Limp Bizkit Guitarist Wes Borland Speaks On Possible Ousting Of DJ Lethal And John Otto

Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland has now taken to his Twitter to address the situation revolving the possible ousting of DJ Lethal and drummer John Otto from the group.

Here’s what Borland had to offer earlier today (April 01st):

“We are seriously trying our best to help John and Lethal, but this whole thing was something that should have stayed internal. Lee should not have made this a public affair and you (the fans) should not have ever had to deal with something so personal and damaging.

Making this public has caused way more damage than was necessary and now we’re faced with an even harder situation than before. You (our supporters and friends) do not have the information needed to form valid opinions on the situation and we can’t give it to you…. because you’d have to have lived through it in order to understand.

That being said, LB is still a functioning unit and we have no plans to stop moving forward. Our intentions have never been to try and divide our fans. Our only intention has been to move ahead with the parts of the band that can function together. All that being said, we are trying our hardest to make the best out of this situation.

And none of this has been Fred‘s decision alone. It’s been between Sam, Fred, and I and has been an ever evolving situation. So please get off Fred’s back about it, because we are together in this. And once again, I’m sorry for you that this was ever made public. If it hadn’t of been, you may never have even known about it. Unfortunate.”

He later continued:

“We weren’t “keeping a secret from fans” We were trying to get it worked out internally, like I said.”

COMMENTS

• Aggroculture     April 2, 2012 at 4:00 am

I’ll take RMV over TUTP1 any day: Eat You Alive, Almost Over, Lonely World, Phenomenon, Creamer=all good songs. True it’s not the same without Wes, but at least it’s got that LB groove. TUTP1 doesn’t even sound like a LB record, just a bad RATM impersonation. Though I will give you that it does have some good WB guitar work. The Truth, The Channel, and The Story have the makings of good tracks, but they sound like unfinished demos to me.

• WURST OOH AH-AH-AH-AH     April 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I will never understand why you people thing Wes Borland is some amazing guitarist, much less amazing musician. Tell me something great he’s composed…

• WURST OOH AH-AH-AH-AH     April 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Seriously, I always hear idiots say “dude, I hate Limp Bizkit, but Wes is the man” or “Wes rules. He is the only cool thing about LB”.

• How many dudes can say they wrote a song about a blood red on fire? Wes Borland. Genius!

• HonoluluBlueBalls     April 2, 2012 at 6:49 am

I hate this band but Otto is a talented motherfucker. LB should probably hang on to anything that remotely resembles talent. They need as much as they can to offset the fact that their vocalist can’t sing, rap or write a lyric to save his life.

• I don’t really care what LB does at this point, but does ANY band need a drummer who has been breaking bad for the better part of a decade?

• HonoluluBlueBalls     April 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Yeah, lots of mediocre drummers study jazz drumming at reputable art schools.

I’m not going to say he’s the best drummer out there, not even close, but he clearly has talent.

• WURST OOH AH-AH-AH-AH     April 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Oh wow, a jazz school. And? Obviously the dude has some skill or he wouldnt have survived a day in a touring band. But like I said, mediocre talent.

1. Pingback:    Drama Surrounding Limp Bizkit As DJ Lethal And Drummer John Otto Apparently Axed | Metal Insider

• adamonfire     April 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Almost forgot, so I’m just going to put this here:

Yeah
      This time I’m ‘a let it all come out
      This time I’m ‘a stand up and shout
      I’m ‘a do things my way
      It’s my way
      My way, or the highway

This time I’m ‘a let it all come out
      This time I’m ‘a stand up and shout
      I’m ‘a do things my way
      It’s my way
      My way, or the highway

• MyDarkPassenger     April 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm

It’s been clear almost since day 1 with this band that Wes Borland was either too talented or too sensible/cerebral to be running with this crowd. This is just another case in point: the rest of the band goes to twitter airing out all the dirty laundry and causing a stir within their, ahem, fan base. Meanwhile, Wes takes to the web to denounce this behavior and eloquently explain why the whole tactic calls for a lineup change in itself, regardless of whatever the initial issue was. He’s the Luke Wilson character stuck in Idiocracy. It’s bewildering that once he got out and worked with some professional musicians he found the resolve to return to this million-dollar clown car.

• WURST OOH AH-AH-AH-AH     April 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Oh now it all makes sense. “Wes is the man” and “Wes is the shit” because of his ability to not be drawn into drama. Geez, this whole time I thought people were referring to his mediocre guitar skills.

• MyDarkPassenger     April 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

I think you make a very important point about scenesters overvaluing the guitar prowess of Borland, but anyone immersed in the burgeoning numetal scene during the days of Significant Other and 3 dollar blah blah will recall him bringing a style no one had really approached up to that point. Hes always been the innovator and artistically driven element, there’s little arguing that. There’s your numetal history lesson from an old man for the day.

• Aggroculture     April 15, 2012 at 11:54 am

Exactly. The reason we rave about Wes is because he rules. His guitar playing and riffs are awesome. Also, he’s a cool guy with a great taste in music and art, as well as an awesome painter. There’s a reason why he’s been asked to join NIN, Manson, Evanescence, From First To Last, and probably countless other bands we don’t know about.

