Limp Bizkit’s Wes Borland: “I Kind Of Like Dream Theater Now”

Limp Bizkit, etc. guitarist Wes Borland‘s recent tweets about his opinion of Dream Theater continue to take him to amusing places. Once again going down through Borland‘s Twitter, mutual friend Kat Von D brought ex-Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy (also of Adrenaline Mob) into the conversation.

Some highlights from that can be found below:

“@MikePortnoy Mike! I was just having a laugh and now all the DT fans are pissed! I’m mean I’m in LB for christsake! Hahaha! This is fun/bad”

“So, @thekatvond just brought @MikePortnoy into this! Yes! Awkward!”

“Well, that was fun. Thanks everyone for the most entertaining Twitter night ever! The funny thing is I kind of like Dream Theater now.”

For the record, Portnoy opted for the higher road. Borland however has been taking the whole situation humorously, going so far as to retweet some of the venom directed at him by Dream Theater fans.

He even managed to find at least one well-known supporter in Emmure frontman Frankie Palmeri, who offered:

“@wesborland You play guitar in the best band of all time. Please feel free to shit on whoever you want.”

COMMENTS

• Dream Theater is boring and just a bunch of dudes with great technical ability jerking off with their instruments. But Bore-land is a terrible guitarist. good job playing nu metal major chords you idiot

• rockout54     April 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I wish there was a feature on here that said something like “Nothing about Limp Bizkit. Or Emmure.” so I could get rid of all the garbage I see about them here, for good. It’s funny…sometimes. I also realize that by commenting on this, I am adding hits/comments to posts/threads about said artists, thus very likely causing them to appear more frequently. Whoops.

• FarBeyondDriven     April 24, 2012 at 5:28 pm

It makes perfect sense that he would say that…. Emmure is just an updated harder version of Limp Bizkit. The dude even sounds like Fred Durst when he isn’t doing his death metal voice impersonation.

• nickygoods     April 25, 2012 at 7:54 am

Are all of you actually shitting on dream theatre for having too much talent?! But ill admit I love reading what you knuckle dragging mouth breathers have to say =)

• Fred Burst     April 25, 2012 at 8:39 am

I’ve never even heard Dream Theater, But I know enough about them to know that a grown man who paints himself up like a unicorn AND plays guitar for Limp Bizkit has no right to be dissing them, Or anything of a music oriented nature for that matter. You’d think that would be just common sense for a guy who plays a song called “Nookie” for a living. Guess not.

FEELIN’ THOSE LIGHTERS, YO.

• MyDarkPassenger     April 25, 2012 at 8:55 am

I’ve followed Dream Theater with a sort of cautious optimism since Scenes From A Memory Of 2, a record that remains epic and beautiful. However, their catalog is hit and miss for me. As som have already mentioned, their incredible talents are at times their biggest flaw. Too much of a good thing or something like that. It takes a very devoted fan to get through a 45 minute song.

• Aggroculture     April 25, 2012 at 9:28 am

Portnoy is not in DT. He left, begged to return, and was told by DT to go fuck himself. He has no high road to take.

And Wes shouldn’t have backpedaled on this.