Alexisonfire Working On Getting The Rights To Their Masters, Hint At More Vinyl Pressings

It’s a rare situation for many musicians these days, but the now defunct Alexisonfire are well on their way to gaining the rights to their masters. In addition to that, there is already talk of a second pressing of their now sold-out extensive vinyl box set. Read on in the bands own words:

“So our box set sold out in a mere 30 mins. Selling 1000 box sets, at the lofty price of $250, on a predominantly dead format, is no easy task. It’s a god damn Christmas miracle. I really don’t want you to think that a gesture like that has gone unnoticed or unappreciated by the AOF camp. We love you all and are very grateful you would go to such great lengths for us.

Now we didn’t make a big deal about this before but there is an aspect of this box set you might not know about.

Over a year ago it came to our attention that Distort Records was looking to sell the rights to the Alexisonfire back catalogue. That includes the self titled, Watch Out and Crisis. Rather than watch them be sold to just anyone, our manager and the owner of Dine Alone records Joel Carriere offered to buy them with the intention that once he had recouped the cost to purchase them he would return the masters to the band. This is the first real release since he did so and the box set sale has gone a long way towards giving us back ownership of our music. It’s a Christmas gift that you probably didn’t even know you were giving us.

So me and the band would like to send a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who purchased an alexisonfire vinyl box set.

Also, don’t go rushing to Ebay if you didn’t get one. We are already discussing pressing a second batch and the full lengths on their own. (More info when everyone’s holidays are done)

xoxoxoxoxo
George

COMMENTS

• I couldn’t make it past the shopping cart on my phone, the site was hammered and their FB page was littered with complaints from people who also couldn’t get through. Now you have other people bitching that this boxset won’t be “limited” enough to warrant their initial purchase… I just want to own the damn thing.

• MyDarkPassenger     December 28, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Fuck those people. Does anyone actually believe a limited release by a fringe band in a fringe genre is ever going to pay dividends? You’d be better off investing in a beanie baby.

If you’re mad more people will get their hands on it, you probably weren’t in it for the music anyways. Not you Adam, you as in those other guys.

• MyDarkPassenger     December 30, 2013 at 10:45 am

What does that mean? There’s vinyl dealers out there getting rich on this shit?

I don’t doubt you can get 200 bucks for an out-of-print limited vinyl record from a defunct post-hardcore band. But who cares? 200 bucks won’t make you rich. That’s my point, if you’re only in this to make a quick C note there’s much more productive and efficient ways of doing so.

• tenwestchaser     December 29, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Dude. Same exact experience. I finally got to the point where I selected shipping options and then from there I was fucked. I also just want the damn thing. It’s not some sort of investment for me. Just love all their music.

• MustardTiger     December 28, 2013 at 1:02 pm

That’s a very generous thing of Joel at dinealone to offer. I hope the band is nice enough to include him in future royalties as a payback, once they own the catalogue.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     December 28, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Vinyl is such a predominately dead format it’s sales are up 750% since 2008 on the biggest online shopping site ever and 33.5% in other locations. I do feel bad for Adam considering this is clearly his favorite band.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     December 28, 2013 at 2:02 pm

1. Deftones
          2. Sevendust
          3. ETID
          4. .letlive
          5. Gojira
          6. Meshuggah
          7. Korn (even though they broke everybody’s hearts)

that’s my guess at this sites personal favorites

• No, he said my favorite band. And swap them out with Deftones above and you’ve pretty much got my top 4, then add in Parkway Drive and Killswitch.

• MyDarkPassenger     December 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I’d agree with the top 4. Bizkit is an obvious omission though. With the amount of people commenting on everything LB related I suspect people got a lot more interest than they let on.

I still haven’t ever listened to letlive. I’ll get around to it.

• southpawchew     December 28, 2013 at 9:11 pm

converge and nin are 2 that i dont care for but prp loves i dont think letlive is a fav on here even tho i love um

• JimCroceLoverXEX     December 31, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I like NIN but I really feel that Trent has made the same song 1,000 times at this point. The Whitest Kid You Know sketch about him was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.