• lateraleye789     April 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm

If Wes is so much more talented than everyone else then why has he done nothing better with his talent? Black Light Burns was okay, I’d hardly call it the work of a musical genius though. Everyone likes to point out how much more talented the rest of the band is compared to Durst, yet none of them have done anything significant outside of Limp Bizkit. If you hate them you should just hate them all equally instead of singling out Durst.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     April 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

The reason I single out Durst is that if they had a vocalist worth a shit, they would actually be a really good band. Plenty of artists have gone off to make shitty music outside of their main band. It doesn’t mean they aren’t good, just that they never found the chemistry elsewhere. I’m not a fan of the music Wes composed himself, but I don’t mind his guitar style at all. The riffs aren’t the reason LB is worse than pedophilia.

• his guitar style? yeah, simple bar chords with some distortion…what a unique style.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     April 2, 2012 at 9:48 pm

“I don’t mind his guitar style at all.” Where did I say anything about originality? Ok Wurst, I’ll humor you. Every guitarist that incorporates bar chords and distortion in their riffs has exactly the same style. Jazz drumming is easy and mediocre drummers are often able to become proficient in it. You’re an intelligent and charismatic individual. People like you.

• simple bar chords? the tapping on three dollar bill y’all, the odd tunings, the 4 string guitar? that’s unique given the climate of mainstream music at the time. if you disagree, you’re an idiot. ask a guitar player.

• Aggroculture     April 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Fred Durst’s vocals work just fine for LB. Would you want Mike Patton or Maynard singing over LB music? No, you would not.

• lateraleye789     April 3, 2012 at 12:27 am

To be fair Borland didn’t just start a side project that sucked, he quit LB & was unsuccessful in his solo endeavors. I am not a musician so I can’t speak to his actual ability but I know he’s never achieved much success outside of Limp Bizkit, same goes for every other band member. If none of them could find “the chemistry” with anyone else in the 15 years they’ve been in LB it’s probably a reflection of their talent. I just don’t get why on these LB threads there is always so much love for Wes when the best thing he’s ever done is LB.

Maybe consider the fact that they all like making LB albums and they have no grand artistic aspirations like everyone thinks they do. Fred Durst isn’t holding anyone in that band back, if anything he’s he only reason they are successful. If they were capable of producing something better it would’ve happened by now. Just accept that they are all equally responsible for the LB albums that you all hate so much.

• Lifeseclipse     April 3, 2012 at 5:37 am

I’m taking a stab at this… I think that Wes is a talented writer. I live in an area where musicians are plenty and competitive. A couple of these musicians have gone to college and got a degree in music. There is one guy who can play entire classical pieces, and has the ability to shred almost any song he cares to learn. But these two guys(Mr. Ability and Mr. Degree in music) both write the most faceless, un-catchy, awful songs you’ll never hear. You hear them and forget them 2 minutes later. Wes on the other hand does not shred(as far as I’ve heard) and as far as I know didn’t major in any musical studies. Just played music one night in a dress and was asked to join LB. But you cannot deny that “Sour” and “Pollution” and especially “Nookie” were catchy songs. I think it’s over exposure, and Fred’s ego that have killed them. His voice makes any song unbearable. The luster(or New Car smell) that Rap Metal once had has long since faded. Fred is the lightning rod for everyone’s hate because he insists on standing out front, making promises he’ll never keep and jealously taking shots at anyone who he feels threatened by(Taproot, Creed.) I think that if Fred had left when we all wished he would, The remaining members would have, for better or worse, made the right changes to stay musically relevant. The rest of the band would be better off doing something without Fred. Sadly it his ability to make 14 year old girls love him that the others feel they still need.

If any of my facts are shit, call me out on it. I’m not the LB expert. I’m just going by what I used to know, and what everyone seems to complain about or report on this fine website.

• So you’re saying those three songs are catchy because of Borland’s performance? Incorrect. The guitars in those songs are indeed “faceless and uncatchy”, as you stated. Someone else some some shit about the crazy fingertapping, psh give me a break. The dude is weak and dresses up because he is both embarrassed to be in the group and to detract from his lack of real skill.

• Lifeseclipse     April 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

You’re right Wurst. Between 1997 and 1999, nobody bought any Limp Bizkit albums, there wasn’t anything catchy. I must have been in an alternate dimension where Limp Bizkit did get big and popular and then started to annoy everyone by being every other song on rock radio.

• Allow me to make two points(whether or not you deem them valid is of no care to me): A) Wes Borland is so fucking overrated it isn’t even funny, get off his nuts. B) The amount of attention that ANY post regarding Limp Bizkit in any way, shape or form on theprp is absolutely ridiculous. Jesus H. Christ, people are actually referring to Borland as a genius? Come on, we’re better than this.

• Lifeseclipse     April 3, 2012 at 9:53 am

I’m not sure who’s saying Wes is a genius, or overrating him, but I won’t agree. The Pimp Rock Palace, …this news site, was built on Limp Bizkit and bands like Limp Bizkit. We’re just lucky that all the teenage girls do not come here posting I heart Fred all over every story that comes up. Farts, you’re the guy who said that Obzen wasn’t a good album, what bands are worth your time?

• MyDarkPassenger     April 15, 2012 at 10:07 am

The answer to that question is almost always Pantera, Slayer, old Megadeth and old Metallica. A sweet maneuver to avoid any hint of criticism whatsoever. It’s like “oh you like those bands, literally the foundation of this site’s niche. You’re alright by me then.”

Meanwhile the new Sum 41 joint blares in the safe confines of the old school thrash dungeon they call home.

• HoodooOperator     April 15, 2012 at 11:28 am

I dunno. I really like Bigdumbface. But I love Ween so that’s probably why. And if Fred sang the way he did during their cover of Sanitarium for the Metallica Icons show then LB wouldn’t be that bad. It’s just Freds whiny singing and bad rapping that makes me not care about them.