Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Performs Acoustic Cover Of “SpongeBob SquarePants” Theme, Footage Available

Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor recently performed an acoustic cover of the theme song to the animated series “SpongeBob SquarePants” in Northampton, MA. You can find footage of that below.

Before you wonder how this will impact that much discussed potential new Slipknot album, rest assured that the show was a benefit concert for the “It Takes A Community Foundation“; which is a non-profit charity created by Staind frontman Aaron Lewis and his wife aimed at reviving rural communities.

Meanwhile, the performance also saw Taylor join Aaron Lewis and more onstage for a cover of Queen‘s “We Will Rock You“, you can find footage of that below as well:

SpongeBob SquarePants“:

We Will Rock You” (Queen cover) (feat. Aaron Lewis):

COMMENTS

• adamonfire     August 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

He just tries too hard. I think if I were to have a sit-down conversation with this guy I would so be annoyed that I would want to punch him in the face within 3 minutes.

• RxInfection     August 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I think you’re trying too hard with this comment. The guy does the song for Spongebob at a benefit concert for little kids and you want to punch him in the face? I think this shit is commendable given he could be sitting around in his house slamming heroin for hours on end but chooses to use his influences in a positive way and step outside of the box and do something for a cause and dicks always have to find a reason to talk shit.

• adamonfire     August 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Yep, you’re completely correct as I’m basing that entire statement on this single PRP post and nothing else that he has done, said, or recorded in the past. Good point, sir.

• mongolianchopsquad     August 22, 2011 at 7:03 pm

This tune’s been ringing in my ear all day. “SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob SquarePants”, Classic. Maybe he can sing the song for ‘Adventure Time’ too.

• Imagine if Corey had came out in that red jumpsuit and wearing his Slipknot mask?? Those kids would’ve pissed their pants so fast it would’ve been like that one scene in “Billy Madison”!

• I Am Legend     August 23, 2011 at 5:28 am

Corey Taylor is the fucking man. Say what you will about Slipknot, Stone Sour, Staind, Spongebob, and what-the-fuck-ever else, but the bottom line is, this was for charity, and that makes everyone involved okay in my book.

• southpawchew     August 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm

hey anything involving charity is cool dont get me wrong but just because its charity doesnt make him cool if it was the dude from disturbed u all would be diggin on him