Footage Of (hed)p.e. Frontman Jared Gomes’ 1980′s Band The Clue Available

Footage of (hed)p.e. vocalist Jared “Jahred” Gomes performing in 1988 with his band The Clue can be seen below (thanks Metalsucks.net.)

COMMENTS

• 8 bit ninja     November 5, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I actually listened to the song all the way through, something I could never do nowadays with any new Hed song…and as a matter of fact, I kinda liked it.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     November 3, 2012 at 2:14 am

this is like the 2nd or 3rd time this week ive read you mention your girl and weed. I think its time to grow up and do an adult drug, like cocaine…

• Wait a minute, you mean to tell me this is the same guy that sang “Bartender”? Holy shit. Sweet find! Even better than NIN’s lip synced performance on Soul Train or whatever the fuck. I need this single on my playlist ASAP.

• I was thinking the same thing. Dude was born in 1974 according to wikipedia. Though he could have lied about his age in an interview. DJ Ashba got called out for doing that back in the day.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     November 3, 2012 at 2:20 am

ive always said that jared edits his own bios to make himself seem younger. whatever makes him feel better about still trying to fuck 16 yr olds!

• BAMBIRAPTOR     November 2, 2012 at 2:32 pm

This news will have little impact on Hed PE’s audience. Based on the ones I see on the streets, the Juggalos must be an accepting and forgiving people.

• 9 Ounce Prime     November 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Aww hell no! HAHA!

1. I bet he WAS fucking when she had her first barbie.. And they were the same age! (based on the physical characteristics of a “14 year old.”)
      2. With moves like that, it’s no wonder he needed a cane at 22 years old.
      3. “Hey Jared, I know you have a net worth of almost 10K, and if you don’t pay me half of that, I will release some very embarrassing footage of your first band.” *Jared* “Please don’t! I need to pay my light bill.”
      4. There are at least two guys in that video that were touching him.
      5. That isn’t him. That’s Stephen Pearcy in 1983.
      6. MORE PLEASE!

• RxInfection     November 2, 2012 at 5:16 pm

“Street cred”? Hahaha. You know what takes “street cred” away from Hed PE? Hed PE.

This video has more balls than their last 5 albums combined.

• Relentless_Beating     November 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Haha I wouldn’t even know what their last 5 albums sound like to be honest.

Someone bought be one of their albums for xmas about 10 years ago maybe, and that was enough for me to never listen to them again. Needless to say, that asshole got a turtle neck the following xmas.

• Video games such as Rock Band are the only acceptable use of electronic drums. The only current band I can think that uses this kind of kit is Hollywood Undead, if that gives you any kind of idea as to what they’re good for.

• Relentless_Beating     November 3, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Zao used them a on a few albums (Unfortunately), and those albums are still acceptable. The drummer from Braindrill also used them on the one record he did with them, and it sounds nuts. When used properly, they can actually sound great, but most people fail at them.

• Holy shit hahaha all you people are fucking brain dead. First off, this is in HD. There was no HD in the 80s. Second, Jahred is only like 31 or 32, which means in the mid-80s this dude wasnt even 10 yet. Get a fuckin brain.

• SteveTango     November 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Way to research that info before you commented, drunkie. Jahred is in his late 40s. He would have been roughly 24 when this video came about. I’ll get a fucking brain once you start using the one you claim to have.

• Haha what a whiny bitch. Get over it, dude. Not everything on here has to be an argument. I refuse to research anything hed(pe), I’ll leave that to people like you.

• That’s MCUD’s voice and that’s his face. If you untangled all those dreadlocks, I’d make an estimated guess that’s his hair. Same skin complexion. If this isn’t him, this is one of the most masterful Youtube troll jobs we’ve seen in quite some time.

• I searched Jahred on Google and this is what I found:

One website says he’s 48.
      Paulo Sergio Gomes, 29 February 1964, Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Wikipedia says he’s 38.
      March 4, 1974

The sidebar on Google says he’s 40.
      February 29, 1972

If he has to lie about his age so much, I’m going to guess that he’s really 48.

• But look at the video quality. Get on YouTube and find another video from the 80′s with picture quality like this video. I think this is a bullshit vid that was recently made. I can believe the 38 but not the rest.

• However, I really hopes this is legit and that’s really from back in the day. The dude looks like a little bitch.

• Relentless_Beating     November 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I think you may be the brain dead one if you believe he’s still in his 30′s at all.

• JohnnyWetTowel     November 3, 2012 at 12:03 pm

In Reply to Wurst – “There was no HD in the 80s”
      i) You can digitise Beta/VHS to HD. (TCR stands for Time Code Reading. Which would suggest this is an original tape that has been digitised.)

Also, Musicman (the bass) & Simmons (the electric drumkit) are both companies that were around in the 80′s.

And the bloke doesn’t have any ink on his arms, which would also suggest that this is pre-Hed.

That being said, MCUD has a huge dick. This bloke doesn’t. Or, maybe MCUD was full of shit.

• WorsnopLoverXEX     November 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm

1. The bassist/backup keyboardist looked like Doug Stanhope.
      2. The sequenced dance moves should be copied by Asking Alexandria/Attack!!Attack!!!
      3. I you tubed hed P.E. because I never heard of them and instantly recognized Renegade and absolutely nothing else. Although with them being in town 3 times in the last 6 months (co-headlining with Mushroomhead, Soil, Twiztid) I assume they make enough not to work so good for them.
      4. He is an ugly motherucker since the 1988 glory days. God damn those are some tight pants

• I used to be a massive (hed) p.e. fanboy for some reason (fuck knows why) and that is definitely Jarhed. The guy was around 40 when “Only in Amerika” came out in 2005 so 48 sounds about right. He has always been secretive about his age and personal life.

I remember many years back on a forum called hedpefans.com photos from one of his other 80′s band kept popping up. I think he contacted the admins directly and made them stop the topic from coming up. Especially seeing how this was around the time that he was forever calling out “faggots” and “gay” pop-punk/emo bands for the way they dressed etc. Can’t believe I used to listen to such bigoted dumbfuck nonsense.

• Oderusalingus     July 9, 2013 at 6:24 pm

HA HA HA!!! “This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hed Pe” I guess that answers any question anyone may have had about it’s authenticity. Jared’s sad old saggy ass is 52. I know the band personally and the weak ass video that was posted here is legit. Jared was poser then and is still a poser now.