Korn Detail New Album “The Paradigm Shift”

Korn have revealed the details for their new album “The Paradigm Shift” to Revolvermag.com. Scheduled for an October 01st release date on Prospect Park, the album finds the band reunited with guitarist Brian “Head” Welch” and will feature the below track listing:

01 – “Prey For Me
02 – “Love & Meth
03 – “What We Do
04 – “Spike In My Veins
05 – “Mass Hysteria
06 – “Paranoid And Aroused
07 – “Never Never
08 – “Punishment Time
09 – “Lullaby For A Sadist
10 – “Victimized
11 – “It’s All Wrong
12 – “Wish I Wasn’t Born Today” (Deluxe Edition only)
13 – “Tell Me What You Want” (Deluxe Edition only)

The cover art for the album, done by Roboto, can be seen below:

Korn - The Paradigm Shift

COMMENTS

• AaronMun83     July 27, 2013 at 3:55 pm

There is a good chance without bands Like Korn and Deftones you wouldn’t have Sevendust, Taproot, 40 Below summer and all those bands of that Style, so they deserve much more credit rather than getting shit on by all you Selfish snobs!

• Korn headlines there own show’s. While the Deftones will ride on a7x’s coattail this summer.
          Instead of having 8 mediocre bands, Chino needs to focus on one project and then maybe, just maybe it would turn out decent.

• BlueBalls     July 28, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Deftones have headlined 95% of the times I’ve seen them. They don’t headline arenas because unlike Korn or A7X, they never took it in the ass for a paycheck.

• BlueBalls, Listen to yourself and quit hating on the truth.
          That is all you could come up with, “they took it in the ass for a pay check.” Lmao, then by being a support band for a7x are they themselves not taking it in the ass for a pay check.
          You see the truth yet you still don’t grasp it.

• BlueBalls     July 28, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Deftones have maintained their artistic integrity throughout the years. Korn and Avenged Sevenfold have not. That’s all I have because that’s all I need. Who they tour with is irrelevant. Last time I checked, Deftones haven’t written a bunch of cheap radio ballads or released a dubstep album.

Don’t you have some inhalants to mix, asull? Does anyone else picture Charlie from It’s Always Sunny when they read his shit?

• ad hominem
          An ad hominem (Latin for “to the man”), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent’s argument.
          Proving to you once again there is more then corn in Indiana.
          Last time I checked, Deftones haven’t written a bunch of cheap radio ballads. Yea because Change and Minerva weren’t a a couple cheap radio ballads, and they never had anything to do with dub-step http://youtu.be/36V5hiOqi1c

• BlueBalls     July 28, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I made my argument against your argument. I just happened to read your argument in the voice of Charlie Kelly.

• Rhinoron     July 29, 2013 at 4:32 am

Got to say, linking to that “dubstep” Deftones song to prove the point doesn’t work… As that’s not a Deftones song – it’s a remix of a Deftones song by someone else – unofficially by the looks of it. Korn wrote a dubstep album themselves, Deftones didn’t.

By that same logic, I can say that Adele made this version of her song Hometown Glory: http://youtu.be/LuvenlRm1VY

That sing song, by the by, is already better than Path of Totality.

All that being said, I’m keen to hear what this Korn album sounds like…

• 8 bit ninja     July 29, 2013 at 9:09 am

…So asull24 links the definition of ad hominem after directly attacking BlueBalls…

“BlueBalls, Listen to yourself and quit hating on the truth…You see the truth yet you still don’t grasp it.”

BlueBalls had originally responded to this argument in a thoughtful post stating his facts.

…The internet incoherence blows my mind sometimes.

• AaronMun83     July 29, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Well My first Comment above I stated that Taproot were also influenced by Korn, that’s why I mentioned Taproot. And regardless If 7Dust weren’t inspired by Korn they still kind of rode that “Nu Metal” wave when they came on the scene in the late 90s, a scene that Korn very much helped start…Even Members from Mudvayne and Slipknot have been quoted as saying that their bands may not exist without Korn, and Korn was a huge inspiration for Max Cavalera To create Soulfly.

• Deftones gave him permission to remix that track, so yea they had something to do with it, and nothing to say about the cheap radio ballad’s ? Exactly my point.

• Rhinoron
          Adele, Really now come on man that’s all you could come up with. Nobody’s gonna lay down lyrics over brown notes without the original creators permission. Whether its a whole album or not the proof is in the pudding.
          The Deftones are just as guilty as Adele and Korn when it comes to dub step. At least Korn were able to man up to the music the wrote, whilst the Deftones are letting another artist take the heat for remixing shit in to shit.

