A Perfect Circle To Release New Box Set “A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone And Echo”

A Perfect Circle‘s recorded works are being compiled with a new live outing for an upcoming box set titled “A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone And Echo“. A Perfect Circle Entertainment will release the $150 set on November 26th. It will feature:

“• Stone And Echo, a full-length DVD (with accompanying audio CD) featuring the band’s stirring Aug. 11, 2011 performance at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater

Trifecta, a multi-disc collection featuring the band’s complete discography, Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe, recorded live during A Perfect Circle‘s handful of three-night, full-album performances. The 2010 performances, the first outings from the band since their self-imposed 2005 hiatus, were limited to Phoenix, Los Angeles, Seattle, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

• Bonus tracks include live performances of “By and Down,” “Ashes to Ashes” and “Diary of a Love Song

• Five hand selected lithographs featuring the personal signatures of both Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel on one of the selected prints

• Custom sculpted resin frame designed by the band

• A custom made guitar pick designed by Billy Howerdel and exclusive to this offering

• The collection is bound in a custom-made media book containing artwork and credits”

The set is being offered exclusively through the bands own storefront. You can see a mockup of it below:

A Perfect Circle - A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone And Echo

COMMENTS

• Man, I was so excited when I saw the headline for a live DVD, and the packaging looks cool…but I was at that Red Rocks show (it was actually 8/2/11) and the setlist was almost ALL covers! They actually played “Counting bodies like sheep..” instead of “Pet”. Add to that the impressively BORING Jeff Friedl on drums instead of Freese and was the worst APC set I’ve seen. Red Rocks makes most shows great, but it was hard to overcome the bad setlist. Maybe the DVD will be cool now that my expectations are at 0.

• …. this seems too honest to be a troll… dude… if you read anything about the show before you went, or even this article before you posted you’d notice that each city played three nights, each night dedicated to a full album. You clearly went to the eMOTIVe night.

• deftoolsys07     September 9, 2013 at 10:53 am

I saw them on this tour, as well, in Dallas… Thoroughly disappointed… I had already seen the setlists before the show and I understand that they were just trying to play shit that Maynard could actually pull off apparently, so I had an idea of what to expect, but it was still one of the worst shows I’ve been to, and I love APC… 90% covers, and the originals that they did play were remixes.. and they just butchered some of their songs… 3 Libras was unrecognizable and laughable… apparently it was an Emotive tour..

• deftoolsys07     September 9, 2013 at 10:58 am

That said I think this is a pretty decent little collection, and $150 seems a little pricey but reasonable for the amount of unreleased material provided… If Maynard had signed more than 5 copies this thing would have a $500 price tag, I’m sure…

• They’ve been playing Massive Attack’s remix of 3 Libras live for a long, long time, and it’s an awesome remix. What’s the issue?

• SpinSwimScream     September 9, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Snip3r, I would have loved and hated to see that. APC not having Josh Freese anymore is pretty much my only concern about this band. People don’t realize how great he is. He did a tour with APC a while back with a broken right foot, so he played the entire thing with his left. Beast. Not just that, but his writing is phenomenal.

• Freese is so fun to watch, and you’re right man, he’s a beast. I remember hearing about the broken foot thing, and from what I hear he was still spot on. It’s always cool to see a band at Red Rocks, so I’m glad I went, but even this setlist would’ve been better with Freese. He’s a big part of their sound.

• When they played the Madrid show for the Thirteenth Step tour, I catched Freese and Twiggy grabbing a bite before the show, so I approached them to ask for an autograph… And it was like 10-15 seconds, but Freese seemed truly stoked about it. I asked Twiggy, and he was cold as usual, with Freese standing behind him, just looking amused, as if he didn’t expect anyone to know them. And when I asked him for his as well, he looked at me like “omg, he knows who I am! awesome!” with a smile on his face.

And of course, he killed it that night, like the rest of the band. Pity we get less and less shows here in Spain – every time a tour is announced for Europe/UK (still don’t get why they separate it like that, since the UK is part of Europe), there’s spanish dates in like 10% of the tours. And afaik, APC has only played once here (Madrid & Barcelona, from said 13th Step tour).

• Having never been to Red Rocks, that was one of the coolest concerts I’ve ever seen. On the other hand, the set list was disappointing. I never bought aMotion because I hate remixes so of course they played a bunch of it.

• JimCroceLoverXEX     September 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm

1996 Maynard: “Fuck celebrities and all their greed.”
      2013: “I’m releasing my side bands complete discography as a live album (all whopping 3 of them) for an exorbitant price. Also, thanks for paying $150 for a cd you already own with a different cover. TROLOLOLOLOLOLO”

• MyDarkPassenger     September 9, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I simply can not WAIT to download this for free and not have to find a shelf to put all the worthless crap they’re hocking for 150 bucks. A picture frame? These dudes are fucking high.

Can’t wait to hear it though. Seriously.

• IamChristian     September 9, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I flew from New Jersey to Vegas for Mer De Noms and 13th Step shows. It was awesome. I heard them do Diary of a Madman live and I almost fucking died. I always thought as much as that old school download I had from Napster sounded just like Maynard that it was not real. That song alone makes me want to buy this. Would I be glad to NEVER hear Maynard sing Imagine again? Yes. Might I buy it….I don’t know….I did buy the Opiate Special Edition, but for $150 that had all of TOOL’s Autograph’s and a shot at that special something. Another thing is that Maynard after singing Sleeping Beauty said ” I hate doing that song, and if it weren’t for doing these show’s I’d never sing it again” …I hate to use quotes because it was something along those lines maybe not exact. $150 is a bit much though.

• SpinSwimScream     September 10, 2013 at 7:39 am

I can’t believe Maynard would openly talk so negative about those songs like that. It’s complete disrespect to the guitarist he was playing with (Billy Howerdel), since he wrote those tunes. Then again, Maynard has been getting pretty cocky over the past 10 years or so.

• IamChristian     September 10, 2013 at 8:34 am

Maybe it’s just hard to sing. This DVD is probably the only way to ever hear the song live again….and again.

• Sorry, guys in APC, but a “very limited offer” of a $150 boxset is nowhere near my spending limit. You know, big time global recession, high unemployment rates affecting me, and whatnot. So, as much as I’d love to have that in my hands, I won’t be able to get it, at all. I’ll consider it if it comes out on iTunes. And if not, I’m sad to say I’ll have to grab it “thru other tech-related means”…