Chimaira Reveal New Lineup

Chimaira held a ustreamed conference with their fans today (April 14th) during which they tackled the numerous concerns surrounding the band, including the recently announced departures of drummer Andols Herrick and keyboardist/programmer Chris Spicuzza.

While assuring fans that they aren’t breaking up, the group also confirmed their new ‘Chimairååth’-styled lineup, which now runs as follows:

Vocals – Mark Hunter
Guitars – Rob Arnold
Guitars – Matt DeVries
Bass – Emil Werstler (Daath)
Keyboards/Samples – Sean Zatorsky (Daath)
Drums – Austin D’Amond (Bleed The Sky, The Elite)

Currently the group have a new album tentatively set for an August release date through eOne Music. Furthermore, while D’Amond has been tapped to handle the drums in a live capacity, it was also revealed that the producer of the new effort, Ben Schigel, handled the studio drumming for it.

COMMENTS

• MetalMusicAddict     April 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm

There’s always more to these stories. I’m friends with K. Talley and it was odd how they let him go. (though Andols really did fit better here) Now Talley is in SFU w/half of Chimaira?

Seems like Mark might be a thorn somewhere? (with everyone else seemingly being able to get along in other bands together)

IDK. Just all feels odd.

• Kmmfucker343     April 15, 2011 at 3:23 am

I met Mark at a Daath show. He was a really nice dude,even when I told him I wasn’t too into Chimaira,But currently I can’t say I’m less then obsessed with Chimaira haha. But I’m thinking the new record will be pretty good.

• On a side note, I loved Ben’s vocals in Switched… as a matter of fact, I liked Switched alot. However, I question the drums on this album…. though I guess he must be good if he was allowed to lay down the drums… I garuntee he’s no Austin or Andols…. We shall see.

• Cool of them to include the new guys as official members instead of someone they would hide behind the curtains during concerts (I’m looking at YOU, KoЯn).

• This is awesome… I love Bleed The Sky… I’ve seen Austin play live at a small club and destroy the place. One hell of a drummer. I can’t wait to hear even newer stuff with this line-up’s input.

• solitaryscience     April 15, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I’m also a big Chimaira fan and sad to hear of all 3 departures. Bands either make it and press on or they don’t so we’ll see what happens. All I know is, they don’t suck.

• They Ate Their Macaroons in Silence     April 15, 2011 at 8:23 pm

haha I gotta say I still throw in that Reveille disc to listen to “Catarax”, “Down To None”, and “Plastic”.

• They Ate Their Macaroons in Silence     April 16, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I don’t give a fuck, allix.. I’ll listen to Skrape, American Head Charge, Apartment 26, Dry Kill Logic, & ESPECIALLY Depswa & Taproot any time with the top and doors off my Jeep and feel proud. Buuut I would probably mob to Burnt By the Sun 18 times before I put in any of those bands.

• I was only trying to sound like the average nu metal bashing guy @ theprp. Too bad American Head Charge is no more, and what the fuck happened to Dry Kill Logic? Didn’t hear about them in a long long time.

• Rev.J_Blumpkin     April 17, 2011 at 9:50 am

@allichs: I too miss AHC, but recently they revamped their myspace and sounds like some sort of reunion is in store. Keeping faith in them since theyre my hometown band. Also, DKL is fucking awesome, i hate how they havent put out an album since 2006-07.