• 8 bit ninja
          “BlueBalls had originally responded to this argument in a thoughtful post stating his facts”.

…The internet incoherence blows my mind sometimes.
          His thoughtful post stating his facts……..
          “They don’t headline arenas because unlike Korn or A7X, they never took it in the ass for a paycheck”.
          Those are very thoughtful facts. Making good music has nothing to do with it? It’s all about who takes it deeper in the ass?
          If those are facts why isn’t Life of agony selling out arena’s?

• BlueBalls     July 29, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Thanks for the backup fellas.

asull, this will be my last response because the list of absurd shit you say grows with each post and honestly, I don’t have the patience to address all of it.

1: “Taking it in the ass for a paycheck” was a figure of speech. You should have understood it the first time but since you didn’t, see my second response for clarification. The fact that you automatically equated that to Caputo is indicative of your character, but that’s another issue entirely.

2: There’s nothing cheap about Change or Minerva. Listen to both of those songs, then Hail to the King and Narcissistic Cannibal. When you’re finished, punch yourself in the dick.

3: Deftones have nothing to do with dubstep. One remix is just as irrelevant as who they tour with. Deftones had a golden opportunity to cash in on the genre they helped create just after it became mainstream. They made White Pony instead.

Slayer: Pioneers of the dubstep genre lmao!

• Rhinoron     July 30, 2013 at 2:36 am

Ah, I’m loving this thread. As for my referencing Adele? I don’t have time to trawl every corner of YouTube for remixes. I quite like that High Contrast version of Adele’s song, so it was the first to come into my mind. And I think it’s quite apt in illustrating my point.

I think it’s the publishers that give the go ahead to make official remixes too, not the artists. Same with when an artist’s songs are used in adverts etc. I’m pretty sure Sigur Ros didn’t say they definitely wanted to be the sound of EVERY sporting even on UK TV between 2009-2011 thanks to Hoppipola.

• MyDarkPassenger     July 30, 2013 at 9:07 am

I won’t say much for Minerva, as it’s my least favorite Deftones song of all time, but calling “Change” a cheap radio ballad is the height of idiocy. It also completely nullified any potential value in this argument.

• AaronMun83     July 28, 2013 at 7:43 pm

You are Exactly Right! But at the same time Korn have said Time and time again that FNM and Mr. Bungle have been HUGE inspirations. They have all said without those bands they would not exist, those bands and RHCP are really where Munky and Fieldy drew their inspiration from!

• Side note – I was fortunate enough to just be getting into concerts to see FNM on their Angel Dust tour. It was incredible. They came out across the stage doing jumping jacks to The Final Countdown. The show was amazing. This band that was brand new called Helmet opened the show but only got to play six songs because the crowd broke the barricade.

• adamonfire     July 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Sevendust was formed in 1994, 1 year after Korn. 7D has always been their own band with a distinct style their own – like every band they have their influences, but they are more of the FNM and Living Colour variety and heavy metal, not nu-metal.

• Afghanistam     July 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm

i totes agree. 7d is alternative metal who i assume were influenced by the likes of alice in chains, who were in their peak just a few years before 7d debuted.

• AaronMun83     July 29, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’m pretty sure if you asked some of the members in 7Dust they would say that korn were at least Some what of an inspiration to them. I asked Taproots Drummer once if Korn were an inspiration to them and he said absolutely, and that the band played their ST CD heavily In the early Stages of writing their first album.

• adamonfire     July 29, 2013 at 8:38 am

So because Taproot was influenced by Korn, Sevendust was? Does not compute. Taproot was formed in 1997, aka a year after Life is Peachy and a year prior to Follow the Leader.

Korn’s debut s/t wasn’t released until Q4 1994, meaning by your timeline Sevendust waited in line at Sam Goody at midnight, bought the album, listened to it once, and then started their band.

• AaronMun83     July 29, 2013 at 12:30 pm

7 Dust weren’t formed until around 1996-1997 though (They were a band called Crawlspace)…and the members of Korn have been in bands together since 1989 maybe even earlier, and according to Fieldy Korn formed in 1992 (You can’t always go by what wikipedia says) But in reality if you wanna go by your way of thinking then Korn formed in 1989 and 7Dust formed in 1994 lol

• adamonfire     July 29, 2013 at 1:14 pm

So Crawlspace was what, an R&B group? They completely changed their sound and identity when they became Sevendust?

