Korn’s Jonathan Davis Says He Knew “Never Never” Was “Going To Piss Off A Lot Of People”, Speaks On Detox

Korn frontman Jonathan Davis spoke of the controversy centered around the softer sound featured on the bands current single “Never Never“. Of that he recently told Teamrock Radio:

“We put this out first cause I knew it was going to piss off a lot of people. And um, so I did it. That song ain’t for dudes, it’s for the ladies.”

He also opened up on his detox/rehab process off of Xanax during the writing process for the bands coming new album, stating:

“I stopped writing and listening to music and a lot of stuff that I love. It was cause I was really battling with this detox off of benzo’s, it’s a horrible drug—they call it Xanax at home I don’t know what it’s called here—I was fighting, having seizures. I was shaking all the time, I couldn’t think, my brain actually was wired a certain way from the medicine, so it had to rewire itself, so I had one foot in reality and one foot out…”

The interview also saw Davis go on to discuss about his current obsession with funk, including the works of Rick James and Average White Band and more. The full interview can be heard below. Korn have an October 08th release date slated for their new album “The Paradigm Shift“.

COMMENTS

• One if the dumbest things an artist can do is cater their work to a specific group of people. It’s even more infantile when I see artists trying to “defend” their targeted shit when they know it’s garbage.

• Afghanistam     August 27, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Fucking bitch wasn’t seizuring comming off of xanax that’s bullshit. Shaking. Maybe. Seizuring. Hell no. Jonathan davis is softer than wonderbread.

• MarsupialRebellion     August 27, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Love when people say shit like this and have no clue what the fuck they’re talking about. If anything I’ve never heard of the shaking part but you definitely can have seizures coming off of xanax. I didn’t personally when I quit that particular drug but several people close to me did have severe seizures however.

• You’re a fucking retard buddy. Not only can you have seizures off of xanax withdrawals but it can also get so bad that it kills you if you were dependent enough on it. Someone like Jonathan Davis who probably had as much access to this drug as he would have been able to stand would have been majorly addicted to it and definitely would have faced real and dangerous withdrawal symptoms such as these. Do some research.

• Afghanistam     August 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Did you fags even wash your mouths after sucking jon davis off together? Nigga plz I took xanax for over 2 years and had to stop taking it for a month last year. I didn’t have any siezure. No withdrawls. I don’t even take the shit anymore lol poor wittle jonathan davis what a drama whore

• I could give a fuck about Jonathan Davis, his addictions, his withdrawals, his seizures, or fucking anything about him. I didn’t post to defend him in the least. I posted because you made an idiotic comment that showed how little you knew about the subject you were claiming to know so much about. Every drug affects every individual in different ways so your claim that you had no seizures and no withdrawals from 2 years of xanax use is a very real possibility. I would never do what you did and claim that there was no possibility of having no seizures or withdrawals because you may very well be telling the truth. All I was trying to get across was that seizures are 100% a possible side effect of withdrawing off of xanax. It can and has happened for ALOT of people that have tried to detox off the drug.

• MarsupialRebellion     September 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Wow dude 64 downvotes. That just shows rite there what a fuckass you are. No ones kissing jon davis’ ass you idiot, people are just saying becsuse YOU in particular didnt have a seizure doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Christ youre a fucking moron dude, your stupidity almost gave me a seizure.

• pour meshuggah on me     August 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

If you’re just now discovering the importance and influence of funk music like Average White Band, you probably shouldn’t be a musician. Not saying he did, but how old is he? Forty-something? No one ever slid him any Sly or Curtis Mayfield? Wait, nevermind. He’s in Korn. Of course he’s never heard of them.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     August 28, 2013 at 10:48 am

I’m pretty sure Jonathan’s dad was a touring musician for Sly & The Family Stone.

I hate myself for even knowing that, but I was a pretty “hardcore” Korn “kid” in the 90s and the early ’00s.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     August 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Thanks man. And same to you. When you finally come face to face with your latent homosexuality, I can only hope your folks will be understanding and embrace your love of shirtless, musclebound dudes.

• SHOTGUNFACELIFT     August 28, 2013 at 7:12 am

Everytime KoRn puts out a new album john claims to be coming off an addiction or depressed.

Since hes having such a hard time with the money he has made off the KoRn Brand maybe we should rob him?

• “Horrible drug”. Try telling that to the hundreds of thousands of those that suffer from depression/bipolar/schizophrenia/etc that need it to be functional parts of society. I sincerely hate when idiot musicians who had no real need for this shit in the first place overdo it completely and then try to brainwash their fans or whoever’s listening into thinking every prescription drug is just evil.

• suspiciousbulge     August 29, 2013 at 5:49 am

Xanax is terrible. I was on a low dosage of the shit for about a year. Doctor never warned me. Definitely twitching, shaking, freezing when i was trying to get off of it. I remember going out to my car on 95 degree day and turning up the heat just to try to get to calm down. There are other anxiety meds out there that are benzo’s that don’t give you these withdrawl symptoms. This new Korn track still sucks ass though.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     August 29, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Why would you need to turn the heat up in your car in 95 degree weather? Just park in the sun, roll up the windows and you’ll burn alive in no time. Two birds, one stone.