Nine Inch Nails Sign With Columbia Records, New Album Due This Year

Nine Inch Nails are no longer free agents having signed a new deal with Columbia Records. As it turns out, a new album from the outfit is already finished and will see a release through the label later this year. Band mastermind Trent Reznor said of the outing:

“I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great.

This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

Columbia Records Chairman Rob Stringer also commented on the signing, offering:

“We are thrilled at Columbia to work with a true renaissance artist like Trent Reznor on the return of Nine Inch Nails and an exciting new chapter of innovative music from them.”

According to the press release, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Robin Finck and Ilan Rubin will comprise the core live lineup for the band. No mention was made of Adrian Belew—who was originally tipped—for the outfit.

Current Nine Inch Nails live dates include:

07/26 Naeba, JAP – Fuji Rock Festival
07/28 Ansan, SKR – Ansan Valley Festival
08/02-04 Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza
08/09-11 San Francisco, CA – Outside Lands Festival
08/15 Hasselt, BEL – Pukkelpop Festival
08/16 Biddinghuizen, NET – Lowlands Festival
08/18 Hockenheim, GER – Rock’n'Heim Festival
08/21 Belfast, IRE – Belsonic Festival
08/23 West Yorkshire, UK – Leeds Festival
08/24 Paris, FRA – Rock En Seine Festival
08/25 Reading, UK – Reading Festival
08/28 Milan, ITA – Mediolanum Forum (feat. Tomahawk)
08/31-09/01 Philadelphia, PA – Made In America Festival
10/25-27 Asheville, NC – Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit
11/01-03 New Orleans, LA – Voodoo Festival

COMMENTS

• star_AD     May 28, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Ha, people will talk shit. But this man deserves to get paid granted the music is good. Although I didn’t care too much for Ghosts, I know this new album will not disappoint. Sure he has a lot of hate, but you can’t deny his influence throughout the 90′s and early 2000′s. Bring it.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     May 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Is this the part where everyone bitches and moans about something we should all be grateful for? I don’t give a shit about what Trent may have said 4-5 years ago, all I know is there will be new NIN by years end. Anyone who has anything bad to say about THAT can just fuck right off.

• asull24     May 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm

RUREADY4ADDERALL calm down,Your logic is pathetic, What the fuck should any be grateful for? Trent wrote another album. Good deal, but it’s not the second coming of Christ.

• You’re right, it’s not the second coming… I’d care less about that.

• They Ate Their Macaroons in Silence     May 28, 2013 at 7:30 pm

It’s just too bad TR won’t see a cent a support from your entitled ass.

• RUREADY2JIGGLE?     May 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

Are you sure about that? Have you thoroughly read Trent’s contract with Columbia. Better yet, do you know just how much Trent profited from releasing The Slip for free?

• MyDarkPassenger     May 29, 2013 at 11:56 am

He’s referring to the fact that I brazenly admit to NEVER paying for music. If I WAS going to buy an album, it would definitely be NIN above anyone else, so who knows? I paid for PHM, Broken, TDS, The Fragile, With Teeth, well basically everything (including live DVDs) but The Slip but hey, he GAVE me that shit for free.

I will also give him several thousand cents for a concert ticket and who knows what else. If that ain’t support I don’t know what is.

But hey, enjoy your coaster collection, sweetheart.

• MyDarkPassenger     May 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Yeah, I’m just glad that the wait between the Farewell tour NIN wrapped up just three or so years ago and now was short enough to give Ministry (or KISS?) a run for their money.

The world should never be without NIN. In a work ethics way, post-heroin NIN is the anti-TOOL.

• Tortilla Man     May 28, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Maybe Tool will take lessons and go on a farewell tour; they’d probably have two more albums out. A band member saying they’re done is the same as an athlete saying their done. If they come back and lay it all on the field, they are forgiven, but if they eat shit, then they become infamous. If Columbia signed them, there’s a safe bet that the don’t plan on eating shit….

• MyDarkPassenger     May 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Count it! I remember when he was selling all that bullshit on the Puscifer website. “I literally blew my nose on this!”

OK, I get the joke, but then why are you collecting $300 for a used tampon from some shmucky fan?