Earnings & Attendance For Recent Linkin Park, Primus, Incubus, Megadeth, Etc. Shows

The latest Boxscore report is in and features earnings and attendance reports from recent shows by Linkin Park, Primus, Incubus, Megadeth and August Burns Red. See below for the shows likely relevant to the readers of this site.

Artists: Linkin Park

Date: Dec. 07th, 2014
Gross Sales: $11,859
Attendance/Capacity: 554 / 1200
Ticket Prices: $25, $22

COMMENTS

• MyDarkPassenger     January 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm

There’s not a lot of opportunities left to see Linkin Park in a theater venue. They charge more to play to less people. So, to answer your question, only die-hard fans that want that “intimate” experience. I put intimate in quotes because a packed 4,000 seat theater is hardly intimate.

• MyDarkPassenger     January 16, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I’ve made it my personal responsibility to point out the most depressing cases listed, so here goes:

Brazil is fucking crazy for rock concerts. When Metallica goes there, the whole city just forms a line to the soccer stadium that they had to retrofit to hold more people. Incubus, on the other hand, gets booked in a theater-sized venue and doesn’t quite move half the tickets.

• NoSalvation     January 20, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Saw em on their second album cycle and didn’t like the show. Not the biggest LP fan, but I’m sure you could get a lot of better bands on your list. I have SoaD, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Rage on my list. Plus a number of reunions that more than likely won’t happen.

• adamonfire     January 20, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Saw them with Incubus (we went for Incubus), and it was one the earliest I’ve ever left a concert – and I say this as a huge HT fan in high school. The shit they pump out now is just awful, I’d much rather see him with STP.

• NoSalvation     January 20, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I saw Scott with STP just a couple years ago and I loved it, I wish they wouldn’t have broken up, but I did get to mark that off my bucket list. Kinda missed all the grunge bands in the 90s but I did see Manson on the Antichrist tour, so it balances out.

• I figured Linkin Park would be good live. Glad you guys told me otherwise because that would’ve been an expensive mistake. Some other bands on my bucket list are System of a Down, Mudvayne (Hopefully they get back together), Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. Random thought, I wonder who they’re going to announce for Mayhem Festival this year???

• adamonfire     January 20, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I’d see them again if they did a Hybrid Theory tour, but I don’t really care about anything after that – so that’s up to you if you’d want to grab some cheap seats if you like their other stuff.

Looks like Mayhem dates weren’t announced until late January and the line-up until mid-March last year, but I have a feeling they’re going to be forced to do it sooner. Rock on the Range used to not announce until the first week of February, but they did so last Thursday because major festivals around the country started announcing their line-ups in rapid fire.

• MyDarkPassenger     January 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I saw Linkin Park open for hed PE when HT first broke. I was blown away by how poor they sounded live, but from what I’ve seen in more recent years they’ve cleaned it up a bit.

Regarding Mayhem, I think the headliners will either be epic or terrible, no in between. There’s no Disturbed or Godsmack dropping new albums that I know of, so a band like system of a down (but not them) could be on the table.

• I saw Linkin Park once, on the Summer Sanitarium Tour in 2003. They were bad and I’m 99% certain that Chester’s screams were pre-recorded.

But I say this as someone who has never liked the band, not even when that “shut up when I’m talking to you” bullshit first came out.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 8:17 am

I took my stepbrother in 2011 to see Linkin Park. It was an awesome arena rock show. They sounded great and played all the hits and older stuff.

Mayhem/Uproar this year will be Korn/A7X headlining probably with Godsmack releasing new albums I’d assume they’d be on it and Rob Zombie rumored to headline Uproar.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 8:18 am

” I wonder who they’re going to announce for Mayhem Festival this year???”

I’ve heard Trivium, Suicide Silence, Norma Jean and Korn are pretty much locks.

• MyDarkPassenger     January 21, 2014 at 8:47 am

Yeah those sound like locks. A7X makes sense too, which would be amusing because Korn and A7X were the headliners at our local fest this year.

• That doesn’t sound too bad really. I just hope it comes to St.Louis this year. Last year it didn’t. I’m assuming because of Warped Tour interference.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I think Rob Zombie played the St. Louis area like 3 times in a year and a half so that’s why Mayhem skipped it.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Good to see Primus packing them in. They’ve sold every show I’ve ever seen them play except one that was on a Tuesday in Cincinnati and costly. That 3D tour has to be seen to be believed.

I also expected Megadeth to get more of a draw than they are apparently. Seeing them play to 3,000 people in a 18,500 capacity arena was depressing.

• MyDarkPassenger     January 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Megadeth has really hurt themselves with the consistently poor albums of late. I loved The System Has Failed and enjoyed United Abominations, but everything thereafter has been forgettable at best. They also seem to tour relentlessly, so there may be some fatigue going on.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I greatly enjoyed Endgame and 13. Super Collider did some serious damage and will take some serious repair to fix. That and Dave Mustaine being a PR nightmare.

• MyDarkPassenger     January 21, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I saw Megadeth in September and thankfully they only played one track from Super Collider (the namesake song, I believe). It was a merciful gesture.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     January 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

They played 3 when I saw them. 2 meat and potatoes thrash songs that got the job done and that terrible title track.