Deftones Premiere “Romantic Dreams” Music Video

The Deftones premiered their “Romantic Dreams” music video online today via Redbull.com. The clip can be seen below and was directed by Brett Novak. Skater Jason Park stars in the clip with band frontman Chino Moreno stating:

“When we started this record cycle, we decided that we didn’t want to make any videos whatsoever. They’re not much fun to make and they usually turn out pretty corny. But this was an idea that we were interested in because we’re all very keen skateboarders and we like the idea of marrying one of our songs to someone as talented as Jason Park.”

COMMENTS

• Fantastic song and beautiful cinematography/visual. However I really don’t think the two matchup here. :(

Deftones aren’t really known for their videos but Change was by far their best. Very artsy but fit the song perfectly.

• Well, it could be as simple as – I really enjoying listening to this track whilst watching an extremely good skater. Those two things make for a good match-up to me. :-)

• I disagree with Chino on this one. There’s stacks of awesome deftones vids – Back To School, Digital Bath, Mein, Minerva, sextape, Beauty School . . . Keep ‘em coming I say.

• Interesting, it was the band that decided they didn’t want music videos.

And this video is really cool. Way better than Swerve City.

But I’m a little dissapointed they didn’t make more…. rocket skates, you’ve seen the butcher, and sex tape were top-notch from the last album alone.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     September 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I don’t blame them for not wanting videos. Why go in debt producing something that isn’t going to help push your music anymore? When was the last time you saw a new music video air outside of YouTube? At this point in their career, they don’t really seem too concerned with trying to buy a new audience. They have their cult fanbase that will support them from here on out, much like a young Rush.

• Well, I hope the only reason I paid double the normal price for a Deftones ticket to get a ticket to the A7X tour is because it will expand the Deftones’ audience – otherwise it is all for naught! They certainly deserve it. And I’m obviously part of the cut fan base – hell, I even flew to see them at Knotfest hahaha.

The video is stellar – different and fitting.

• MyDarkPassenger     September 26, 2013 at 10:19 am

I recently saw A7X and was pleasantly surprised. Go with an open mind and you might dig it. I did, and I haven’t enjoyed their work since Waking the Fallen, from which they played 2 songs at the very end.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     September 26, 2013 at 9:28 am

Right? I mean, I love the Deftones and all, but if this were a new video from Korn or something, we’d all be ripping it to shreds. But since it is Deftones, it gets a pass along with comments like “ooh look at that cinematography.”

It’s a fucking dude skateboarding with a Deftones song in the background. Lettuce be cereal, folks.

• MyDarkPassenger     September 26, 2013 at 10:23 am

The worst part was the sound of his skateboard perverting the song itself. I hear enough of that shit from the skateboarding ticks in real life.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     September 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Again, if it were some shit band, you wouldn’t be comparing it to a fucking Michael Mann flick. Get your head on straight.

• @ RUREADY2JIGGLE?

I wasn’t comparing it to a Mann film. I said some spots reminded me of parts of one. Your pussy is getting pretty wet about a skating video. You need to relax girlfriend.

• MyDarkPassenger     September 26, 2013 at 10:25 am

I’ve never been a big fan of skateboards, I found them quite obnoxious actually, but I do consider myself an extreme sports enthusiast in general. Give me BMX or Motocross over this, though. This guy is good enough to be featured as a top-of-his-game skater in a music video but it didn’t impress me a bit. Where’s the double backflip?

The problem with plywood on wheels is it’s hard to make anything look all that impressive, but it took you 15 years to master it. THAT is why skaters are mostly stoned retards.