As I Lay Dying Vocalist Tim Lambesis Arrested For Trying To Have His Estranged Wife Killed (Updated)

A report on Reuters has word that As I Lay Dying/Austrian Death Machine, etc. frontman Tim Lambesis has been arrested after attempting to hire a hitman to kill his estranged wife.

Lambesis was taken into custody in Oceanside, CA today, Tuesday, May 07th, after attempting to solicit her murder via an undercover detective. A report on Fox 5 San Diego alleges that the police were investigating him since this past Thursday after first learning of his plot.

The authorities are said to have then laid the above-mentioned trap. He has been booked in Vista Detention Facility where he is currently being held on the charges. According to utsandiego.com, Lambesis‘ ex filed for divorce on September 20th of 2012.

Lambesis had most recently just raised over $78,000 dollars via this crowdfunding campaign for a new album from Austrian Death Machine.

Update – May 07th 8:19pm:

The official press release on the matter via the Public Affairs Unit of the San Diego County Sherrif’s Department has gone live here, it reads:

“Tim Lambesis, lead singer and co-founder for the heavy metal band, “As I Lay Dying” was arrested without incident today, May 7, 2013, at 2:00p.m. in a retail business on Vista Way in Oceanside. Lambesis is charged with Solicitation of Another to Commit Murder.

Information came to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department on May 2nd that Lambesis was soliciting another individual to kill his estranged wife, who resides in Encinitas. The Encinitas Detectives, The San Diego Fugitive Task Force and the Sheriff’s Special Investigation Division investigators immediately initiated an investigation.

The investigation culminated this afternoon, when Lambesis solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife. He was then arrested, transported to the Encinitas Station and booked into the Vista Detention Facility.”

COMMENTS

• TheBDanAbstract     May 7, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Dude has been in Europe and Asia since before the turn of the month. Did he do this from overseas, or did the police wait until last Thursday to give a shit?

• Fred Fred Burger (Darkdevout)     May 7, 2013 at 7:02 pm

well honestly if he actually called a hit on his wife my respect for him would be non existent, high or not. We’ll see how this goes.

• goddamn, i need to find out what the hell is happening here. if he actually did this then i don’t think my faith in the human race can survive

• You know they say things like this happen in three’s. So we’ve had Frankie get his shit shocked, this murder scheme, if we’re lucky Five Finger Death Punch will break up before that double album comes out.

• I just read this on the shitter a few minutes ago. What the fuck is wrong with him? Does he just NOT want to play football and make bank or does he just want to be a straight up piece of shit?

• BlueBalls     May 7, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Titus killed his chances to play in the NFL a while ago. The Lions let him go after he revealed himself as a complete fucking head case. The only other team that even took a look at him was the Rams but I don’t think they ever offered him a contract. I doubt he would’ve earned a place on a practice squad next season, even before the arrests.

• The Rams signed him but it only lasted a week or so before they waived him. Actually, if he would have chilled the fuck out he would have been the Rams #1 wideout. His career is pretty much over now.

• BloodyBoneKummer     May 7, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Now he can spend his day getting stoned with Charles Rogers (another wide receiver the Lions drafted that could stop from ruining his own career)

• adamonfire     May 7, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I actually still see people wear Rogers jerseys at games every once and awhile, it’s very strange. Same thing with Harrington. But considering Titus was kicked off his college team for a year, the Lions should’ve known better to take him. He also said he’s better than Calvin, and on top of that we all know he’s got a kid considering he insisted to have the “Sr.’ put on the back of his jersey so way to look out for Jr.

• What the actual fuck man. I can’t really see this being legit. Either this is true and he was a total 180 of what he portrayed, or someone seriously has it out for him. I hope this is just some fabricated bullshit.

• cheechorama     May 7, 2013 at 7:40 pm

This seems so ridiculous. Does anyone know anything about his “estranged wife”? I’ve never seen or heard much of her…

• For a guy who impersonates Arnold Schwarzenegger via Austrian Death Machine, it’s a really pussy move to hire someone to kill your wife instead of doing it yourself. Fucking girly man…

• TheMediaProphet     May 7, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Fuck, Ian Watkins is a child molestor, Tim Lambesis is now potentially a muderer, Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman have died… God damnit people, can we stop already? This isn’t rap!

• adamonfire     May 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I was digging what I’ve heard, was hoping for a tour. While there are obviously larger issues at play, this loss is a bummer on top of what I presume will be AILD getting dropped from the KSE tour.

• cma3585     May 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I thought of that as well…MMI and Affiance are already boring enough as it is, I’d hate to see another generic metalcore band thrown in the mix to direct support Killswitch, unless it was possibly God Forbid or someone like that.

• MyDarkPassenger     May 7, 2013 at 9:09 pm

This is fucking insane and random. For all you guys hoping its a misunderstanding, he asked a cop to kill his wife. Unless he gets off on a technicality, there’s little chance he’ll see another free day until he’s a fairly old man. What a waste of talent in a country where divorce and prenuptial agreements are so readily available.

