Tim Lambesis’ Lawyer Has Suspicions His Client Was Setup By A Police Informant

Anthony Salerno—the attorney representing As I Lay Dying, etc. frontman Tim Lambesis—was recently interviewed by Artisan News and gave various insights into his clients case.

Throughout the interview Salerno confirms that the initial planned charge of conspiracy to commit murder has been dropped and that Lambesis currently faces the charge of solicitation to commit murder—a charge that carries a 3 to 9 year prison sentence if found guilty.

Although Salerno has yet to be provided with the prosecution’s evidence; he also aired some concerns about the prosecutor’s case, going so far as to suggest that he feels a police informant involved in it has set Lambesis up. Regarding that he said:

“I would anticipate myself asking for quite a bit of additional discovery, particularly on this person I strongly suspect is a snitch and is an informant for the police and was really creating this whole scenario and sort of setting Tim up. I believe there’s a good probability he may be a police informant. And that information is only available internally with the police department, or in this case the San Diego Sheriff’s Department, and through the D.A.’s office, and that’s something I’m gonna have to explore as well.”

He further went on to state:

“There’s one other element to this, too, which is… I don’t want to start to make accusations on this one unless I have some more information, but I will point out that Tim‘s wife’s brother, I understand, is a San Diego Sheriff’s deputy, and I think I would be remiss if I didn’t fully explore that, ’cause that is a litte bit… it’s at the bare minimum very coincidental, and it may be more than that.”

Lambesis was of course picked up earlier this week as part of a murder-for-hire plot that alleges he was aiming to have his ex-wife Meggan killed. He is currently being held with bail set at $3 million—an amount which has yet to be posted. He is next scheduled to appear in court on June 10th.

COMMENTS

• Apparently seeing as Tim is worth 15mil he must be paying huge money, guaranteed plea bargain since this state can’t afford a fucking OJ Simpson like case. My guess would be a few years and then parole.

• That bit about his wife’s brother being a deputy with the department sure is a tasty detail though. If he was “looking out for” his sister and since Tim is a relatively well off guy, I wouldn’t be shocked to find he wanted to find a way to make Tim pay for what happened to the marriage. Not stating this is what I think is the case, but I don’t rule that possibility out now that this has been revealed.

• TheBDanAbstract     May 12, 2013 at 6:50 pm

The same reason pretty much every snitch has; to cover their own ass. The detail about the brother in law could even reveal he specifically asked the snitch to help orchestrate a case to help his sister gain full custody of the kids(they were in a joint custody battle, and she has even spoke out against him as a father), and potentially kill Mr. Lambesis’ career and image. Bit of a conspiracy theory, but it does make sense.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     May 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Wow…that brother as a sheriffs deputy part is a juicy tidbit. Having an over protective type-A personality in the family does tend to stir the pot a little. Perhaps my Dateline NBC-murder plot-musical dick conspiracy theory wasnt that off base, but like “the wolf” said in Pulp Fiction: “lets not start suckin’ eachothers dicks just yet gentleman”.

• TheMediaProphet     May 11, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Told ya! This whole story smells of bullshit. Like I said in the other thread, $1,000 for a hit? For someone worth millions? And he had to provide pictures and an address, both of which could be Googled?

Even a two bit criminal attempting to be a hit man would extort Tim for more money, just to keep his mouth shut and never even plan on carrying out the hit. I mean, that’s what I’d do.

• lateraleye789     May 12, 2013 at 6:25 am

Well if his defense attorney says it isn’t true he must be innocent! What kind of hitman would tell his client “Do I want pictures of the target? Nah, it’s cool, I’ll just Google it.”? Your critical thinking skills could use some work.

• They Ate Their Macaroons in Silence     May 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Right guys, cuz most ppl are easily coerced into meeting with shady fellows bringing money and fucking security codes. I hate it when people convince me to pay for my ex’s murder. I’m sure after the meeting Tim sent a text to Red and was like, “Lol just joshin’!”
      You’d have to be dim to think $1,000 was all he was paying. And bro hitmen would be idiotic to rely on google. You certainly can’t get security codes or best times to be slain.

• A) “do you want her dead?,” + B) “Yes that’s exactly what I want” + C)Audio Recordings, + D) Testimony from 2 solicited persons = FUCKED

• I can imagine the phrase “I wish you were dead” has been declared between millions of divorcing couples, but it doesn’t constitute solicitation of murder.

• actually, technically, and legally… YES it does constitute solicitation of murder. The only question is proof of intention, and given that 2 people were asked AND one of them was a cop, its a no brainer.

so by this logic, your argument is fully null. perhaps you should check the jail that TL is currently occupying to verify?

• I appreciate the tact Tim’s lawyer is taking. Something curiously missing from the initial prosecutor’s presentation was how the information got from the 2 individuals at the Gym, to “Red” the undercover police officer, which could easily be seen as entrapment based on how the conversations took place between Tim and these 2 mystery individuals.
      Many things about the case against Tim just have been weird for lack of a better word. Especially seeing Tim behind glass in the sentencing, his eyes were down for most of the prosecutors presentation, which is a tell for recalling events and looking back through one’s memory to recollect exact details. In some sense or other, Tim being setup seems more logical given many aspects of the case.

• lateraleye789     May 12, 2013 at 6:19 am

How the information got from the 2 gym individuals to Red wasn’t “curiously missing” you just don’t need to present that at an arraignment, that’s what the trial is for. Entrapment is also one of the hardest things to prove. Perhaps Tim was trying to recall the exact moment he decided to be a dumbass and hire a hitman instead of just hiring a really good divorce attorney. I’m not sure you know what logical means. He was recorded telling a cop he thought was a hitman that he wanted him to kill his wife and then gave him money & information to do it.

• Lifeseclipse     May 11, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I am a huge fan of his bands, and hope that this shit isn’t true, but, just because something is hard to believe doesn’t mean it can’t be true. I really hope it isn’t, but there is a whole lot of shit we don’t know. You guys can argue this shit all you want, and apply all the bullshit you overheard while staring at Mariska Hargitay’s tits on Law & Order, but it doesn’t mean shit. Why don’t you guys do something useful with those skills and find the son of a bitch that took Gene Hoglan’s boots?

• kturl69     May 11, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Alright guys, I’m going to pick Tim up in a little bit. We’re going to this really shitty hole in the wall bar down the street. I’ll get him all liquored up and get the real story out of him. He told me he had something important to tell me. I’ll get back with you fellas.

• schuler     May 12, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Hell hath no fury like a San Quentin bunkmate scorned. Better not eat that Little Debbie cake, bro. Otherwise ya boy comin’ in the back way to get it.

• BlackMetalWoman     May 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I agree!
        Either its a set up, roid rage or something.
        But personally you have to be leary about particular type of women that know they set up themselves to rely on a man’s money they been been since he was 24. With that being said people get annoyed by the fact a fully functional woman can not help with the finance these days. With that being said he realized that touring 6 mos out of the year and this woman is just setting around doing nothing because who goes to say she didn’t have nannies, she already did not have any biological children. A man get tired of that and he started I’m assuming looking elsewhere. She may of gotten angry that she will not be able to live a certain lifestyle….with that being said she could of set something up as pay back…sorry to say some women watch too much discovery ID and Lifetime Movie Network and get ideas that law enforcement will believe them because of certain privileges that will remain anonymous in America. We’ve all seen it in the media the blond hair blue eye female syndrome….She knows how to play the victim and get away with it.
        Meggan is a scorned woman that her meal ticket is gone and all she got is alimony and three black kids to take care of god forbid if any of the chicks he’s been “talking, texting, sexting” was black….that bitch done lost her marbles.