Rob Zombie Says His Next Film Will Appeal To Fans Of “The Devil’s Rejects”

Rob Zombie has told 3news that his next film will appeal to fans of his 2005 feature, “The Devil’s Rejects“. He’s put his planned hockey feature “Broad Street Bullies” on the backburner for this new project, telling the site:

“I was working on this thing called Broad Street Bullies, which was a hockey film, but that got put on the backburner because something else popped up. In such a weird way, because I’d been working on this hockey film for over two years, it took so much research and work, and I was literally sitting with someone going, ‘You know, I have this other idea…’

And I said the idea and they go, ‘We’ll make that!’ And I put together a one-line pitch, because I didn’t want to go to pitch meetings and do all that. I’d call them on the phone and go, “Here’s my idea, blah blah blah,’ and they’re like, ‘We’re in!’

So you slave over something for years and it’s still difficult, and you say some crazy thing off the top of your head and they’re like ‘Where do we sign?’. And that turned into a weird bidding war. And that became the next film. Which I don’t even want to really talk about yet because I feel like it’s a little far out.

I think it’s something fans of the other stuff will like. Probably fans of The Devil’s Rejects will enjoy the most. It’s not connected to that film but it’s more on that headspace.”

You can watch him discuss the film over at 3news.co.nz.

COMMENTS

• MyDarkPassenger     February 21, 2014 at 11:41 am

I liked The Devil’s Rejects a lot so I hope this will live up to that. Lords of Salem was god awful, and Halloween 2 didn’t sit real well with me either.

Regarding his wife, if she could get an acting gig with just one other director it would somewhat redeem the decision to consistently cast her. Until then he’s just putting the pussy on a pedestal.

• NoSalvation     February 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Enlighten us. I would look it up but I have absolutely no information to do so.

Anyway, I like all, yes I said all, of his movies so far. Better than any B movie out there, better than a ton of A grade ones too. Lords of Salem was a trip man. Probably would never buy it but it’s definitely a good watch. A good idea would be to drop acid about half way through, considering the ending is fucking crazy and a little hard to take serious if you’re trying to take it super dooper serious in the first place.. and I LOVED the Halloween remakes. I would watch em over any of the old ones any day. Even the cartoon movie he made was awesome. Lots of tits, cursing, blood and guts, all the shit that makes movies go round. And stop hatin just because he has a fine piece of ass for a woman and puts that pussy on everything he does. Super Sexy Swingin Sounds ring a bell?

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     February 21, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I’m not ashamed to admit that I killed my fair share of liquid kids while flipping through the inlay of Supersexy Swingin’ Sounds. I mean, hey. I was 13 and this was before anyone really had the internet.

• NoSalvation     February 21, 2014 at 8:38 pm

You too?! Thank Jesus I’m not the only one! I mighta been 18 though. Haha, just fuckin’ with ya. I had to be around that age too. 29 now.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     February 21, 2014 at 8:22 pm

This to me reeks of the “OK, OK I know you guys hate all that garbage I’ve produced in the last decade, so I promise the next one will be just like that one thing you still like!” crap that bands like Korn pull every other album. The Devil’s Rejects was a fluke; Rob’s downfall is that he can’t write a decent story to save his life.

• MyDarkPassenger     February 22, 2014 at 9:55 am

Really you could just replace every mention of “movie” with “music” (Devil’s Rejects with Hellbilly Deluxe) and it would be Rob Zombie commenting on his next record. Spoiler alert: it would end up sucking.

• cheesescrust     February 22, 2014 at 11:01 pm

His movies are shit just like his music.
      He should just go back to making the same song he’s been making for the past 20 years, and if you’re reading this Rob (of course he isn’t) please don’t forget to throw in the “yeaaaaaaah!” during the verse (note sarcasm, yeaaaaaaah!)