Every Time I Die Streaming New Album “Ex Lives”

Every Time I Die have begun streaming their entire new album “Ex Lives” online. You can check it out below while it is due out in stores through Epitaph on March 06th.

COMMENTS

• Maylene??? Haha man your ears are jacked up. Dude from Maylene just sounds like some amateur trying to scream/yell. You sound like my sister who thinks every singer that screams is in the same band. You disappoint me, Mr. Farts.

• smartassboiler     February 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’ll 2nd this, but not on the Maylene comparison. I’ve never listened to them. ETID and Meshuggah fall into the same category for me: the music is awesome, but there’s something about the vocals that annoy me a few tracks in. I listened to New Junk Aesthetic at least 10 times and just could not get into most of it. Loved Wanderlust, though.

• I would tell you to listen to “The BIg Dirty” to hear ETID at their peak but seeing as how you lump ETID and Meshitggah in the same category dont even bother. You might hear “The Big Dirty” and lump them in with someone shitty like Nickelback.

• I’d rather not share such a good band/album with someone that cant tell the difference between ETID and Meshuggah. So, yeah, visionary I am.

• smartassboiler     February 28, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Your reading comprehension skills are terrible. I never once said the bands sound the same.

• wurst is definitely onto something here. the big dirty is definitely etid’s magnum opus in my eyes too. i love all of their material, but i always find myself going back to TBD for the ideal ETID listening experience. maybe it is because every time i die is so importantly to me lyrically, and what Keith did on that album is light-years beyond anything else he has done. “we’re retreating into the vogue, where we’re sucking the blood from the necks of guitars” is a line that is reason enough to own the album.

• My Farts Linger     March 9, 2012 at 7:17 am

Allow me to take back my “Maylene” comment. After listening to the album and the back catalog, these guys are on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT level than MATSOD.

• My Farts Linger     February 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Pretty sure I said that he sounded like Maylene, not “every singer that screams.” Either way, it’s my opinion and not my preferred “vocal style.” Just to clear this up, I do not think ETID and Maylene are similar musically; just the “screaming” style of the singers that I am not partial to. Sorry to disappoint, Mr. Wurst.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm

There’s way too much going on in this album to process after just one listen. I’m reserving my judgement until I have time to hear it a couple more times. It’s really good, I just don’t know how good yet. I think Grudge Music was my favorite the first time around. It’s the musical equivalent of a haymaker to the back of the head. DAMN THESE FILTHY RATS!!!!!

• It’s certainly more of a dark album, and the review on Absolutepunk (95%) notes that they left out a “party song” like The New Black or We’rewolf – which is a shame, because those are two of my favorite songs of theirs. Quality album, after the initial run-through I’d give it an 8.5/10. I assume that score will go up with additional listens and seeing some of the tracks performed live.

Keith has one of the best voices out there, I don’t know what the fuck you people are on.

• I know what you mean about the lack of a ‘party song’, but it’s refreshing that they chose not to include one because that in effect alleviates the “Oh there’s ETID with their usual party song which will inevitably end up on a Guitar Hero/Rockband game ” mindset. Also, because the record has an overall darker tone, to chuck one in there would kinda detract from the album’s theme/vision.

• I second that. My only bitch is that I waited three years for only 32 minutes of material (not counting the bonus tracks). C’mon dude, you’re better than that.

• I agree that it’s short, but I really can’t think of any songs that if I had a digital copy of that I wouldn’t put on a playlist. There are tons of albums that are longer but are full of throw-ins, bloat, unnecessarily long intros/outros, etc. If I were to get a hooker, it wouldn’t be to talk about our days and catch-up like old friends – it’d be to bang her and get in & out. This album bangs the shit out that whore.

• i suppose you’re right. on average, their last three albums have been around 35 minutes long. but still, this is a band who, in my opinion, has never had a single filler song on any release. i’m not counting the bonus tracks because they’re just tracks that were scrapped from the album, and for an obvious reason. im not gonna bitch, i’ll take it and be grateful for the awesomeness it is.

• HonoluluBlueBalls     February 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I consider ETID’s bonus tracks part of the album because I can’t tell the difference and they’re always awesome. I just recently realized that Buffalo 666 was a bonus track. Business Casualty is growing on me. Shit gets really interesting about a minute in.

• This has the potential to be album of the year for me. Been into them since “Last Night in Town” and IMO this album is the perfect mix of that album and everything post “Hot Damn”.

