Pyrexia Frontman & More Hoping To Crowdfund $175,000 ‘Texas Metal Festival’

Pyrexia frontman Erick Shute and festival producer Hal Davidson have joined forces to form a production company named Rock Fiesta, Inc.. With the venture they hope to crowdfund $175,000 USD for a music festival in Austin, TX named the ‘Texas Metal Festival‘.

To that end they have launched this Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for the festival, which if successful, would be held on April 11th-12th, 2015 at a farm just north of McAllen, TX. More details on the festival are available at texasmetalfestival.com. According to that page, the following acts are under consideration for booking:

Hatebreed
Dark Funeral
Devourment
Satyricon
S7N

COMMENTS

• carlosfranco     May 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

Everyone of these bands at the Metal Festival are all heavy, at least the ones that I know of. Except for some stupid reason Sevendust is there when all the other bands are way more heavy. See, this is my problem with this band. They would somehow always end up being at shows they didn’t fit. Everyone groups them with the “heavy” bands when they are radio rock. Oh wait Lacuna Coil doesn’t really belong either. Personally I think if you took the girl from that band and replaced Lajon with her Sevendust would be much better. Maybe they could work out a swap while they are at the show. Fingers crossed.

• scorpions     May 2, 2014 at 11:51 am

We specifically put sevendust on the bill for you though, you little shit! Show some godamn appreciation every once and awhile, softbatch…

• carlosfranco     May 2, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Fortunately I don’t like any of those bands. So I will not be going.

• The Mad Magician     May 2, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Well, since you aren’t going I guess the lineup will have to be scrapped.
          Shit.

• Cyanidenailbomb     May 3, 2014 at 6:07 am

Any time I see a post from you, it’s bitching about Sevendust.

You need a new band to whine about. Get with the times “Carlos”.

• mYstic headlock     May 2, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I hope you folks aren’t under the assumption that these bands are in any way showing interest in this show at this stage. This is a wish list, nothing more. I wish them luck, though. I thought crowd funding would be a great way to fund a festival a while back.

• adamonfire     May 3, 2014 at 7:29 am

This is obviously going to be a gigantic fail, especially at the rate they’re going. Get with promoters, work with sponsors, grab bands that are in routing already, and don’t pick a city that hosts music festivals every week of the year already.

• IamChristian     May 3, 2014 at 7:59 am

This is a total fucking wish list. Nader Sadek – Yeah fucking right. There about to be in Europe with a totally new line up. Mind you the line up has Travis Ryan singing so we might as well add Cattle D to this wishlist. Cryptopsy didn’t come state side even once after self titled came out so they’re going to come here for 1 show? Yeah ok.
      I’m pretty sure a couple of years ago there was a large metal tour that decided to do only 1 Texas show instead of their usually massive tour…Ozzfest? I bet they made so much money with that one stop that’s why they decided to never have it again.

• mYstic headlock     May 3, 2014 at 11:55 am

I do wish Ozzfest would do one more run to go out on top. Free fest was cool for the price but easily the worst Ozzfest there was. The Dallas one-off was stacked as I recall but that barely counts for anything. At any rate, they did a better job than Mayhem at making a digestible lineup.