Down Joined By Living Colour & Walking Papers Members, Phil Anselmo Rocks Out To Alice In Chains

Down and their frontman Philip H. Anselmo have been enjoying themselves while, ahem, down under for the ongoing ‘Soundwave Festival‘. The group were recently joined onstage by members of Living Colour and Walking PapersDuff McKagan (ex-Guns N’ Roses) and Barrett Martin (ex-Screaming Trees) for a rendition of “Bury Me In Smoke“. The pairing took place at a recent Melbourne, AUS ‘Sidewave‘ with footage available below.

Meanwhile, Anselmo was later side stage for Alice In Chains‘ headlining set at the same ‘Sidewave‘ set. He was on hand to request the band play “Nutshell” and can be seen rocking out to the subsequent performance in the footage after the break.

Down‘s new EP “Down IV – Part Two” is being readied for a May 13th release date on Down Records/ADA-Music.

COMMENTS

• Just Uproar last year, and I left towards the end to get another Rockstar because they weren’t worth watching.

• MyDarkPassenger     February 28, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Those free Rockstars are dangerous. I’ve seen many a queasy fan strung out on the lawn at Rockstar/Monster sponsored shows.

• And they’re smart enough to do sample sizes, whereas the morons at Monster (albeit my favorite brand by a mile) always have the full-sized cans. I had roughly 4 of them in 2.5 hours one Warped Tour because the lady friend I was with couldn’t finish them and I didn’t want them to go to waste because, you know, it was hot outside. Closest I’ve come to a heart attack but we were able to move up to just about the barrier for alexisonfire with all that energy surging through us.

• Down does that with Bury Me in Smoke all the time, I saw a clip of them doing it in Brazil with DM’s Loaded and they did it here with Child Bite. I’d love to see Living Colour, though.

• NoSalvation     February 28, 2014 at 3:25 pm

God damn straight! I second that motion and I’ll spark a spliff tonight as I bury myself in smoke. Also, when I die, I want to buried in smoke.. don’t put my corpse in the ground.. the cold ass lonely ground trapped in a box.. I’d rather be flying in the wind on the top with a bucket and a mop and a illustrated book about birds.

• biley.ramirez     March 1, 2014 at 10:46 pm

man, i used to do that at my friend’s front yard, on the trampoline when it’s foggy outside. it was nice, way out in the country, blaring type o negative, down, cypress hill. smoke out the world!

• NoSalvation     February 28, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Being a huge Layne fan, I would have requested this song as well. I’m 2 weeks sober from opiates and planning on staying clean this time. Layne just had a way with his songwriting that speaks to the user in me, sometimes condoning, sometimes suffering with me. Anyway, always love to jam this song, sober or not. I feel like adding the lyrics for the fuck of it, maybe some kid out there that hasn’t heard this wonderful piece of art might take a gander, stay for the music, and have their life changed by this powerful song.

We chase misprinted lies
      We face the path of time
      And yet I fight
      And yet I fight
      This battle all alone
      No one to cry to
      No place to call home

My gift of self is raped
      My privacy is raked
      And yet I find
      And yet I find
      Repeating in my head
      If I can’t be my own
      I’d feel better dead

• MyDarkPassenger     February 28, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Good on ya. I’m in recovery myself. Don’t do it alone. That’s my only advice. The rest you have to figure out for yourself, but that’s the fun part.

• MyDarkPassenger     February 28, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I didn’t even read those lyrics about going it alone before I said that. Sorry to say but that could be why Layne is dead and many others are not.

• MyDarkPassenger     February 28, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I’ve more than earned the title of FORMER junkie, thank you very much. I didn’t go to 4 years of former junkie school to be called mister junkie.

• The only needle I’ve ever had in me aside from vaccinations was donating plasma for beer money in college.

#suburbanlife

• MyDarkPassenger     February 28, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Oh you don’t need needles to be an opiate addict. They make em in pill form now. What a country!

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     February 28, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Nutshell is my favorite AIC song and definitely sits in my top 5 songs of all-time. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT seek out the Adema cover. *shudders* I did see Staind (I know, I know) do it justice back in 2003, though.