Venues Revealed For Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones & Ghost Fall U.S. Tour

Avenged Sevenfold have announced the venues and on sale dates for their upcoming North American ‘Hail To The King Tour‘ with Deftones and Ghost in tow. You can check that out below:

10/03 Chicago, IL – Allstate Arena
10/18 Houston, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
10/19 Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
10/20 San Antonio, TX – AT&T Center
10/22 Omaha, NE – CenturyLink Center
10/23 Oklahoma City, OK – Chesapeake Energy Arena
10/26 Las Vegas, NV – Mandalay Bay Events Center

All dates are due to go on sale on August 02nd at 10am (exact timezone not provided) sans the Texan dates, which will go on sale on August 09th. Avenged Sevenfold will be touring in support of their new album “Hail To The King“. That effort is scheduled for an August 27th release date on Warner Bros. Records and will feature the below revised cover art:

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

COMMENTS

• adamonfire     July 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Just as I expected… I’ve had nothing but good times at JLA, so I’m looking forward to it. One thing I certainly miss about living in the metro Houston area is how long Mitchell Pavilion is open with comfortable weather.

• BlueBalls     July 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm

The best damn arena in the world! I’ve never seen a show there but I’d be down to stand on the same floor as my red and white heroes for a Deftones show.

• I saw Metallica & Machine Head @ The Joe back in 2009. One hell of a show. I was kicked out for crowd surfing on Metallica’s opening song. I was so disappointed until I realized I could just walk in a different entrance. So I only missed 2 or 3 songs. Looking forward to this one!

• adamonfire     July 24, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I saw The Black Keys and then Muse there, had pretty damn good views each time. The majority of A7X fans are still kids so it should be really easy to see and move up in the crowd.

I was hoping to go to that Metallica / MH tour in Dallas but I had a final that night, wasn’t able to catch Metallica until Orion this year and Machine Head on Mayhem 2 years ago.

• adamonfire     July 24, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Oh, and at Skynyrd/Bad Company last night a guy sat in front of us that had the Lions logo (new version) tattooed on each side of his head as though it were a helmet, and he was wearing a Kevin Smith jersey. Fan of the century.

• PhantomOfTheNovel     July 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

They are stupid if they think they are gonna fill up the Phillips Area. Such an odd lackluster tour. A7X and Ghost, please.

Can they please just do another Alice in Chains, Mastodon and Deftones tour again?

• rojasdivision     July 25, 2013 at 6:46 am

I saw this tour date in San Antonio. Puddle of Mudd was HORRIBLE. We stayed for about 3 Godsmack songs. They weren’t great but they weren’t the worst band I’ve seen either.

• puddle of mudd is bad enough to automatically make that the worst tour deftones have taken part in. pretty indifferent to godsmack and avenged actually.

if this tour was doing small arenas it would be no question worth going just for deftones and ghost, but im not sure if it can justify a place the size of the garden, or the prices.

maybe if this tour actually bombs and stubhub sellers unload tickets for close to nothing.

• MARIACHI EL willX     July 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm

dammit! I forgot all about deftones, godsmack, puddle of mudd. good memory. that was worse.

• rojasdivision     July 25, 2013 at 6:52 am

I love Deftones (10x show vet) but I’m passing on this. Not that Avenged Sevenfold doesn’t put on a solid show (they do) but I’d rather see them in a smaller venue than in an arena setting. Tried that once before (Reunion Arena 2006) and the show was meh.

• adamonfire     July 25, 2013 at 7:13 am

In the past year I’ve seen them in a amphitheater, smaller club, and large festival and the performance was pretty consistent at all locations

• rojasdivision     July 25, 2013 at 8:49 am

Perhaps I’m just spoiled from having been at their Diamond Eyes CD release show Trees in Dallas (600+ capacity) which is one of my top shows of any band I’ve seen. The 3 shows I’ve seen since have been great but nothing compared to that one.

• MyDarkPassenger     July 25, 2013 at 10:58 am

Agreed. It feels disrespectful for those young punks in Avenged (though they’re getting pretty old) to take top billing. Then again, it’s a stupid ass idea for them to tour together at all.

• massdeath     July 26, 2013 at 9:31 am

Agreed with the bring back the AIC/Deftones/Mastodon show. I saw that in the garden and that was killer!

What in the world are Deftones doing touring with A7X? The Tones are should be so beyond that by now. The only advantage I could see is that A7X has some younger fans who may not have heard Deftones and that could bring in some more youth to the world of Deftones; who IMHO still have a LOT to offer the rock world.

As for Ghost the whole “Satan” gimmick is just so stupid. It’s not because I’m afraid of supernatural nonsense or powers; but because to me it’s just cheesy. It’s like rather than writing lyrics that mean something to you or the world, they are just taking the “shock” way out. Lame.

• deftones and avenged are labelmates.

the advantage is avenged is far more popular, putting them in front of a lot of new ears period, not just younger ones.

• massdeath     July 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again my dream tour would a triple headliner bill: Alice in Chains, Depeche Mode, and Deftones. Perhaps DM is so popular around these parts but they’d be a perfect musical connection to the other two bands IMHO.