American Head Charge Launch Crowdfunding Campaign For New Album

American Head Charge have turned to crowdfunding in attempt to record and release their third full-length album. The band have launched this Indiegogo campaign to raise $46,000 USD for the effort. The band hope to record the effort with producer Dave Fortman (Slipknot, Mudvayne) and offered the following pitch video:

COMMENTS

• If their last EP was reminiscent of their previous material, I would’ve helped out. That said, it was relatively atrocious and I don’t want to help them create and release more of that.

• musicalsnob     March 17, 2014 at 11:36 pm

say what ya will, but head charge where the only nu metal band that Rick Rubin put on his label.

but afterward head charge fucked it up lol, any who thier album war of art was one of the best albums released within that time period, gave a breath of fresh air to music besides, “rollin rollin rollin”

• musicalsnob     March 18, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I soppose I deserve that for over looking soad, even though I have bothered listening to them back in the day… They completely got lost on me back then, when I seen the video for war and he’s frolicking on stage or what ever… I could not get into it, some of it sounded okay to ke but most of it no… I considered them pop metal, head charge was heavier and it seems to for right in with my cd collection along with slayer and danzig all having the upside down insignia

• MyDarkPassenger     March 18, 2014 at 7:22 am

Let’s not all anoint Rick Rubin a god just yet anyways. Have you heard that Lil Jon song where they sample Raining Blood? Dudes definitely made a bad decision or two in his day.

• musicalsnob     March 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Rick Rubin is a bit of an icon in music, he’s been there in alot of the trends throughout music. He produced slayer, and danzig whose popularity was solely based on winning over peoples and word of mouth true underground with no radio airplay….

the common person was listening to metallica, because they played it on radio, where as slayer and danzig were jus rumours getting exposure through mix tapes in my area at the time.

Rick Rubin has good track record in my opinion and that’s what it all is opinions…

in case you didn’t know, Trent reznor while writing the fragile had gone to Rick Rubin for guidance and advice, Rubin may have not produced it but he did somewhat have a hand in the creation process

• I will gladly help on this. War of art was awesome…Feeding has some good songs…and the latest ep had Writhe, Sand, and Set yourself on Fire..only 3 songs that were good on it. Writhe is a different and well written song. Sand has got some awesome screaming on it. Saw them live recently as well….had a blast.

• MyDarkPassenger     March 18, 2014 at 8:47 am

If I was in a band, besides getting balls deep in a ton of groupies, I would try to make some more creative perks. Its always get the album, get a poster, pay $500 for the privilege of buying us dinner, get a half-assed guitar lesson at 10x the going rate from an instructor 1/10 as talented, pay us $10,000 to come trash your house (and make sure dinner is ready).

The golden ticket thing would be cool if I ever had the slightest confidence that a band who needs crowd funding would be around 5 years from now.

• kalima666     March 18, 2014 at 10:35 pm

i was thinking about this too… 500 bucks to play with the band… first time i saw them was packed house next time it was probably like 40 people i think because venue and weekday lol… but still i think some of the price points are off.

• IamChristian     March 18, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I can’t believe AHC got this many comments. The only time I listened to them was in the 10th grade my girlfriend liked them a bunch. I saw them open on Pledge Of Allegiance in NJ Halloween night 2001. By the time the tour got to NJ Rammstein( who supposedly had the sickest stage show at the time) and Mudvayne who I was sick into at the time dropped off the tour from illness (Rammstein) and Rehab (Mudvayne bass). So I just saw AHC SOAD and Slipknot. In that order. Also, it was 1 month after 9/11 in the NY NJ area so like half of the people didn’t show up. At the time every large gathering was considered a “Hot Spot” or some shit and people were scared to go to things.