Also, those who crowd funded the new ADM record need not wonder where their money was headed.

• satan rx     May 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm

this really upsets me and is hard to believe. hiring a hitman is just plain stupid. i mean the only person thats ever done it and gotten away with was oj simpson. wtf was tim thinking?! hope the new record gets released anyways.

• cma3585     May 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm

So what you’re saying is Tim needs to hire Johnny Cochran so we see some more material? “If the sleeve don’t fit, you acquit.”

• satan rx     May 7, 2013 at 9:32 pm

if only johnny was still alive. maybe if tims lucky he can get a pardon when arnold becomes president. im just confused as fuck about this. really !

• satan rx     May 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm

if only johnny was still alive. maybe if tims lucky he can get a pardon when arnold becomes president. im just confused as fuck about this. really! fuckin blowing my mind

• From what I gathered, the guy is worth about 15M. AILD is notorious for selling the shit out of their merch and having a solid fanbase.. they milked the metalcore trend seemingly perfect for around 8 years or so. I would hear stories about them rolling with 18 wheelers of products to sell. they had more designs and variations than most bands.. on par with maiden….

If he got married before fame, and if it was longer than 10 years prior, ‘community property’ laws in CA state that his wife is entitled to half his money.

$7,500,000. and that’s after its been taxed.

IF i had to guess… and i’m a nobody so flame on.. but ya..he got into some new pussy, she found out, he probably tried to deal her out, she probably got an attorney, and then he was checkmated for <=50% of his net worth.

But trying to kill her? That's just bizarre. Maybe it was a setup? or a publicity stunt?

Normally I might.. MIGHT say "that's pretty metal.." but being that he's with the Zombie Squad and all.. if he's convicted he will face immense criticism

• My Farts Linger     May 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm

From what you gathered? You mean from visiting the website that ethos just posted a link to? Here’s a link to a site that proves I have a 13 inch penis: http://www.retardsbelieveeverythingonthefuckinginternet.com

But, seriously, all of those sites have a disclaimer that reads something like this, “All information presented on CelebrityNetWorth.com is gathered from sources which are thought to be reliable, but the viewer should not assume that such information is up to date or completely accurate or final. CelebrityNetWorth does not assume responsibility for any errors in the information it presents on this site. All information on this site is based solely on public information and is subject to change without notice.”

“Thought” to be reliable…personally, I prefer to regurgitate information that I “know” is reliable.

• kturl69     May 8, 2013 at 4:24 pm

You know, as soon as I saw that he was “worth” 14 million, I did not believe that for a second. I often look up “famous” people and see the networth and most of the time it seems accurate. However, Corey Taylor and David Draiman are listed at 10 million. Not saying I’m a fan but I highly doubt Tim is worth more than either of them. Honestly, I thought Corey would be worth way more than both of them. Not sure how accurate that site is…

• kturl69     May 8, 2013 at 4:28 pm

P.S. My dude Huey Lewis is only worth 6 million more than Mr. Lambesis? That’s a lie if I ever read one.

• My Farts Linger     May 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm

My bad, you posted that prior to ethos posting the link. Either way, it’s bullshit.

• LunyAlex     May 8, 2013 at 1:55 am

Between Palmeri’s shocking performance being the best thing to happen in the immediate and not-so-immediate past (Which don’t get me wrong, was great still), the Golden Gods atrocities, Chi’s passing, Jeff’s passing and this guy going full retard…

I’m a bit sad.
      Can we have that Slipknot album already? Something to lighten the mood? Come on…

• The Shark™     May 8, 2013 at 5:47 am

Wow. Just fucking wow.

All of me doesn’t want to believe this, but you can’t help but wonder. This kind of shit won’t, and moreover can’t be considered a case of mistaken identity since they very well may have it all recorded. I mean, how the fuck do you face a judge and say, “I wasn’t trying to solicit that undercover cop to rub out my ex-wife, your honor. I was trying to ask him what would happen if my ex-wife suddenly turned up dead, would I be a suspect, how would it go down, etc. I’m a good Christian, and we don’t do that sort of thing, we place the blame elsewhere. I knew he was a cop the whole time…”

This is beyond fucked up. But it really just goes to show that regardless of any accomplishment(s), net worth, belief system(s), etc., you can never rule out or underestimate what anyone is capable of.

I’d like to Tim’s side of the story, but by no means is it because I think this is a big misunderstanding or publicity stunt and that Tim is innocent. I am a big AILD fan and was very much looking forward to seeing them in June in support of KsE.

Again, wow. Hellshitfirefucking wow.

• TheNewPlague     May 8, 2013 at 9:15 am

I swear I missed that incentive on ADM’s Kickstarter project:

“Get your name in the ‘Special Thanks’ album credits if you help me raise enough cash to murder my wife.”

• My Farts Linger     May 8, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Calm down, everyone! Jesus asked him to do this. We all know he is a devout follower of Christ, and this will only solidify him living eternally in heaven!