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     July 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I thought Sevendust was cool until I saw them on trampolines. Then I thought they were even cooler.

Better than the stupid gimmicks other nu-metal bands at the time were pulling.

• How can you put korn and deftones on the same level? Korn sucked as fucking hell after take a look in the mirror, deftones always did better records after another!

• BlueBalls     July 27, 2013 at 9:23 pm

“Prey for Me.” “Love and Meth.” It almost seems like Jonathan Davis is intentionally trying to fuck with Head with these song titles.

• I completely disagree with that. I think the only way to settle differences in this case is through the music. If you let go of your past, and put all emotions into the music you write together. That is how you move forward as a band.

• AaronMun83     July 27, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I’m pretty sure “prey for me” has nothing to do with praying, and love and meth is most likely about head, they just got done shooting a music video for their lead single and I’m pretty sure it was one of these two songs!

• BlueBalls     July 27, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Hahahahaha. Oh, A. Mun. What adam linked to.

And Khan, I’m not aware of any differences that needed to be settled. Head left because his newfound religious views didn’t align with Korn’s message, at least not in his eyes. Head no longer feels that way and I can only speculate as to why. I’m guessing he was running low on cash and if there’s anything Christians love more than feeling morally superior, it’s money.

Even if there were differences to “settle through the music,” we haven’t heard the music yet. I was basing my comment on the song titles alone. In my mind, I’m picturing J. Davis dangling a check in front of Head’s face. “Hey Head, I wrote a song about the predatory nature of religion and named another one after your shitty band but replaced the word ‘Death’ with ‘Meth.’ You’re going to stfu and play them or you aren’t gettin paid, bitch!”

It may not be anything like that in reality but considering that I don’t really care, I’m going to go ahead and roll with my initial impression because it’s funnier.

• I totally agree with that “It’s all about money.” Head doesn’t have to try and justify anything about his religious beliefs to me, or anyone. I thought that was lame as fuck myself. You’re right by the way about it being funny to think about “Mr. Saved” and Jonathan Davis working together on this album.

I just think he’s moving forward and letting go of the past and looking towards the future where the cash flow is.

• AaronMun83     July 29, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I too am thankful to be a Butt virgin haha…but for millions of dollars I’m sure most people would give it up, deftones have made just as much money as korn or any other bigger band, and Korn didn’t sell out with their last album considering JD has been a DJ since he was 16 years old, and has always had a huge love for EDM music!

• pour meshuggah on me     July 31, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hey Aaron, what other types of virgin are you thankful of being? Just curious.

• AaronMun83     July 28, 2013 at 10:29 am

haha…No I’m just a fan of the band, I was very let down with the last album (Sure it was innovative, but it wasn’t the korn that I fell in love with) I became a fan of the band in the first place because of Head and Munky, so I’m just Stoked to hear what they bring to the table on this forthcoming record. I’m glad they continued on without head but it wasn’t the same without him, and BTW I love you guys even if you thumb all my comments down! LOL

• pour meshuggah on me     July 28, 2013 at 8:37 am

Candira has a song called Paradigm Shift. Tombs has an album called Path of Totality. That album cover really does look like something Tool would do. The 3 bands I just mentioned are actually good.

• AaronMun83     July 28, 2013 at 10:35 am

Don’t deny it, you like korn or you wouldn’t have commented, and this new album is gonna have that “Tool” Feel I believe (Of course I’m not comparing the two bands, because NO band can be compared to Tool) If you check out the trailer on youtube It sounds like a Tool inspired song, but we all know Korn are more about simplicity, and they have that “Less is more” style with their guitar playing, but Korn and tool are friends and Maynard and J.D used to hang out, and Munky caught viral meningitis On Lollapolozza 97 and Adam said he would step in For munky on guitar but Korn didn’t wanna do that…

• Afghanistam     July 28, 2013 at 9:50 pm

• AaronMun83     July 30, 2013 at 10:31 am

I’m not talking Noob, I’m typing! and Of course I won’t stop…annoying you is too easy and fun! :)

• southpawchew     July 28, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I loved Korn as a teen and still blast some of their stuff. I think u guys are wrong about the song titles being an insult to head or what ever half assed guesses u had. I think this maybe like their dr feelgood album where they reached some level of sobriety & express the experience threw song.

