Pantera To Release “Piss” Music Video Next Month

Pantera have a new music video in the works for their previously-unreleased track “Piss“. The clip is set to debut at Revolver Magazine‘s annual “Golden Gods Awards” ceremony which will take place at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, CA on April 11th.

Piss” will appear as a bonus track on the upcoming 20th anniversary edition of Pantera‘s “Vulgar Display Of Power” (due out May 15th via Rhino).

The official word on the “Piss” video can be found below:

“For those of you attending the Revolver Golden Gods, you are in for a treat: UNRELEASED PANTERA song!

PANTERA will celebrate the 20th anniversary of their landmark album, Vulgar Display of Power, with the worldwide debut of their first music video in 12 years, for the previously unreleased song, “Piss,” from the Vulgar recording sessions.

PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul commented, “‘Piss’ is the only unheard complete Pantera track in existence. It was recorded at the same time as Vulgar Display of Power and it’s 100 percent Pantera with attitude and our signature groove! After mixing it, I can’t believe it didn’t make the record! So it’s 2012 and 20 years later and new Pantera music has been delivered. Cheers!””

COMMENTS

• FarBeyondDriven     March 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Pantera was great…
      and I don’t mind them trying to make a few dollars with crappy unreleased material, but if they ever try to have a reunion with another guitarist filling in, then they all deserve to be dragged off the stage at the first show and beaten until tender.

• My Farts Linger     March 15, 2012 at 6:16 am

I can think of plenty garbage Pantera tracks. On top of any and every ballad they ever attempted.

• Floods and Suicide Not Pt. 1? How can you not like those songs? I think everything on Vulgar, Far Beyond,and Trendkill is great. Cowboys and Reinventing are both hit and miss.

• Cowboys and Trendkill are my faves. Well, everything before Phil, although still under the name Pantera, isnt really Pantera. @Farts….ballads? Their “ballads” still shred dude. Like I said, not a single bad Pantera track.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     March 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Trendkill and Far Beyond Driven are tied for my faves..and Dime’s solo in Floods is one of my favorite solos of all time. I was fortunate enough to see him perform it flawlessly, standing no more than 10 feet away, simply mesmerized. The man was a fucking wizard.

• FarBeyondDriven     March 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Everything before Phil and the first album with Phil before they dropped (for the most part) the glam 80′s BS sound

• My Farts Linger     March 16, 2012 at 5:55 am

Thus, the beauty of an opinion. I don’t dislike Pantera, in fact, I quite enjoy them. I don’t however, find them to be the most amazing thing to ever happen to metal.

• My Farts Linger     March 16, 2012 at 5:57 am

On top of that, just because a band is my “favorite” or even one of my favorites, doesn’t mean that I have to slurp the nipple of everything they’ve ever done.

• I find it interesting that Vinnie can’t stand the thought of Phil, but has no problem milking the Pantera teet regardless. I mean, it’s one thing to sign off on the release, but the guy sat there and mixed a song featuring someone he claims to despise. Conflict of interest?

• tenwestchaser     March 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I think that’s a bit of a stretch, personally. It’s not like he sat there WITH Phil and tried to get something done for the all mighty dollar. Pantera was the majority of Vinnie Paul’s career and he can’t ignore the whole thing just because he doesn’t like Phil. He’s far from the first person who despises previous band members but still loved what he did with the group. My point is, just because he doesn’t like Phil now doesn’t mean he has to hate Pantera too. That’s just dumb.

• ballsofmetal     March 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

Well not only was Pantera the majority of Vinnie’s music career but it was also with his brother. So I doubt when this guy thinks back to those days he’s got Phil on his mind. He’s thinking about the best times of his life that he shared with his brother.

• I know they could never fill Dime’s place in the band, but I always thought that Zakk Wylde could’ve done justice to his playing. Doubt that would ever happen though.

• Darkdevout     March 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

How about Kerry King? One of Dimes biggest influences. That would be a better choice than Zack.

• Kerry King couldn’t shake a fuckin stick at Dime’s playing. He definitely would not be a worthy replacement. Zakk and Dime have a similar style.

• Donnie Narco     March 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm

not to mention the close friendship between zakk and dime to make it appropriate, and they were about to record an album together before dime was killed.