A year with new records from ETID and Converge is a good year in my book. Now if we get a new Deftones record this year, Forget about it.

• oh and keith’s vocals are always top-notch, but no one here is mentioning his lyrics (which are on a whole other level). comparing his screaming to other singers makes sense, but the lyrics are so important in a band like ETID, and this is where i think keith sets himself apart. he is an excellent writer.

• Agreed. One of the best lyricists out right now. He’s smarter than the average bear, Or in this case Metalcore frontman. His lyrics are even good to read without the music. Such a witty motherfucker. If he doesn’t release a book of some sort at some point in his career I’d be very surprised.

• honestly, he could be singing about how big bird and oscar the fuckin grouch ran a train on the count and i would still think they ruled. i’m not really big on lyrics because when i listen to music i’m listening to the music, not what the dude is saying. but thats just me.

• hey bro, stop whining and go to your stupid American Head Charge show. you look like the type of faggot that hangs out in Deep Ellum.

• aww that’s cute! wurst follows my posts. i’m sorry you got butthurt by my calling you out that you have a lot to say volume-wise, but nothing to say substantively.

• follow them? not really. you responded to one of my comments on another post. just chill dude, dont get your panties in a bind.

• i agree to a certain extent. they are also one of my favorite bands, but i think that their bassist writes better lyrics out of the two of them. he wrote most of the lyrics for fortess (and i’m pretty sure with kezia too). scurrilious was the first album with their singer actually writing the lyrics. rody is DEFINITELY one of the best singers in all of the metal though, IMO. he hits some notes that i would have to chop my balls off to hit.

• My Farts Linger     February 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I agree, completely. Much like my recent experience with ETID, I didn’t really get into them until their most recent albums; in the case of PTH, I am referring to ‘Scurrilous’, and now I enjoy all of their albums. To me, ‘Scurrilous’ is just about perfect. Randy is undoubtedly in the top percentile of metal vocalists. They are also fucking amazing live (my only quarral being Rody’s inconsistency, but when he is on, he’s untouchable).

• southpawchew     March 5, 2012 at 9:58 am

randy is a great vocalist because he is classically trained so he learned how to use his voice the right way

• My Farts Linger     March 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm

They are definitely different, but I don’t think Arif is necessarily better. What do you think of Scurrilous as an album? I think it blows away anything else they have done.

• My Farts Linger     February 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

After a few spins, I dig it. My biggest complaint would definitely be the vocals, but maybe they’ll continue to grow on me. I’ll definitely have to give the back catalog a second chance, my niglets.

• I’ve kinda grown up with these guys…saw them live in 2001/02 and have been hooked ever since. Fuck, I think we’re about the same age… Andy Williams was saying on the making of videos something of the sort, “I write mostly 4/4 stuff, but, like it’s gonna be some of the most fucked up stuff I can think of…”

They don’t go outside the box per se, but there ain’t any homeless people living in that cardboard box when they’re done…

• still waiting for the point to your post.

i think they do go outside the box. they arent reinventing the wheel but i cant think of another band that sounds like them, can you?

• philippeletigre     March 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

This album is a banger! I love it all. Joe Barresi (Sp?) killed it on the sound of this.

I am definitely stoked to see these guys again next week.

• cutmewithyoursun     March 1, 2012 at 11:04 am

I like the album, but I’m disappointed that some of my initial faves were bonus tracks (Grudge Music and Business Casualty). I don’t know if there’s a stand-out track like the other albums had (Wanderlust, We’rewolf, Ebolarama), but it’s quite the solid album. Although an ETID fan, I’ve never been a huge ETID fan because I found their albums repetitive and only really dung the stand-outs. New Junk was an exception since it is less repetitive than the others and is thus my favorite album of theirs. I still sense some repetition in this one, but the songs are pretty unique, so with a few more listens it has the potential to be my favorite of theirs.

• My Farts Linger     March 5, 2012 at 7:14 am

I am currently in the process of giving ETID’s back catalog a second chance and I must admit, I am really getting into it! It’s so weird how you can dislike something and then a few years later really get into it. So far I have listened to this new album and I have purchased ‘The Big Dirty’. The lyrics are absolutely stellar.

• southpawchew     March 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

gutter is prob. my favorite of theres, but yeah i am just getting into dream theater cause i heard the operatic side of 6 degrees and couldnt get into it and his singing but now i am diggin into it pretty heavly