from the New York Police Department. In the meantime, we’d ask that all your thoughts and prayers be with his family. We have been made aware of a webpage that is raising funds to help pay for his funeral costs. We will be making a contribution and we’d strongly urge others to do so- http://www.gofundme.com/8vjoq.”

COMMENTS

• wyldweasil     May 5, 2014 at 3:03 pm

so you’re saying it’s not a douche move at all to move out of the way?

• The Mad Magician     May 5, 2014 at 3:23 pm

So you’re saying it’s not a douche move to jump on top of strangers?
          Just because someone is close to the stage doesn’t mean they want to be jumped and kicked by the same mouthbreather over and over again.

• adamonfire     May 5, 2014 at 3:29 pm

It’s the kid’s fault for jumping, but also a concert norm that these activities take place at such a show. As I taught the kids when I was a swim instructor, look before you leap.

• The Mad Magician     May 5, 2014 at 3:35 pm

It will not be a concert norm of any kind in the very near future. Most venues of any kind of reputation have banned it already.

• KillingTime     May 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm

There’s a little lesson about ‘expectations’ in all of this.

Some of them are unrealistically maintained.

‘They will catch me’, for example.
        Simply didn’t hold up.

• Porpoise Orifice     May 5, 2014 at 1:08 pm

How fucking shitty to die at a godamn Miss May I concert. I’d rather die at a Rocky Horror Picture show night in drag than there.

• Porpoise Orifice     May 5, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Those guys were lots of fun live. Hmm, personally I’d probably choose Tower of Power.
          HEADLINE: Fan stage dives onto dance floor during song “What Is Hip?” Everyone kept dancing and didn’t notice dead fan for three more songs.

• adamonfire     May 5, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Probably because two of your friends would be walking around with you Weekend At Bernie’s style.

• bad_taco     May 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I don’t know what’s worse: The fact he died because no one wanted to catch him when he stage dove, or the fact that the last thing he heard before he passed was a Miss May I song.

• I feel bad for the guy but just because someone died does not mean there is someone to blame. It can be a fine line, trying to push the limits of fun and not get hurt or die. I know, I had my share of close calls.