• Korn is terrible now….there’s a ton of better music/bands out there. But there are also a lot of disillusioned meth heads who are buying their albums…and defending them on here

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     July 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I’m kind of the same way. They’ve strung me along with a series of mediocre albums. In reality, if you compiled the good stuff from Take A Look In The Mirror and onward, you’d have one, single decent album.

I lack the ability to get excited about a new album at this point, regardless of line-up. Having said that, I will check this one out of some mis-placed notion of loyalty/ritual. 15 year old me still has me by the balls, I suppose.

• AaronMun83     July 29, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I still Remember being a fan of theirs back in 97 and I really liked 1994 Korn and Of course LIP, But hearing Freak on a leash for the first time something just clicked in my mind that I wanted to play guitar, just hearing those delightfully odd sounds Created By Brian and James, they gave so many musicians and guitarist’s hope because they showed you that you could create these amazing songs, but you didn’t have to play like Steve Vai and be a shredder…

• AaronMun83     July 30, 2013 at 10:34 am

It will all be worth it when you hear the finished product, you better buckle up Because Brian is back and This new Korn album is going to kick you in the balls! Who?ThenNow…Bitches!!!

• Lifeseclipse     July 30, 2013 at 10:44 am

I love the argument about Korn being better than the Deftones going on in here. I’m pretty sure the thumbs up are doing the talking.

Also, the Deftones are a whole 5 years older than Korn, so whoever said “without Korn there wouldn’t be Deftones”, please, next time know what you’re talking about. Korn, has been for years, a watered down, unimaginative parody of themselves. They plummetted downhill when Follow the Leader came out. The Deftones may have slipped up with Saturday Night Wrist, but Diamond Eyes more than made up for it. Koi No Yokan is almost right on par with it. That said, I’d take Saturday Night Wrist over any Korn album anyday.

Asull, quit hating on the truth… Deftones have surpassed Korn by far. Deftones are still on WB records after almost 20 years. Korn is on… uh…Prospect Park? Good for them. Maybe in 2 years Kickstarter will be very good to them.

• AaronMun83     July 30, 2013 at 12:13 pm

But the thing is…NO ONE compared these bands, they are brothers, would you like to be compared with your brothers every time you turn around!? Korn and Deftones are two different animals, Musically, and Korn fan knows this and understand that yes Deftones do write Music that is much more intelligent and thought provoking while Korn is more of a “Pop metal band” But that’s what Korn does, and Deftones do their own thing as well, these bands are family who share a LOT of the same fans, so to crucify the one band and love the other band makes no sense, just take what you like from each band and make it your own, because these bands release music for the WORLD to hear, Not just for their die hard fans!

• adamonfire     July 30, 2013 at 12:20 pm

As someone who enjoys both bands (moreso Korn as I’ve just recently grown to really enjoy Deftones), this makes no goddamn sense at all. The whole brother analogy especially – I’m getting the sense that you’re an only child. Competition is supposed to make things better (think Peyton and Eli), and the whole sharing the same fans thing is largely nonsense. That’s like saying being I enjoy Oh, Sleeper that I should like August Burns Red or The Devil Wears Prada. Do they share a lot of fans? Absolutely, but that doesn’t change my mind that the latter two suck.

• Lifeseclipse     July 30, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Yeah, they did. When someone said Deftones were better than korn(met with overwhelming thumbs up) you said no. Then asull went on to compare them further favoring korn(with much thumbing down). So there you go, this thread kicked off with a Deftones Korn battle. But like I said, those thumbs don’t lie. Deftones will remain the PRP favorite, whether you two korn fans like it or not.

• AaronMun83     July 30, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I said no, but that was directed to the fact that It was a lame comment, no disrespect to the guy, but I think fans are bright enough to know which band is More talented, In this case The Deftones. But I wasn’t trying to compare the bands, Just saying that these 2 bands came up together and were best friends for awhile! And yes, In the early 90s, Korn and Deftones shared a lot of the same fans, and to this day still do. And I don’t see the need for competition, they are 2 different bands that bring 2 different styles, If they play shows together the crowds will love them both.

• Chinxcore     July 30, 2013 at 9:13 pm

you not rrrh rot
      dot n dot n dot per rot
      dot n not n dot per

n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah
      dot dot ki o ma gri a dot
      dot ers a pa ta ko

some play to we
      a dot think up a bite rah
      sometimes you might
      ooh ooh rrrh
      we thought we might

dot be mer hot something
      what are you ma ah
      do bro what are mines is
      dot ooh ooh