Tomahawk To Release New Album Later This Year

Tomahawk, who now feature Trevor Dunn (Secret Chiefs 3, ex-Mr. Bungle, etc.) in their ranks, are eyeing a fall release date through Ipecac Recordings for their new album.

As previously reported, tomorrow (April 21st) will┬ámark the release of the bands “From Eponymous To Anonymous“; a three album (“Tomahawk“, “Mit Gas” & “Anonymous“) vinyl set being released for “Record Store Day“.

COMMENTS

• tenwestchaser     April 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Weird that there would be so many thumbs downs for that comment….

Anyway, I agree. Especially the first Tomahawk album. That thing rules.

• Aggroculture     April 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I like the first one. The second one was rushed and many of the songs sound half-finished.

• I imagine it has to do with people thinking Fantomas is better. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan, but “The Directors Cut” is the only album that’s as good as the Tomahawk stuff imo.

• Aggroculture     April 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

To me Fantomas is pretty much a waste of time, a Boredoms tribute band. But Director’s Cut is certainly their best. Real songs trump squawks of noise every time.

• Relentless_Beating     April 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm

LOL Fantomas a waste of time? LMAO That makes me laugh so damn hard.

You haven’t had your mind blown til you have seen Fantomas live. It’s the most amazing thing ever. And if you have seen them, and still hate them, then you are borderline retarded.

• Aggroculture     April 22, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I’ve seen them. I think it was the Fantomelvins Big Band…it was alright, nothing special. I’ve seen a lot better Mike Patton shows.

As someone who has been following Patton since the early 90s I won’t take any shit from other Patton fanboys, especially people who’ve recently discovered his music and think everything he shits is gold. Not that I am saying you definitely are one of those.

• Relentless_Beating     April 22, 2012 at 9:28 pm

LOL I would hope you aren’t calling me one of those. I have been with Patton since Angel Dust. Patton has had his ups, and downs, and they seem to be more with his one off albums.

Fantomas/Tomahawk/FNM all are solid bands. Any band with Buzz Osbourne, Patton and Lombardo in it is tip top.

• jakeunknown     April 21, 2012 at 8:25 am

Just saw Dunn play with his band Endangered Blood last week. Twas amazing. Can’t wait to hear the Melvins Lite album and this new Tomahawk. The guy is pure class