Max Cavalera Comments On New Project With The Dillinger Escape Plan’s Greg Puciato

Soulfly/Cavalera Conspiracy frontman Max Cavalera has commented on his recent sessions with The Dillinger Escape Plan frontman Greg Puciato on their as-yet unnamed new collaborative project. Speaking to Roadrunnerrecords.com, he offered:

“Everybody ask me, ‘Hey Max, are you gonna do another Nailbomb?’ and the answer is always No, because we killed Nailbomb on purpose. So when Greg approached me with an idea of a project, I said I’ll do it, but it has to be like Nailbomb. I’m gonna share the vocals with Greg. We’re gonna have a bunch of killer guest musicians, and it’ll be the closest thing to a Nailbomb experience. I promise you it is going to be heavy as fuck, angry as fuck, and aggressive as fuck. Me and Greg are pissed off and we’re coming your way!!!!”

As previously reported, new demo sessions for the effort took place this past weekend. A 2012 release is expected.

COMMENTS

• Relentless_Beating     August 30, 2011 at 2:18 pm

And even Roots was questionable. Mainly cause the first Soulfly sounded exactly like it.

Alex Newport better have something to do with this, just for the “lulz” (As the kids would say)

• Aggroculture     August 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Roots > Soulfly. There’s some good Soulfly songs, and a bunch of shitty ones. Max has no quality control. He just releases everything he writes, and apparently writes songs in five minutes. Cavalera Conspiracy have put on some damn good live shows. And finally: Alex Newport is too busy these days producing indie bands.

• scorpions     August 30, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Roots is the first soulfly… Duh… Aggro, youre saying some good shit… I love older soulfly… I love old sepultura… i like some newer sepultura… And i like some newer soulfly… Max is pretty much spent, but well see if he brings the shit

• mjclementz     August 30, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’ve never been a big Sepultura fan, I guess you could call me a casual fan, though. What I’ve always been a big fan of (since it came out when I was a soph/junior in high school) was Soulfly’s Primitive. I loved the guest artists and just dug the shit out of that album’s sound. Everything else the band has done though has been only mildly enjoyable in small doses. I rock the Primitive on the regular to this day, though, no joke.

• i’m tottally interested in hearing this. Oh and, First Commandment and Eye for an Eye by Soulfly are awesome songs. The first Soulfly album was actually decent don’t see what’s up with he hate on that album.

• tentonwolf     August 31, 2011 at 4:17 am

I hear ya there dude, (old) Sepultura is obviously a superior product but Soulfly’s first two records(3 if you count roots i guess) killed!

• scorpions     August 31, 2011 at 9:19 am

sepultura- chaos ad
      soulfly- self titled
      sepultura- roots
      soulfly- primitive
      sepultura- arise
      sepultura- beneath the remains
      soulfly- dark ages
      soulfly- 3
      soulfly- prophecy

thats my list, in that order… @whitey- nailbomb was fuckin sick too