Suicide Silence Vocalist Mitch Lucker Passes Away In Motorcycle Accident

Suicide Silence frontman Mitch Lucker was killed in a motorcycle accident last night, October 31st. Suicide Silence have confirmed the unfortunate news via the following statement:

“There’s no easy way to say this. Mitch passed away earlier this morning from injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. This is completely devastating to all of us and we offer our deepest condolences to his family. He will be forever in our hearts. R.I.P. Mitchell Adam Lucker – We Love You Brother”

PE.com also have a report on the accident. Meanwhile, Suicide Silence‘s label Nuclear Blast Entertainment also commented on the crash, stating:

“It is with great sadness and regret this morning that we have to report that Mitch Lucker, vocalist of SUICIDE SILENCE, passed away a few hours ago due to injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident.

NUCLEAR BLAST would like to offer our condolences to his family, friends, band members and fans worldwide who are affected by this loss.

He left us doing what he loved to do most. He was 28 years old and will be sorely missed.

Fans are encouraged to share their memories, photos of Mitch and condolences on the band’s official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SuicideSilence

Lucker was an avid motorcycler as evidenced by his various posts on his social media accounts detailing his work on his bike; as well as the various pictures he posted riding it, see here and here.

COMMENTS

• man….my Dad was 27 when he was killed on his motorcycle…I feel for his family and friends. the pain will never go away, but I hope his family and friends will help each other through this unexpected tough loss.

• stantheclam     November 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’ll be first to say wasn’t a big fan of the music but RIP Mitch. Could only imagine what pain friends/family/fans are going through.

I know it won’t change anything but imagine this way your best friend here guys – internet is faceless but lets have some class here before we post anything stupid.

“You only live once so go fucking nuts”

• I Just saw the pics on this site of Mitch in his Halloween costume. Sucks. That just sucks. Cool dude from I read/saw about him via interviews. Condolences for those who knew him and his family.

• Stereotypical Evil Archer     November 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Sad day for his fans. Sounds like he needed more CORE and less DEATH. Sorry, that was in bad taste. But a little dark humor doesn’t hurt.

• They Ate Their Macaroons in Silence     November 2, 2012 at 3:46 am

Wow, cockboy, please teach me to be as funny as you someday.
        Sorry you must not get much attention and playful human interaction at this time in your life.
        Who cares how anyone felt about the music, I wouldn’t wish any child deprived of a positive parent.. or worse, a parent that is still living and made a choice to be absent.
        I’m happy to hear the general voice of this site is supportive and compassionate.
        Gratitude, joy, and appreciation for what I have. (:

• BloodyBoneKummer     November 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Dude was incredibiy humble.
      Met them on the Megadeth tour a few years back.
      They invited me on the bus to drink and hang out.
      Shit got too crazy and their tour manager kicked me off the bus.
      Mitch and Dan left the bus, followed me to my car, then left with me to go to a bar the remainder of the night.
      Totally chilled dude.
      R.I.P. brotha

• I’m a huge fan of Suicide Silence. I’ve been listening to them since the very start. I saw them @ The Magic Stick 4 years ago and Mitch was the only dude who came and chilled after the show. My buddy texted me earlier and told me this news and I didn’t believe it. It’s pretty unreal. R.I.P. Mitch dude. \m/

• Afghanistam     November 1, 2012 at 3:24 pm

people die in accidents every minute of everyday. We should all consider ourselves lucky to make it to 28 and beyond. Anything can happen at anytime. Go calla friend and tell them you love them today. Help a complete stranger out today. We might not get that chance tomorrow.

• Relentless_Beating     November 1, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Haven’t been a fan of this band for a long time, but I gave this guy major respect for what he did, and believing in it to the fullest extent. Far too young to go, and really sad for his child, and family.

RIP.

• Fred Fred Burger (Darkdevout)     November 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm

You could tell this guy had a passion for what he did weather you like him or not, Metal has suffered a tragic loss today and I send condolences to his friends, family and fans. R.I.P Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence.

• This really does suck. I didn’t really like his music, and I definitely didn’t know him personally, but judging from this site’s reaction we’re down one less good dude in the world. rip man

• mertdiggie     November 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm

wow unbelievable, my father passed away june 3rd 2009 on his bike from some person who made him swereve off the road and he never recovered, the fucked thing here is, my dads birthday was halloween. i can only imagine what mitch’s friends and family are going through cus ive had to do it. but as a member of the metal community and a fan or even if you arent a fan, mitch had one of the sickest voices in metal, he could just fucking make ya feel like he was ripping out his whole vocal box in every song and make it look natural. the music world will miss him. condolensces to his band members, and his family.

• SpinSwimScream     November 2, 2012 at 6:37 am

I haven’t really been a big fan since their album ‘The Cleansing,’ but man that album helped me get into heavier music. For that, I always had respect for the band and Mitch was a great singer live. My dad also died on Halloween. Such a weird day to associate with death. I can’t imagine what his family and friends are going through. Rest in peace, Mitch.

• 8 bit ninja     November 2, 2012 at 11:38 am

It’s understandable that some may not like their music but I don’t think we need so many people prefacing their comment with those sentiments. What’s more important is that we honor our fallen brother in metal no matter if it’s, Death, Core, Screamo, whatever. R.I.P. man, you kept it heavy.

• So apparently he was drunk as shit when he jumped on his bike, his wife even tried to stop him from going out. Some may some alcoholism is a disease but getting on your bike is a choice, lucky he only killed himself.

• MARIACHI EL willX     November 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I hate to hear of someone dying, even someone from a band I dislike. However, how could a person, a father on top of that, go out drunk driving on Halloween? No too smart. Don’t drink and drive, and for sure, not with trick o’ treaters (err..spelling) out walking around. At least he only killed himself. Hate it for duder though.

• For as much as this guy loved his wife and daughter, it seems he loved the bottle a bit more. It’s sad it had to end this way, but at least he didn’t harm anyone else.

• after reading there he almost took out a few kids that were trick-or-treating, i have no sympathy at all for this asshole. the world is a better place today without this selfish prick.

• Dudebrodie     November 3, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Try telling that to his 5 year old daughter. I agree it is always selfish to drink and drive (obviously the worst mistake he ever made) but a child lost her dad.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     November 3, 2012 at 12:30 am

This news hit me very hard as I was a huge fan of this band. I respected this guy for being a really dedicated performer, and always treating his fans well. More though, I am a father of a very young daughter too, and I know that losing a father at that age is beyond devastating. Thats what you see if you google image search mitch, a lot of daddy/daughter pics. If your a parent you know how much the love of your child means to you, and vice versa. So it is so tragic and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends.