Coheed And Cambria Perform “A Favor House Atlantic” On The ‘Guitar Center Sessions’

Coheed And Cambria will be appear on DirecTV Audience Network‘s ‘Guitar Center Sessions‘ on January 10th, 2014. Below you can find a clip of their performance of “A Favor House Atlantic” on the episode:

COMMENTS

• JimCroceLoverXEX     December 22, 2013 at 4:06 pm

My favorite part of the show is the host clearly not giving two shits about who he is interviewing sometimes. I get off work at 3am or 7am most days so this will be the only show on and I watched the Papa Roach and Asking Alexandria episodes while flipping between Ancient Aliens and the host looked like he wanted to cut his wrist.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     December 23, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Yeah, he seemed especially thrilled during the Hoobastank one.

Whatever, I’d gladly sacrifice a testicle to switch jobs with him.

• As someone who considered himself a huge fan of this band… their new work is just very uninspiring and bland. I’ve seen them 8 times now, and they were my very first club show back in 2004 – but these setlists that they’ve been playing recently are garbage. Let me know when you’re doing anniversary tours of the 2002 – 2007 materials (YOTBR is decent).

Also, Eppard is good and all, but terrible decision dumping Pennie.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     December 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Pennie left in his own accord.

I’ve been a fan since In Keeping Secrets, but for my money, both Afterman albums are their best work to date. Really, they’ve yet to produce a bad album (though Black Rainbow remains a low point).

• JimCroceLoverXEX     December 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I was fortunate enough to see Coheed a bunch of time for free through connections and whatnot. Saw them at the Congress Theater in May one year so it was 100 degrees and Circa Survive (who sucked) and Torche (who ruled) opened for free because my friend got ticket for her and her boyfriend and then they broke up a few weeks before the show. Then I won tickets to the The Turbine Blade anniversary tour and was ready to go but this fucking bitch who went with us made us leave 2 hours late and we missed the first set at that show. I was fucking furious and is part of the reason I prefer going to shows alone.

• I’ve been a monster fan of this band for a long time. IMO YOTBR was kind of boring and lost the pop aspect that I love from the band. It had it’s moments but it sounded like just another metal band. Not to mention the industrial cloud that Atticus Ross put on it.

Pennie is a great drummer, but it seemed like the band was trying to prove that they could be super heavy to cater to him. Does Josh Eppard have the technical skill that Pennie has? Not by a long shot, but he fits the band perfectly.

I have to disagree about the Afterman albums, I think they are a great return to form for the band. They remind me of less-expansive Good Apollo albums.

• I wouldn’t describe it as “heavy” but instead more technical. Seeing Pennie perform those songs was just leagues better than seeing them perform the Afterman songs on both Uproar and their winter tour with BTBAM (in which our show was 3 days after the releasee of Descension) and made me question my desire to ever see them again unless it’s an album tour.

• MyDarkPassenger     December 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I’m not surprised a lot of people here like this band, but I got to admit I’m not one of them. I’m actually one of those douchey people that thinks “Welcome Home” is their only good song, and it’s not for lack of exposure to some of their other offerings. I actually consider that song to be a modern day masterpiece, it’s got such an epic feel to it. Nothing else they do can compare in my opinion, though I haven’t even tried listening to anything they’ve recorded since then. Maybe I should try?

• MyDarkPassenger     December 24, 2013 at 11:20 am

Regardless of my general feeling for this band (which is improving as I listen on grooveshark), you gotta respect their marketing angles. Comic books, novels, and now an action movie being built around the music they’re making. Even if it doesn’t sell to the masses, they have plenty of hardcore fans that probably buy up every edition of everything this band throws at them. They gotta be rich far beyond their respective peers.